Mr. Hatty

Zane Plays: Games For The Behemoth Community! (On Youtube)

Ooh yeah, I suppose it's worth mentioNing here that my laptop broke, so all the Videos I recorded are gone until I can get it fixed (damn, de ja vu much?), so anyway yeah, go watch DYP or SilverGhoul because my content is at a halt aside from maybe some second-long footage of stuff.

I made an update video dealing with this but sadly my mobile phone is not equipped for YouTube links so for the one of you who cares go look it up yourself.

Bonus: I have 64 subs, awesome number that represents a golden era of gaming.... Or maybe more accurately a Yen era of gaming , meaning it used to be worth a lot but now it doesn't really hold up.

And since this post will pretty much mark my leave from the forums for probably quite awhile, I'd just like to say that you guys rock, this place proves that there is compassion on the internet to some capacity and I will cherish these digital memories, and I'll miss you all while I'm not here. Plus, playing BBT with James and Super Mario Sunshine with SG are some of my funnest gaming experiences ever, and for that I thank these forums for making that possible.

TL;DR: Bye I'm leaving

Hurry back, I'm going to miss you.

Grand Thread Revival!

Pikmin 3 came out today, so I created a new series called Launch Day, where I play new games.... on..... launch,,,, day... yeah...

ENJOY!

Was playing CoD, found annoying people, decided to record:

Enjoy

You should change the title to Why you should stay away from the internet in general, because let's face it there's a lot of that on here.

I did enjoy the video though. Reminds me of days playing Halo on LIVE. And it's even better because of the awesome music of choice. (Living vacuums racing around on flying stars is the best concept ever)

Edited by T Diamond
  • Upvote 1

first of all dafaq,dat music. and second the voice that says what you are doing kinda sounds like snake oo

You mean my voice at the end? That's interesting, never thought I sounded like David Hayter, but I do have a tendency to walk into rooms and yell "METAL GEAR" and "GREY FOX!?" at the least appropriate of times.

& in case you were wondering, the music from the video is (in order)

Item Bounce - Kirby Air Ride

Checker Knights - Kirby Air Ride

Gritzy Desert - Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time

I wasn't going to post it here because idk, but I feel like this post feels weird without a video, so here is me fighting Joybuzzer64, or as you all probably know him, GoldenGhost.

The sound settings in this video are strange because I changed them around a couple days a go and never put them back....my bad

i actually ment that guy who says things like" search and destroy" or " good job! get rdy for the next round " oo"...

Oh! haha, thanks for the clarity, though my secret dreams of growing up to be Solid Snake have now been eternally crushed

• Upvote 2

So I have decided that the channel will be distancing itself from Let's Plays for awhile, it will still be gaming centric, with things such as

Launch Day - First 30 minutes of a game the day it comes out

Reviews - Self Explanatory

MightyCast - Podcast-esque things where I talk with people about video games 

Zane Plays - the same as it's been, except more so a highlight reel than a straight 30min like previous episodes

Retro Rewind - Pretty much Zane Plays but older games and such, ya 'know you old whippersnappers with your EarthBounds and your Crash Bandicoots

So yeah, changes coming, playthroughs will stillexist, just sporadically, at the moment daily uploads are no longer the case, as a schedule is yet to be decided, while I figure all this stuff out though I have a few smaller scale videos to pass the time.

So without further ado, 

Zane Plays: Left 4 Dead 2

ft. my best friend Hunter

EDIT: Also, if ya'll haven't noticed, 80% of my effort atm is going towards Chuckola, so my main energy will be focused there for awhile

EDIT 2: My favorite part of this video is 35:00 onwards, so if you really don't want to watch the whole thing please at least watch that

Edited by Mr. Hatty

It seems that Zane is moving up in the Youtube ranks, will Pocket and Grant be able to catch up?! Congrats Zane for extending your field of usefulness.

If I remember correctly, OG Hatty already had a considerable lead above Pocket and Grant. I think he's going to have lead, and keep it forever.

