Tattooey

Arena Ball Game Glitch

The side dunking in ball game glith has become very annoying and cheap as far as playing the game to win. So far I have encountered many many people who use this method even when the nets are open and can take a clear shot. It's cheap and unfair because there is no possible way to block the shot. It makes playing ball game in the arena pointless. Most of the guys I've played against in ball game that are top 50 all use this method and this is most likely the only way they play. Once in awhile some of them have mics which we argue not to dunk the ball using the glitch which is great but there's also hundreds if not thousands who take advantage of this.

Toxinking

KlingonkoolAid

Slippy

Are very notorious when it comes to only using the glitch. If you encounter them don't even move 2 inches and watch as they grab the ball with no one defending and they will still use the glitch when they can easily and simply just shoot or dunk without the glitch they still choose to do so. It's very annoying and pathetic. I can stress how bad this needs to be fixed. It causes a lot of rage quitting to occur. A lot of players out their do not stand a chance against people who hardcore use the crap out of this glitch to secure a win without playing fair.

The behemoth is aware of the issue, I believe Dan said something along the lines of "if you have a problem with it don't do it, if not do it as much as possible before the patch." Don't take my word as anything official though.  Oh and also, you can block it by using the fan. 

Edited by ICleanWindows

I dont know what this is. I encountered his one guy who was zipping around the screen socring once every 3-4 seconds with slam dunks :/

I don't think it's a cheap tactic at all, when I am the only person on my team and there are two people on the other team just sitting there camping with fans, there isn't much I can do. Sure, I could use the energy ball and knock them away for a brief second, but there they are again, sitting there with fans. I like this glitch because it shows people not just to camp the net the whole game, and to actually try to swipe the ball from you. There are only the first couple levels in Ball Game where this is possible, but if you choose different levels, then they can't use the glitch. Like levels 1-3, if you go past the Gift Shop and go to 4-6, I think only one has no blocks on the side of their nets. 

Ya but there's people out there using this glitch when the net is completely open and no one even near by to stop them. I think it's cheap. Anyone can double tap the A button and press X once but it takes true skill to play correctly.

I don't play ball game anymore. Whenever I get into a game its just a bunch of mindless children who abuse the glitch and then just camp with fans the entire game. That's pretty much why I stick to 3 multiplayer modes now, though CTH can become a scrub fest at times.

The behemoth is aware of the issue, I believe Dan said something along the lines of "if you have a problem with it don't do it, if not do it as much as possible before the patch." Don't take my word as anything official though. Oh and also, you can block it by using the fan.

That's the first time I've heard a dev say "you might as well exploit this glitch as much as possible before we fix it", lol. I'm assuming he intended for that to sound that way. Anyways, the moral of the story is Dan Paladin is a cool guy.

The behemoth is aware of the issue, I believe Dan said something along the lines of "if you have a problem with it don't do it, if not do it as much as possible before the patch." Don't take my word as anything official though. Oh and also, you can block it by using the fan.

That's the first time I've heard a dev say "you might as well exploit this glitch as much as possible before we fix it", lol. I'm assuming he intended for that to sound that way. Anyways, the moral of the story is Dan Paladin is a cool guy.

I think he was trying to be funny :-P

• Upvote 1

I play ball game and I have seen this glitch but not as much as Tattooey would lead me to believe, but yes I have encounter this glitch and it is very annoying and cheap. They do use it when the net is open and even with the fan it is still almost impossible to defend against it. However regardless of wether you are using the glitch or trying to defend against it, the game is the game. They're playing by the rules. Regardless of the way they're getting points it is how they play. Just go with it until its patched. You can't get mad at someone for playing with a different head, why get mad at them for playing with a different strategy?

Ya but there's people out there using this glitch when the net is completely open and no one even near by to stop them. I think it's cheap. Anyone can double tap the A button and press X once but it takes true skill to play correctly.

well you could play on levels that have blocks blocking the side of the net but then you'll get people camping on the net with fans and grenades. I wish that the dev would leave this alone but thats not gonna happen and when they do patch it i hope they do something about people who stand on the net how about making the net untouchable.

Another thing that needs to be patched is the push infinite. This needs to patched for muckle games.

