Zytten13

About To Buy Some Games... Suggestions Please

I'm going to buy a 2000 microsoft points card, I've been thinking of Dark Souls (I kinda like hard games, even more if it's an RPG) but I don't really know if I'll like it, there's no demo... and I'm not the kind of guy who watches gameplay videos and knows if it will like the game or not. 

Any suggestions about how to use 2000 mp, will be well received.

First, I'd recommend any Behemoth games you don't already have
FEZ or Braid if you like puzzle/adventure platformers, or you just want your mind blown repetitively
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine if you like stealth games or if you have any friends. At all.
Skullgirls if you like fighting games, or games with beautiful hand-drawn graphics
Super Meat Boy or N+ if you like really tough games, especially platformers
Spelunky if you like really tough rouge-likes, especially platformers
Trials Evolution if you want to traverse tricky obstacles on bikes
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game if you want a side-scrolling fighter like Castle Crashers

That's all I can think of... for now...

• Upvote 1

FEZ or Braid if you like puzzle/adventure platformers, or you just want your mind blown repetitively

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine if you like stealth games or if you have any friends. At all.

Skullgirls if you like fighting games, or games with beautiful hand-drawn graphics

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game if you want a side-scrolling fighter like Castle Crashers

Also, there's borderlands 1 or 2, limbo and maybe counter-strike.
  • Upvote 1

Limbo = yes, but Borderlands 1 or 2 for 2000 MS points? (Forgive me, I don't even know about Counter-Strike.)

Limbo = yes, but Borderlands 1 or 2 for 2000 MS points? (Forgive me, I don't even know about Counter-Strike.)
Dunno about all the prices. I also could say happy wars, but it can get a it bland after a while. I got it for free. Maybe minecraft.

A Game of Tennis - indie game. It's Pong.

Bastion- a ARPG like Secret of Mana. It's most excellent.

Bionic Commando Rearmed - an overhaul of the old NES classic.

Borderlands - first person looter, best played with friends

Braid - a physics based puzzle platformer. One of the games that first convinced me to get a 360, along with

Castle Crashers - A side-scrolling beat-em up. You probably already have this.

Castlevania: Symphony of the NIght - Classic sidescroller that co-birthed the term "Metroidvania" for exploration based platforming.

Dragon Age: Origins: I bought this the last time I got a points card and played through all the beginning stories. Good if you like BioWare RPGs.

Ecco the Dolphin- Another classic I picked up the other day, that I had played back in the day, but had a hankering to play again so I picked it up. 2D dolphin swimming light puzzle solving. Awesome music/atmosphere still. And now it has achievements!

Fallout 3/NV - 2 of my favorite games this gen. 1st person RPG ala Elder Scrolls but sci-fi post apocalyptia goodness instead.

Guardian Heroes - another sidescrolling beat 'em up like Castle Crashers.

Limbo - Physics based puzzle platformer with a black/white aesthetic. It drips with bleakness.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - classic Capcom fighter I bust this out once in a while still. I know there's 3 and origins but I don't have them, so I can't speak for them.

Puzzle Quest - gem matching puzzle game with rpg elements.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World - Sidescrolling beat 'em up like Castle Crashers, but it takes more notes from River City Ransom on the NES than anything else.

Shadow Complex - The next gen equivalent of Super Metroid/Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Secret of Monkey Island - HD remake of a beautiful and funny point and click adventure game.

The Cave - I loved the Cave. Some critics derided some aspect of its level design, but I still thought it was worth $15.

The Walking Dead - TellTale's narrative driven take on The Walking Dead.

Those are all the games I've spent money on so far on XBLA. I think they were all worth it. Your Mileage May Very. If anyone has any suggestions for me as to what to get next, I'd welcome them. Oh, and I also have Battleblock Theater. Which is, of course, great. Oh, and I also have D&D Daggerdale, but I wouldn't recommend it...

Edited by quantumsaint
  • Upvote 1

A Game of Tennis - indie game. It's Pong.

Bastion- a ARPG like Secret of Mana. It's most excellent.

Bionic Commando Rearmed - an overhaul of the old NES classic.

Borderlands - first person looter, best played with friends

Braid - a physics based puzzle platformer. One of the games that first convinced me to get a 360, along with

Castle Crashers - A side-scrolling beat-em up. You probably already have this.

Castlevania: Symphony of the NIght - Classic sidescroller that co-birthed the term "Metroidvania" for exploration based platforming.

Dragon Age: Origins: I bought this the last time I got a points card and played through all the beginning stories. Good if you like BioWare RPGs.

Ecco the Dolphin- Another classic I picked up the other day, that I had played back in the day, but had a hankering to play again so I picked it up. 2D dolphin swimming light puzzle solving. Awesome music/atmosphere still. And now it has achievements!

Fallout 3/NV - 2 of my favorite games this gen. 1st person RPG ala Elder Scrolls but sci-fi post apocalyptia goodness instead.

Guardian Heroes - another sidescrolling beat 'em up like Castle Crashers.

Limbo - Physics based puzzle platformer with a black/white aesthetic. It drips with bleakness.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - classic Capcom fighter I bust this out once in a while still. I know there's 3 and origins but I don't have them, so I can't speak for them.

Puzzle Quest - gem matching puzzle game with rpg elements.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World - Sidescrolling beat 'em up like Castle Crashers, but it takes more notes from River City Ransom on the NES than anything else.

Shadow Complex - The next gen equivalent of Super Metroid/Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Secret of Monkey Island - HD remake of a beautiful and funny point and click adventure game.

The Cave - I loved the Cave. Some critics derided some aspect of its level design, but I still thought it was worth $15.

The Walking Dead - TellTale's narrative driven take on The Walking Dead.

Those are all the games I've spent money on so far on XBLA. I think they were all worth it. Your Mileage May Very. If anyone has any suggestions for me as to what to get next, I'd welcome them. Oh, and I also have Battleblock Theater. Which is, of course, great. Oh, and I also have D&D Daggerdale, but I wouldn't recommend it...

This is a good list right here.
  • Upvote 1

Why does NOBODY ever  recommend Cthulu Saves The World?  320MSP and it's an amazing JRPG.

Didn't think about it. I should write it down somewhere...

Why does NOBODY ever  recommend Cthulu Saves The World?  320MSP and it's an amazing JRPG.

If it's an indie, forget about it because Mexico doesn't have an Indie Marketplace.

Super Meat Boy and The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom.

Super Meat Boy is one of the best modern platformers to exist, and Winterbottom is a really underrated puzzle game that's full of atmosphere and originality. I enjoy Winterbottom more than Meat Boy, but that's just my preference.

EDIT: P.B. Winterbottom also has a fantastic soundtrack.

Edited by Turkey
  • Upvote 2

I never cared much for the combat system in that or Breath of Death VII