Finally after a hard day of work in the “theater” you arrived at home…..Welcome Home!

Playlist Name: Welcome Home

Gamertag: M4dmuffinNL

Playlist Type: Solo Adventure

After a very long time editing I finally finished my solo story/adventure. I proudly present to you:

---------------Welcome Home---------------

1. The Nursery Room
2. The Dining Room
3. The Bed Room
4. The Living Room
5. The Kitchen
6. The Garden
7. The Basement
8. The Barn
9. The Garage
10. The Panic Room
11. The Control Room
12. The Bath Room
13. The Attic
14. The Game Room

*15. The Toilet

*secret level.

Before you begin I want you to know…..that it really took a toll on me: sweet, tears, sometimes a little drop of blood but most of all… AMAZING much FUN! Thank you “The Behemoth” for this amazing game + editor tool, I think it really expand the playtime by a thousand times. Also, personally I think I have designed very good levels, with some clever puzzles and trick jumps. The hardest thing for me was to make the levels not too hard but also not too easy. I hope it’s a challenge, not a piece of cake, not a nightmare.

I just want to point out some things:

1. My level designs are for every type of player: beginners, advanced and expert players (of course some parts are harder than others).
    A lot of my levels have an easy route and a more advanced route, sometimes you can even take an expert route.
    If you are an “expert” you can take a lot of shortcuts or use other obstacles to your advantage. Some of the fresh strawberries can only be taken by advanced trick jumps, but this doesn’t mean a “beginner” can’t finish a level, they still can!

2. I’ve designed all this adventure to play without any tools/weapons! (of course if you like to use some…..go ahead! :-P )

3. As far as I know, none of my levels can be “broken”. So you don’t have to restart when you get stuck (maybe with a super expert weapon tool trick you can break the level but then it’s your own fault because the routes are not created for that kind of stuff)

4. All levels can be finished with a “A++”

5. All levels are possible to finish with a “A++” without dying.

6. All times are set on the easy routes, so when you finish a level with enough time left, you most likely used a more advanced route/trick jumps.

7. Which level most proud of?.... “The Garage”. It took me some time to figure this one out. I used 6 (linked) teleports without “breaking” the level.
    Also the way I’ve created it is: for example if you choose the use the easy route you can get enough fresh strawberries to finish the level but you can’t get the fresh strawberries from the medium or hard route.
    But when, for example, you choose to use the medium route you can get the fresh strawberries from the medium route, but also from the easy route.
    Only when you choose to use the hard route you can get all the fresh strawberries
    ……. Delicious……. Fresh…….Strawberries…….Can I also have some fresh pie please? .......Can you find it?

Storyline:

The storyline of “Welcome Home” is based on a very very…very long story.

Long story short: You arrived at home after a hard day of work.
Time to relax….Time to Play some BattleBlock Theater or maybe you’re obsessed with it. ;-)

Maybe you took your work home

Well get ready to: Explore “The Garden” to Conquer the “The Attic” or to get FLUSHED through “The Toilet” (YEAH! Flushed, Super Cool :-D   )…………Or finally beat every room of the “Game Room”! 8-)

Tips:

• Make sure you find the secret level “The Toilet” It’s super the f….art …cool.
  • Make sure you react fast at “The Barn”. Are you fast enough before the door opens?
  • Make sure you get to “The Garage” and pick the way that fits YOU the most.

Questions:

Any questions about my levels please ask!

Any suggestions, feedback or if you find problems, please let me know!

PS. Please let me know what you think of it! It really took me a lot of time to come with some concepts, puzzles and creative routes for every kind of player. Thank you very much!...Ooh and sorry for any spelling errors/mistakes, it’s still hard from Dutch to English.

.....I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by M4dmuffinNL

I'm going to try these right now, I really like you talking about easier/harder routes with optional gems and everything else you pointed out... it feels like you put a great deal of work into this. I'm ready to be amazed!

Edited by boolf

Inspiring!!! I really love the gurage and plan on playing this playlist again. Trying to find a way around these pink block shenanigans in the attic.

Great set of levels, really like how you have multiple paths with varying difficulties. Much prefer this to the current set of featured community levels. Some really good ideas and a couple of puzzles I hadnt come across in the main game. Good work!

• Upvote 1

I'm going to try these right now, I really like you talking about easier/harder routes with optional gems and everything you pointed out... it feels like you put a great deal of work into this. I'm ready to be amazed!

Inspiring!!! I really love the gurage and plan on playing this playlist again. Trying to find a way around these pink block shenanigans in the attic.

Great set of levels, really like how you have multiple paths with varying difficulties. Much prefer this to the current set of featured community levels. Some really good ideas and a couple of puzzles I hadnt come across in the main game. Good work!

Thank you all so much!! I really appreciate it. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. Some times it was really hard to figure out the right balance between an expert player and a beginner. I just wanted people to know that there are so much special/hidden jump techniques in this game, without frustrated beginners.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I just played a second and a third time through this and I confirm what I told you yesterday on live - your levels look professional and are at the same time challenging (with the option to choose the desired difficulty no less!) and a lot of fun to play  :D Also, multiple routes go a long way in favor of replayability! 5/5.

I think you should be proud of them, I hope they will be the next solo feature! There are many ideas and the execution is overall brilliant.