Finally finished my first review

For those JonTron fans out there, I can now say from personal experience that making review videos is hell and takes forever, so stop complaining that he takes forever, IT'S JUSTIFIED DAMMIT

Anyway, here it is, 

Dead Rising - The Mighty Review

*All footage was taken from the ChuckolaComms playthrough of Dead RIsing, which was recorded by Yours Truly*

• Upvote 1

Finally finished my first review

For those JonTron fans out there, I can now say from personal experience that making review videos is hell and takes forever, so stop complaining that he takes forever, IT'S JUSTIFIED DAMMIT

That still won't stop the annoying fans to expect a video every week or so. They think that youtubers don't have lives of their own.

It sounds like you're trying to make your voice really sexy (at least to me)

And out of curiosity, what makes it so time consuming for you? The longest thing should be recording clips and if you do your work in pre, it shouldn't take that long (not insulting, just generally curious)

And out of curiosity, what makes it so time consuming for you? The longest thing should be recording clips and if you do your work in pre, it shouldn't take that long (not insulting, just generally curious)

You filthy casual!

Let's put it this way: watch my Organ Trail videos I've done for Chuckola.  Say it's a ten minute episode.  The minimal editing I put into a ten minute video takes about and hour or so.  Editing just isn't as easy as it sounds.  You have to be accurate, or else something will get screwed up somewhere.  Anyone can throw audio on a video, but it takes time and effort to actually sync things up to work with each other at the right time.

That's a good question

Before I get to it though, yes I was trying to make my voice sound different, not necessarily sexy, but different. I wasn't too happy with the way it turned out, specifically the way I say "Dead Rising" in the first sentence, it irks me every time I hear it, but by the end I didn't feel like going through the effort to re-record that section.

Anyway, to the main question: Many moving factors, first I have to play through the entire game so it's fresh in my head, recording as much as I can to have footage to use in the video itself (though I took out two birds with one stone on this one, figured I'd just record the entire thing for Chuckola while I played for review), then I have to write the script from scratch, which in itself is way harder than it sounds.

Once the first paragraph the rest just came to me easily, but even still with all the edits and revision it took me a few days to get it to a point I felt comfortable with (which I still regret not taking longer, I left out so many vital points about the game, such as the level up system)

Then I have to record my audio, which takes from a few minutes to a few hours, because I redo the recordings if I think it sounds too much like I'm reading or if a stutter happens etc.

Then, footage has to be edited together in conjunction with the audio so it fits what I'm taking about, and since I'm pulling 5 second long clips from an assortment of 42 different 16 minute videos, this is the main part that takes pretty much an entire day, WMM not helping anything either.

Each of the 42 clips takes 5-10 minutes to load into WMM, plus 16x20 minutes spent watching every clip to see if it has the footage I need, then 6 or so minutes spent cutting the clips into a manner that fits the video, 14 minutes, give or take a multiple of 7, spent watching the entire video multiple times to see if it all fits and whether or not the the narration/bg music/footage audio balances correctly, and a couple more minutes of making minuscule edits, 20 minutes or less for processing, and other things I'm forgetting at the moment, but that's mostly what takes so long.

And then there's uploading to YouTube and all that jazz, but that takes no time at all so it isn't worth complaining about.

----------------------------------------

Unrelated:

Not sure if I had said this in regards to my channel or not, but I am in Florida, I have been for about 5 days, and I was supposed to take a flight home today to make more videos, though my vacation just received a 5 day extension, so I will not fly home until Thursday, which ruins my plans for a couple of videos, most notably "Launch Day: The Bureau"

Anyway, daily uploads will be returning the week after my return, and there will actually be a schedule, until I stop being able to stick with it I guess, as opposed to before where it was daily whatever.

Planned Schedule (starting next Monday):

Monday: Viva Pinata & Pikmin 3 playthrough

Tuesday: Zane Plays or Launch Day & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

Wednesday: Retro Rewind & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

Thursday: Viva Pinata & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

Friday: ????? & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

Saturday: Zane Plays & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

Sunday: Zane Plays or Launch Day & Pikmin 3 Playthrough

A couple notes, yes this means there will be 2 uploads per day, the first being dependent on the day and the second always being Pikmin 3, until that game is finished, and then it will be replaced by another game.

