Zytten13

Nintendo Announces Global Collaboration With Sega For "sonic Lost World"

s125.jpg

Yeah, you heard it. Nintendo is collaborating with SEGA on Sonic Lost World, the trademark registred by SEGA a few days ago. 

The game, which was presented on today's Nintendo Direct, is being developed for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Satoru Iwata has revealed that we will have new details about it before the E3. The only detail given about it today was the picture you can see above.

I'll inform you of every single piece of info on this game.

By the way, I have noticed that the classic Tails' Tornado is in the pic, which means we will probably have a more classic Sonic world (with jungles, hills, caves, seas, and not cities) than in the last games. 

Do you remember the perturbing Sonic CD weird picture in the archives? 

mqdefault.jpg

As an user quoted this image in another forum:

SEGA e (indescifrable) unidos infinitamente, Llegarán a darte el mejor entretenimiento y diversión a tu mente.

El nuevo milenio.

or

SEGA and (unintelligible) infinitely united, they will come and give you the best entertainment and fun for your mind.

The new millenium.

What do you think about this?

Edited by Zytten13
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Nintendo can help them recover some of that Sega/Sonic magic of old. And if there's one thing Nintendo knows well, it's platformers. I say this is a good move by both companies.

s125.jpg

By the way, I have noticed that the classic Tails' Tornado is in the pic, which means we will probably have a more classic Sonic world (with jungles, hills, caves, seas, and not cities) than in the last games. 

Sonic Unleashed had the Tornado I in that game too.

That picture looks good, but let's hope it's not as bad-ish as the recent ones because the controls were awkward.

That picture looks good, but let's hope it's not as bad-ish as the recent ones because the controls were awkward.

Did you play Generations? That game was awesome. Easily the best Sonic game of the past decade

Also this:

Does this mean we can expect a higher standard of quality with Lost World? Generations was awesome, but it did have a few camera glitches and occasional framerate issues

Does this also mean the game will have more content than Generations?

Its too early to make assumptions, but we live in hope

Did you play Generations? That game was awesome. Easily the best Sonic game of the past decade

Also this:

Does this mean we can expect a higher standard of quality with Lost World? Generations was awesome, but it did have a few camera glitches and occasional framerate issues

Does this also mean the game will have more content than Generations?

Its too early to make assumptions, but we live in hope

Let's see if SEGA knows how to develop on the Wii U, because no other company seems to know.

Any new Sonic game will have more content than Generations (I think). It's one of the shortest Sonic games. 

Quite excited, I have no new Sonic games to play or Wii U games to play, so this here is a double whammy.

My #1 hope for this game is that it has other playable characters in it that are actually fun to play as. Assuming we're still using Unleashed gameplay, it'd be cool if we got characters that all played the same with only slight differences, though it would be interesting if they tried the Adventure formula again (not that they should, Unleashed gameplay has finally been perfected and Adventure's style doesn't hold up when replaying any of the 5 games it was feature in.

You know... suddenly I'm feeling really excited about a Sonic game. Part of me thinks it's voodoo magic from Gamefemale, I mean it's been quite a while since I've been enthusiastic about anything that came from Sega. Can't wait to hear more!

• Upvote 1

You know... suddenly I'm feeling really excited about a Sonic game. Part of me thinks it's voodoo magic from Gamefemale, I mean it's been quite a while since I've been enthusiastic about anything that came from Sega. Can't wait to hear more!

Well this Sonic game is different, wheres Sonic Colours was just a Nintendo exclusive, this is actually a partnership with Nintendo, so their balloon is on the line, and everything Nintnendo touches turns to gold eventually, so you're right to get excited.

• Upvote 1

This should be good, if Nintendo's helping. Kind of hoping for a Sonic Colors 2 though  :-P

OMG! Sonic games may have released on Nintendo systems throughout the years, but I never actually thought that Sega and Nintendo would actually pair up to make Sonic games until now! Now I'm gonna have to get a Wii U, but I need a new tv first. I can't afford to miss the next 3 Sonic games!

OMG! Sonic games may have released on Nintendo systems throughout the years, but I never actually thought that Sega and Nintendo would actually pair up to make Sonic games until now! Now I'm gonna have to get a Wii U, but I need a new tv first. I can't afford to miss the next 3 Sonic games!

Here you go. http://dumbrunningsonic.tumblr.com/
  • Upvote 1

Rumour has it that the third game in the trio is a crossover between Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart

Rumour has it that the third game in the trio is a crossover between Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart

I heard that one too. The second game is Mario and Sonic 2014 Winter Games right?

That would actually be cool.
  • Upvote 1

I can't justify the price point for a Wii U yet, sadly.  I think if the deluxe one goes down to like two-hundred and fifty bucks, I might get one, then.  Even going down to three-hundred, I'd maybe think about getting one.  It's just that, until they get better games on there, I really wouldn't have a use for one.  So it'd be an expensive decoration, really.  If more good sounding games like these come to Wii U, I might be more inclined to change my views.

I can't justify the price point for a Wii U yet, sadly.  I think if the deluxe one goes down to like two-hundred and fifty bucks, I might get one, then.  Even going down to three-hundred, I'd maybe think about getting one.  It's just that, until they get better games on there, I really wouldn't have a use for one.  So it'd be an expensive decoration, really.  If more good sounding games like these come to Wii U, I might be more inclined to change my views.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

My god!

How long did you wait to buy a PS3?

My god!

Ummm...just got mine the day after my eighteenth birthday.  So, this last July.

My god!

Ummm...just got mine the day after my eighteenth birthday.  So, this last July.

Wii U being $400 at launch is VERY reasonable looking at other console's launches, soecifically the PS3... $600