Edited by Night80563

I think it would be cool to have blocks besides the nets instead of clouds, and when the enemies were standing on both the nets that block turned into a cloud so you could do it. :D

GM Hydra was who I played last night at 2 am Pacific time. It was me hosting then GM Hydra and some noob joined. The noob stood on his own basket with a fan, I had to sidebasket. GM Hydra would ONLY sidebasket even in a 2v1 situation where he is winning by multitudes of points. He will still strive to sidebasket. This is frustrating as hell when I cant even get a team mate.

To fix this the baskets should act as a button. All maps have a block on the side of each basket. Preventing sidebaskets while this block is in place.

When standing on a basket the block will turn into a cloud exposing the side for a nice controlled side basket! This is the most logical fix?! Who agrees?

Edited by oO VAPOR Oo
  • Upvote 1

My question is which is cheaper...someone sidebasketing when the goal was open and they would of gotten the goal anyway or two people standing on the goal spamming grenades..in my opinion sidebasketing made people actually move around some but now defense is standing on a basket and spamming your weapon...idk how to get past that...o well sidebasketing is pretty cheap...but this is going to unleash a whole other cheap problem...whats even worse is that you cant even attack while holding the ball so you have to stand there and hope your teammate can remove 2 people and give you a clear shot...and if youre basket is open why complain that they scored on you with a sidebasket... the result would be the same if they jumped and threw it in...i understand that sidebasketing needed a patch but whats the countermeasure for 2 people just sitting there ? 2v1s are now impossible because of this

work the court with fast breaks and passing. Ten points per goal with a pass. In the meantime I'm working on new ball game maps that don't have a goal tending problem.

How does one "play correctly" exactly? For example, if we were playing a match of Ball Game and I was constantly just jumping on your head, the ball spawn inches from me, I always score, would you still say I have no skill? But in regards to the side net glitch, it showed people that they shouldn't camp and spam weapons 24/7, and try to actually coordinate with their team mate in order to win.  I guess it goes both ways with that glitch.

Hey! Just a reminder -- sidebasketing got fixed with our recent title update! Huzzah!

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2013/05/15/battleblock-theater-game-updates/

Ball Game your faces off, with no fear of cheapy cheapoes!

is not fixed, its not easy than the other time but you can take the score, if you jump on the top of the cloud and press ( Y ), the ball get in but if you stay en the coud they cant do the glitch, and i found and other glitch, you can get the score if you explote down of the basket its visible when you play on the 3 level of ball game :(

Hey! Just a reminder -- sidebasketing got fixed with our recent title update! Huzzah!

is not fixed, its not easy than the other time but you can take the score, if you jump on the top of the cloud and press ( Y ), the ball get in but if you stay en the coud they cant do the glitch, and i found and other glitch, you can get the score if you explote down of the basket its visible when you play on the 3 level of ball game :(

Hey Rub -- I think I know what you're talking about.

Is the ball actually going THROUGH the net, or are you just dunking from the side and above (ball is above the net)? Dunks from the side where the ball is ABOVE the net are A-OK, and intended.

If the ball is appearing to magically go THROUGH the net on the side, that's bad. 

Is the ball actually going THROUGH the net, or are you just dunking from the side and above (ball is above the net)? Dunks from the side where the ball is ABOVE the net are A-OK, and intended.

If the ball is appearing to magically go THROUGH the net on the side, that's bad. 

i think its the same, the diference its when he put ( Y ) on the end of the cloud he only drop the ball and when you stay on th basket your feets make the ball get in tha basket, i never do a rage quit, but when the people do that, i do rage quit, and the other glitch if you explote exactly down of the basket the ball are teleports magically to the basket and you cant taked, its only 5 people know that, its too difficult to do on another maps but on the 3 you can see it clearly

So Lindsay Are you guys at the behemoth Working to fix the problem with campers?Or is that information not available to the Public? 

So Lindsay Are you guys at the behemoth Working to fix the problem with campers?Or is that information not available to the Public? 

Do you mean camping by standing right on the net? 

Coordinate with your teammate and push those fools off!!! Or fan or flame the bejeezus out of 'em!

Do you mean camping by standing right on the net? 

Coordinate with your teammate and push those fools off!!! 

Or just blow them up.

• Upvote 1