Just one thing... I can't find the secret level! I must be dumb or something but I swear it completely eludes me :( I want to play it, I'm not quite there yet but if I still can't find it in another couple of runs I'll come back and ask for a hint :P

P.S.

The Game Room has some pretty difficult jumps, especially the inverted T with the clouds just above some water towards the end... I did it once but couldn't replicate it, I ended up using a frog as a stepping stone xD

• Upvote 1

Ok, I just played a second and a third time through this and I confirm what I told you yesterday on live - your levels look professional and are at the same time challenging (with the option to choose the desired difficulty no less!) and a lot of fun to play  :D Also, multiple routes go a long way in favor of replayability! 5/5.

I think you should be proud of them, I hope they will be the next solo feature! There are many ideas and the execution is overall brilliant.

Just one thing... I can't find the secret level! I must be dumb or something but I swear it completely eludes me :( I want to play it, I'm not quite there yet but if I still can't find it in another couple of runs I'll come back and ask for a hint :P

P.S.

The Game Room has some pretty difficult jumps, especially the inverted T with the clouds just above some water towards the end... I did it once but couldn't replicate it, I ended up using a frog as a stepping stone xD

Thank you for your compliments, I'm really glad you enjoy playing my levels so much! And ofcours if you want a hint just let me know. :-P

Edited by M4dmuffinNL

I'm stuck on this one part in the attic that kind of looks like this: 

post-18360-0-03624000-1368900234_thumb.png

At first I thought I had to use the wings to get up there but then I read that none of the levels are broken. How do I get up there without having to restart the level?

• Upvote 1

attachicon.gifPicture 4.png

At first I thought I had to use the wings to get up there but then I read that none of the levels are broken. How do I get up there without having to restart the level?

Lol  :-P

Glide on the purple blocks, let go of glide (so you fall down) then double jump and then glide again. To make it all the way up! 

Don't forget first let go of glide before you press jump! :)

Spoiler!! 

I'm sorry for the bad quality!

Edited by M4dmuffinNL

attachicon.gifPicture 4.png

Lol  :-P

Glide on the purple blocks, let go of glide (so you fall down) then double jump and then glide again. To make it all the way up! 

Don't forget first let go of glide before you press jump! :)

Spoiler!! 

I'm sorry for the bad quality!

o...              :| wow

Thanks for the help! I like the interesting ways you've used blocks that I've never been done before like this and the monkey bars inside the clouds

Thank you very much Mr. Hatty! I like the movie a lot! It's gives me a good insight how other players experience playing the maps.

I really appreciate your feedback and effort you put into your movies!

I quess it's possible the break the levels 2 and 6?  :( I hate that too.

Level 2: When you push the blocks wrong when you go up (at the first savepoint). if you take the gem and fall down you can get stuck. 

Level 6: As you show me! When you push the block down and you don't hit the savepoint you can get stuck when you die (the bridge of glass is blocking you)

I definitely keep this in mind for my next playlist! Thank you for this!  :) 

Anyway most parts I think are normal to play, if you know what to do!

I mean.... 

(This is what a player needs to complete my list normal playing)

- single jump 

- double jump 

- Only push forward in the air (no jump, for examply when you get launched)

- Timing

- Patience

(This is what a player "extra" needs to completed my list on A++ playing)

- Duck jumping (for the yarn in The Game Room, or just throw a boomerang if you wanna use a tool/weapon) :)

- First walking off a cliff and then (double) jump instead of directly (double) jumping of a cliff. (Game Room)

- Glide jump right upstairs (the Attic)

- Maximum height jumps (for some gems)

I really try to come with some alternatives like the green bird in "The Barn" you can stand on his head and use him to get to the other side, or completly ignore him and jump on the blocks, or you can use the ladders above you. 

For example an other puzzle part: The part at "The Barn" where you need to jump through the clouds with the water beneath you. I talk about the last 2 clouds. When you try to jump up the fan it will blocks you, so you can't jump through the most left cloud, but when you jump throught the right cloud you can easly go through it.

Almost every map have this kind of alternatives routes and puzzles!

At last, I know about the pink little birds in level 6 The Garden. But i did it because the 5th level contains the secret level and if someone is paying attention they notice the pink little birds first, before going to the next level 6 "The Garden" 

The little pink birds in "The Garden" stand for little bugs in the garden (Ants, Fly's, Grasshopper, etc, etc) Also the buzzsaws stands for lawnmowers cutting the grass  :)  the 2 cats stand for the 2 cats in the garden Lol  :D and at last the "Raccalope" stands for a dog guarding the exit of the garden.  :D (well.. that's my fantasy when i play the adventure of "The Garden" :P )

Oooh and...I've recieved a few messages saying some levels are impossible the complete on A++ or to complete at all.

Well... here we go!!! :) (sorry for the bad quality and some unnecessary deaths)

---SPOILER----

Welcome Home: Levels 1-2-3

Welcome Home: Levels 4-5-6

Welcome Home: Levels 7-8-9

Welcome Home: Finals

Welcome Home: Encore 1 

Welcome Home: Encore 2 

Welcome Home: Encore 3

Edited by M4dmuffinNL

No problem, thanks for making the levels! Despite my complaining (I complain about everything so that's nothing to do with your levels specifically) I did enjoy the challenge, and I'm glad I could show you that little hiccup in level 6 for improvement's sake. You've got talent (a hell of a lot more than I do)