My Viva Pinata series (working title) will be uploaded every Monday and Thursday, it will be pretty casual and just a relaxing 15-30min experience, may be replaced by something else in the future

Launch Day will be uploaded on Tuesdays (When most games launch) and Sundays (when Nintendo games launch), but if I did not purchase a game on that Tuesday or Thursday then Zane Plays will be uploaded instead.

Zane Plays, aside from being back up on Tuesdays and Sundays, will air every Saturday, the game being different each time.

Retro Rewind will be every Wednesday, and pretty much be Zane Plays except featuring "classic" or "older" games and more than likely be longer videos.

Fridays will kind of just be whatever I feel like uploading that day. The fate of MightyCast, the podcast-type show I was planning, are up in the air right now, if things with that start to work out then those will start being uploaded on Fridays instead of it just being a random day.

So yes, that is the new schedule, hopefully ya'll are cool with 2 vids a day, I just feel like I can get more done this way, because while I want to get further away from a Let's Play centric channel, I do still have certain games I'd like to play through entirely, and this is the way to go in my mind.

Any suggestions/gripes/opinions on the new schedule? please share

Also, I'm coming up on 100 subs, which is exciting, any ideas on anything I should do when that occurs?

I just ate some good creamy mushroom soup, also I bought Disney Infinity, here is me unboxing it:

The beginning of it is a still picture because I had the camera pointed up at my face instead of the box, and I was like... ew

So yeah, I also pre-ordered Rayman Legends, so look forward to more of that

Viva Pinata -Episode 1

Two things to note 

1) I was half asleep when I made this

2) I accidentally hit the switch on my cable that records in SD instead of HD, so a lot of my forthcoming videos will look worse than usual, but after that expect HD recordings to resume....

Enjoy?

How's that Disney game by the way?

It is fantastic, full of charm. So far I've only played The Lone Ranger, but I can tell I'm already going to be spending all my money on the rest of the figures. I'm debating whether or not to make videos of the gameplay, but for now I'm just enjoying riding around Texas throwing tomahawks at cowboys and buying elephants for my toy chest.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who calls themselves a Disney fan.

SO! It's time for another Launch Day! What long delayed console game with an emphasis on co-op and fantastic visuals came out today?

Why, Diablo III for consoles, of course!

...sorry, couldn't type that with a straight face, Rayman Legends is the real hero today! Check out my gameplay video of the first 30 minutes! It's good, REALLY good!

*All footage is taken from the Wii U version of the game, experience may differ on other consoles*

Edited by Mr. Hatty

Wonderful 101 Demo gameplay, this was recorded awhile ago, so.... sorry? I guess?

Heads up though, not quite sure what I'll be doing in the future here, I've learned that it isn't smart for me to say "this is then and this is then" because, let's face it, I have yet to consistently do anything, so yeah, Pikmin 3 could still happen, but probably not, more likely than not I'll end up playing it for Chuckola, I am so much more relaxed when recording for that channel than when I worry about live commentary.

That being said, the following has been recorded and WILL show up eventually or it's already up:

Zane Plays: Payday 2

Zane Plays: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Several episodes of Viva Pinata: TIP

Zane Plays: The Wonderful 101 Demo

Zane Plays: Kirby Air Ride*

RACE! Super Mario Sunshine vs JoyBuzzer64*

Zane Plays: Borderlands 2 w/FPC & Joybuzzer64*

BBT stuff from forever ago*

More Deadly Premonition Episodes*

More REvelations Episodes*

Other stuff I don't remember

* = this one was before my laptop broke, so expect it maybe never

Also, Let's Play Deadly Premonition & REvelations are both cancelled because reasons, and I recorded and fully edited "Why You Shouldn't Play CoD: Black Ops II Part Deux" but I ended up scrapping it right before uploading because I didn't think it was funny enough, just thought ya should know.... anyway yeah, expect more videos daily, as per us' but that may stop again in my efforts to make Chuckola thrive