Sign in to follow this  
Enosdarom

Special Head Gone

Hi Community,

Today when I played Battleblock Theater I noticed, that one of my special head is gone. I'm sure that I had the Special Prisoner Winston because I did it together with my brother and selected the new head for a short time.

I have not gave him away so where he is?
Someone has the same problem?

Moving this one to the technical issues forum. 

We've heard some reports this is happening to a few folks, and are looking into potential causes now. 

When you say you selected the new head for a short time, does this mean that you had played with Winston in two or more separate sessions (for example: you earned the head, quit the game, then logged back in the next day and played with him), or only one session? 

Thanks in advance for your help, and apologies this happened to you! To ease your mind a bit while we work this out, we do plan on re-releasing special Prisoners from the vault at a later date, as per our DevBlog post:

For those of you who didn’t catch Winston, Donuts, Furbottom, etc., the prisoners will be going back into the vault (poor things are trapped in a prison within a prison) but they’ll be back someday for another visit to the outside world. Just stick around and keep following our blog, Facebook pages or Twitter to find out the unlocks!

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2013/05/03/battleblock-theater-ff-unlock-toast/

We've heard some reports this is happening to a few folks, and are looking into potential causes now. 

When you say you selected the new head for a short time, does this mean that you had played with Winston in two or more separate sessions (for example: you earned the head, quit the game, then logged back in the next day and played with him), or only one session? 

Thanks in advance for your help, and apologies this happened to you! To ease your mind a bit while we work this out, we do plan on re-releasing special Prisoners from the vault at a later date, as per our DevBlog post:

For those of you who didn’t catch Winston, Donuts, Furbottom, etc., the prisoners will be going back into the vault (poor things are trapped in a prison within a prison) but they’ll be back someday for another visit to the outside world. Just stick around and keep following our blog, Facebook pages or Twitter to find out the unlocks!

Honestly, if I had missed one of the heads, it seems like the easiest way for me to get one since no one will trade is to pretend that it magically dissapeared.

Honestly, if I had missed one of the heads, it seems like the easiest way for me to get one since no one will trade is to pretend that it magically dissapeared.

People who fib in the Technical Issues forum will get coal in their stockings from the QA Fairy, this year. O_o;;; 

I believe you, Enosdaram!!!!

Yes I played together with my brother two levels after we unlocked Winston and yesterday I checked the Special-Prisoner-List on battlepedia and saw that he is gone :(

Thank you that you have believe in me. :-)

Huh, I never though about lying for a star-head before. Almost no one would fall for it, and I would never attempt to do it, but I can definitely see someone else trying to.

Yes I played together with my brother two levels after we unlocked Winston and yesterday I checked the Special-Prisoner-List on battlepedia and saw that he is gone :(

Thank you that you have believe in me. :-)

Just clarifying -- so it sounds like you unlocked Winston, played two levels, then quit the game? 

Have you played with Winston at all since you earned him? Or did you just unlock him and quit out, and then not check for or play with him again since? When you quit out, did you quit to the Main Menu first, or quit the game/switch to another game right from the level? 

I ask because I am trying to figure out whether your game had a chance to autosave after you earned the Prisoner. You may have earned him, then quit out before the game had a chance to save. I would know he had saved if you have played with Winston on at least two separate times you played the game (you played with Winston, quit and took a break for a day or two, then played with Winston again). 

Thanks again!

When I got Winston I played two games so yes I played Winston. After this I went back to the main menu.

As I know it should then save all my data if you go back to the title screen
Then I changed my head in the next Xbox Live Co-op Game and never took Winston again but while I change my head he was still there. And now 20 days later as I checked the Special Prisoner-List I couldn't find him anymore.

Today I have seen that my brother still got Winston but me not. :(

Edited by Enosdarom