silverway

I Wonder What The Time Period Is In Battleblock Theater?

I just started the game and I notice on the theater that the place has been shut down. from the style of it (going from the style medieval times of CC and Present Day of AH) I'd would say it would take place somewhere in the 1930s? either that or far into the post apoc future beyond AH o.o

I'm not sure, but would AH be Roswell 1947? That would make BBT just before the alien got to area 51. (Assuming the entire game didn't take place in a day) Plus, for all we know, CC could take place on an unexplored continent where the technological golden age hasn't occurred yet.

well aliens been known to be around forever. so for the hominid race to appear in desert area of CC wouldn't surprise me. I'm just going by the No Admittance sign and the fact the place been in disrepair for a very long time. I just assume it be 1930s ish because of the mannerism that the narrator speaks ( Like those Old Timey Reel Films ) and how Hatty is dressed. Yes I haven't beaten the game yet but sounds like more implications might be revealed.

or we can go by the cutscene that has the titanic parked out there and find out about when it was

The titanic is parked outside of the theater when it was first built, not the current time period

or we can go by the cutscene that has the titanic parked out there and find out about when it was

The titanic is parked outside of the theater when it was first built, not the current time period

yes but that gives us an earliest time and the titanic wasn't exactly around for long so for it to be parked there gives us a timeline

the titanic now gives the timeline between march 31, 1909 and april 15, 1912 so a short time span so we know when the theater was founded.

Edited by Selectedpoppy9

If the theater was founded in 1912 at the latest, and the hat was passed around for generations, something must be wrong. Eitehr everyone who had the hat was stupid and died quickly, or the game is way in the future. I mean Hatty had to be the greatest wearer for he did kill Honey Hug and he didn't last very long, plus the game takes place before Alien Hominid. So either AH's time period was in the future and was they were LAGGING WAY BEHIND in the technological department, or the Behemoth are hiding something and laughing at us from behind their monitors. 

If on were to assume that the theater was founded around the time of the Titanic, then in the Chapter 4 cutscene the narrator says "for thousands of years Purrham's passed from head to head..." So that would mean current day rundown BBT is at least in the year 2100 ;)

Of course the year it was founded is roughly 17...0...50...9

• Upvote 1

If on were to assume that the theater was founded around the time of the Titanic, then in the Chapter 4 cutscene the narrator says "for thousands of years Purrham's passed from head to head..." So that would mean current day rundown BBT is at least in the year 2100 ;)

If the titanic was lets say 1912 then 2100 would only be 200 years and he said for thousandS(plural). This would mean the minim years is 2 thousand. That would be 3912.

• Upvote 1

If the titanic was lets say 1912 then 2100 would only be 200 years and he said for thousandS(plural). This would mean the minim years is 2 thousand. That would be 3912.

Oop haha. Derp. MATH! :P

Why does it take place before Alien Hominid?

Because the Hat's Lazer crashed his Ship. D:

How do you know what time period it was when it crashed his ship?  What if it wasn't the beginning of AH?  What if it was right after the ending of AH?  What if it was hundreds of years later?  How long does an Alien Hominid live?

QUESTIONS! !11

How do you know what time period it was when it crashed his ship?  What if it wasn't the beginning of AH?  What if it was right after the ending of AH?  What if it was hundreds of years later?  How long does an Alien Hominid live?

QUESTIONS! !11

I think it takes place when AH crashed and it was in the middle or something i dunno

How do you know what time period it was when it crashed his ship? What if it wasn't the beginning of AH? What if it was right after the ending of AH? What if it was hundreds of years later? How long does an Alien Hominid live?

QUESTIONS! !11

I think it takes place when AH crashed and it was in the middle or something i dunno
We might never know...

YOU ARE ALL WRONG IT IS IN THE TIME OF "who cares" AND ALL THREE GAMES ARE IN THE SAME YEARS!

Castle crasher happened just 1 week before the crash and AH no one knows....

• Upvote 1

My head can't process so many theories. All Dan is doing is trying to keep the timeline hush hush, and everyone else is going off a limb, adding to the twisty body of this question, ultimately creating a disfigured and contorted person. You can't confuse me Behemoth forums, believe me when I say I've already tried.

My head can't process so many theories. All Dan is doing is trying to keep the timeline hush hush, and everyone else is going off a limb, adding to the twisty body of this question, ultimately creating a disfigured and contorted person. You can't confuse me Behemoth forums, believe me when I say I've already tried.

Wut :l