I want to get Destiny and I am really looking forward to it. I have been a Halo fan about as long as I have been a Castle Crashers fan.

But the question is... should I buy Halo 5 or Destiny? I probably can't afford both, considering the new Xbox and my Half Life crusade-in-progress.

Destiny, halo has been kinda going downhill with all the CoD-ish stuff added in. I just don't like it.

Actually bungie didn't make halo 4 if that's what you meant, but halo reach was CoD-ish, but also this is a whole new free roam game. So it would be hard to make a free roam like call of duty because it is obviously not a free roam.

Edit: looked back then understood that you we're answering the question thought you we're questioning destiny or something, my bad.

Edited by noblepeanut

Given that it's http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Week/en-us/News/News?aid=10832'>Bungie Day and all, there's new content for their game again. And unlike last year there's more than a 7 man ARG and starcharts.

Also for the sake of pupils can a mod please change the title to "Bungie"

Turkey that name url code doesn't work for me. What's up with that man?

Edited by T Diamond

This game looks exactly like Halo with slightly more gameplay mechanics.

Edited by Turkey

This game looks exactly like Halo with slightly more gameplay mechanics.

I think it looks a lot like Warhammer 40k actually. I mean Halo was already similar, but this games seems even closer to it.

I mean all Sci fi is a cliche of one another, but if I had to make a comparison I'd say it's only visually similar to Halo and given the team that's made it, it makes sense.

Edited by T Diamond

I'd argue it looks more like Borderlands than anything else really.

It's sci-fi-ish but you also have this rather backwards and rural country like plains and ruins and whatnot.

And the powers you get. Also the whole RPG-ing going on, though I do not know the extent to which the RPG aspects go.

I'd argue it looks more like Borderlands than anything else really.

It's sci-fi-ish but you also have this rather backwards and rural country like plains and ruins and whatnot.

And the powers you get. Also the whole RPG-ing going on, though I do not know the extent to which the RPG aspects go.

You mean SPACE MAGIC!?!

Welp, I preordered Destiny and I haven't seen anyone discuss it recently, so let's do just that.

It's gorgeous! The beta is wonderful! I have a legendary cape for my hunter and this epic gold and black legendary sash for my titan. You can look at my stats on bungie.net. Just search MeltedCow and explore my profile. Unfortunately, beta is down today and tomorrow for maintenance. But it starts back up on the 23rd, so yay!

I pre ordered on Amazon to get a free beta code, then just cancled my order 8-)

I'll tell you guys what I think about the game when the xbox beta starts. So far I hardly know a thing about it.

Can someone explain to me what's so special about Halo 5?

Are you calling Destiny Halo 5? You better be joking.

Partial joke, but honestly and unsarcastically, what's the difference between Bungie's new game Destiny and Bungie's old series Halo. It's obvious Destiny is heavily based off of Halo, aliens and futuristic setting. But yeah I guess it look fun, as fun as a shooter gets.

Free roam. A ton of weapons. Awesomeness. Plus, Destiny was to come before Halo, but the tech wasn't available back then.

Edited by MeltedCow

Partial joke, but honestly and unsarcastically, what's the difference between Bungie's new game Destiny and Bungie's old series Halo. It's obvious Destiny is heavily based off of Halo, aliens and futuristic setting. But yeah I guess it look fun, as fun as a shooter gets.

I'd say it's Borderlands with the Halo aesthetic and the Halo gameplay

And god forbid I love Halo. It's probably my favorite FPS series.

But of course I have to wait for the beta for Xbox One.

• Upvote 1

I'd say it's Borderlands with the Halo aesthetic and the Halo gameplay

And god forbid I love Halo. It's probably my favorite FPS series.

But of course I have to wait for the beta for Xbox One.

Eithere way, I love Halo and have never played Borderlands, so I'm all good.

Except for us people going to the midnight launch tomorrow.  And working the midnight launch tomorrow.  Destiny basically comes out tomorrow in my eyes.  And it's going to be a freaking long week of work.

Yep, one more day. Hype train, choo choo. I'll probably have to wait till the weekend unless my brother can pick it up, or if we need to go to Gamestop for some reason.

Yep, one more day. Hype train, choo choo. I'll probably have to wait till the weekend unless my brother can pick it up, or if we need to go to Gamestop for some reason.

Well if you pre-ordered it like me then Gamestop only holds onto the game for 48 hours. Was going to get the collectors edition, but they were sold out and I ain't buying it for double on EBay. Just got the regular.

Edited by HattyHattington.

Well if you pre-ordered it like me then Gamestop only holds onto the game for 48 hours. Was going to get the collectors edition, but they were sold out and I ain't buying it for double on EBay. Just got the regular.

Oh shoot really?