Sign in to follow this  
Doctor of the Knight

Sidebasketing?

Just wondering what you guys think of sidebasketing ( what I call scoring on the side of the basket rather than from above) I find it tedious some times because its really hard to block the top of the net and the side on certain maps but when I play 1v2 I almost have to use it entirely anyways I want to know what you guys think of it?

It isn't supposed to be in the game.

But I use it when both the enemies are standing on the nets and my teammate is one of those newbs who will stand on the enemy basket and press x...

Working on a fix.  It's not intended.  

For anyone sidebasketing, get your A-game in order without relying on them or you'll have a tough time!  Or, of course, get as many sidebaskets as you can in now :)

It is not a very complex game. It will not be highly competive. If you want to be a big fish in a small pond, grab as many glitches as possible untill they fix it. After all, the devos does not seem to care.  You know they will make a new glitch when they fix the old one. Grab it and run, rinse, and repeat.

I would say it is a waste of time, period. If you have tried to play any ranked match, you and me plus 5 makes every one.

It is not a very complex game. It will not be highly competive. If you want to be a big fish in a small pond, grab as many glitches as possible untill they fix it. After all, the devos does not seem to care.  You know they will make a new glitch when they fix the old one. Grab it and run, rinse, and repeat.

I would say it is a waste of time, period. If you have tried to play any ranked match, you and me plus 5 makes every one.

lol glass is half empty eh?  You did just read that we're fixing it, right?

• Upvote 3

Are you new to a dev team that cares about their players? Because Behemoth isn't like many of those companies that spew games out of their sphincter and expect it to sell (which unfortunately does because many consumers are idiots, but I won't get into that right now as I could write paragraph after paragraph on how consumers are just sheep, but seriously this parenthesis is getting too long as is).

Behemoth cares more about their community than most major developers nowadays. Why you think otherwise is beyond me. There will always be glitches in games, and every developer can't possibly find all of them and fix them in testing phases. So there was a minor oversight, would you have found this if you were testing the game? Maybe yes, maybe no, hardly worth blaming or claiming they don't care over though.

I don't like sidebasketing obviously, anyhow I'm not playing basket anymore, when I enter a match hosted by someone else I cannot touch them: punches, kicks, nothing works...

(btw, today I was playing with two guys, and the one on my team was helping the other to score  punching me away all the time, so annoying)

Lol Leurfe I have found teamates like that, I pass them the ball they stand on the goal and press X and they'll keep smacking me when I'm chasing the guys.

It does get old, and it's a cheap move. I hate that when I host a match, the challenger can still choose a map where they can use the glitch. (I'm talking about a 1v1 match). It's good to hear that there is an update coming, hopefully soon.

P.s I recommend "balleseum" (check spelling).

I'm good without using this "glitch" and I will say I use it more than the regular scoring in occasions like 2v1 (without this its difficult if 2 are blocking nearly impossible even.) is when only find its so useful. Also, to be honest I thought this was put in the game on purpose lol.

Edited by Hydra Knight

For anyone sidebasketing, get your A-game in order without relying on them or you'll have a tough time!  Or, of course, get as many sidebaskets as you can in now :)

Sidebasketing is a glitch? i always felt like this was suppose to be there and i think this glitch should be left alone for Three reasons.

1. 2v1 situations

2. having a teamate who well.... just doesn't know what they are doing and don't give me no support.

3. people who stand on the net and either endlessly throw Grenades or blowing me away with the fan.

Edited by Night80563

Sidebasketing is a glitch? i always felt like this was suppose to be there and i think this glitch should be left alone for Three reasons.

1. 2v1 situations

2. having a teamate who well.... just doesn't know what they are doing and don't give me no support.

3. people who stand on the net and either endlessly throw Grenades or blowing me away with the fan.

Unfortunately most people just don't use glitches only when they need them, they use them every time, two on one, two on two, one on one, they don't care.

Anyway in real basket if you have a weak teammate you lose, that's called team play, you don't get to score throwing the ball on the net on it's side just because you don't like your teammate.

Yet you're right on the third point, people standing on the baskets are so annoying, I think they should have made the basket not touchable, so one would fall through it (and eventually score if they had the ball), It would have been much more fun to me.

Glad this is being fixed :) As for the comments about a lazy dev team, never have I seen a more hands-on, proactive group of people always eager to talk to their customers and fans and make the game as good as possible. I'd say the Behemoth is one of the best games teams in the world for this. Larger games such as Black ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 both have major glitches that have not been fixed for months on end, with 50 page forum threads full of genuine customer complaints falling on deaf ears. You could argue that there's a lot more players to please, but they also have much larger resources, so there's really no excuse.