Vinchenzo

Box Art

So I noticed some box art from different versions of games, but why do foreign countries outside of america get all the cool box art? I mean just look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Castlevania_Lords_of_Shadow.png

I have only played a couple castlevania games, and this European box art has me drawn to the game. America wtf is up with your not so cool box art?

That is pretty cool. I find it that since they're selling in america, they are marking towards american gamers, and it comes across that american gamers just like box art that is black and says COD.

• Upvote 1

That is pretty cool. I find it that since they're selling in america, they are marking towards american gamers, and it comes across that american gamers just like box art that is black and says COD.

Well that sucks big time lol, I mean yeah sure you don't look at the box are for a very long time but still, it's still nice to look at occasionally and know someone had fun making that box art, or was just looking forward to their paycheck lol

I stare at the box art for long periods of time, examining the detail to soak in the cool art, and then play the game for a couple hours, but i agree that some places have much cooler box art than in America....

Since we're talking about box arts outside of the US, let me make one case for kirby.

box-art-battles-the-kirby-series-2011090

Yeah see! Kirby looks alot more happier in other versions of any Kirby game besides north american versions, Y so serious Kirby

OFF TOPIC: SOLID SNAKE AVATAR YESSSSSSS I still have to buy the HD collection.. crap...   :?

Since we're talking about box art of Nintendo games:

Golden%2BEye%2B007%2B-%2BIf%2BYou%2BSee%

NOOO I CAN'T UNSEE D; 

Edited by Vinchenzo

Although not a classic this one also needs to be mentioned:

bac_goty.jpg

On a side note, I hate when box art includes things like reviews and "included DLC".  It just looks tacky and ruins the design.

My favourite box art of all my 360 games has to be this:

_-Guilty-Gear-2-Overture-Xbox-360-_.jpg

Shame the gameplay is a little...odd. It does have some brilliant boss fights, though

Honestly, the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate box art is pretty epic compared to other box arts I've seen

monster_hunter3_ultimate_box.jpg

Of course you show the WiiU box art, after previously declaring you chose the 3DS version  :-P Just an observation. Also I hear that's a really fun game, I'm planning on getting it... for WiiU.

Honestly, the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate box art is pretty epic compared to other box arts I've seen

monster_hunter3_ultimate_box.jpg

Of course you show the WiiU box art, after previously declaring you chose the 3DS version  :-P Just an observation. Also I hear that's a really fun game, I'm planning on getting it... for WiiU.

I like the dimensions of the Wii U box art better because it's a normal sized picture, then.  It just looks nicer.

box-art-battles-20120201002213288.jpg

I have the European version of this box art on a poster  :-D 

(although I don't actually own the game. My younger brother does, though, and I shall be playing it through once I return home for the summer)

6dxavazv.jpg
found this somewhere else and thought: oh there was this thread letz post the pic !

Edited by shotoro
  • Upvote 2

6dxavazv.jpg

found this somewhere else and thought: oh there was this thread letz post the pic !

WOW that's such a massive difference in cover art between america and foreign countries! I wish we had cool box art like that! 

You can't beat Toriyama's work on the DragonQuest series. My favourite is probably DragonQuest VIII, in particular. I've never looked at the different box-arts 'till now, though. Have to say I prefer the EU version myself. There's a lot more of the original artwork on show. The US version looks a little cramped. They're both pretty great, though:

Untitled-1_zpsc6c7d559.png

And here's the original artwork, if anybody wanted it

dq8-boxart.jpg

• Upvote 1

You can't beat Toriyama's work on the DragonQuest series. My favourite is probably DragonQuest VIII, in particular. I've never looked at the different box-arts 'till now, though. Have to say I prefer the EU version myself. There's a lot more of the original artwork on show. The US version looks a little cramped. They're both pretty great, though:

Untitled-1_zpsc6c7d559.png

And here's the original artwork, if anybody wanted it

dq8-boxart.jpg

The spoiler link is broken D: and yeah I have to agree that the EU version looks better simply because the NA version seems washed out a bit, not as vibrant. This is the first dragon quest game I played and it's my absolute favorite of them all. :) really biased I know lol

The spoiler link is broken D: and yeah I have to agree that the EU version looks better simply because the NA version seems washed out a bit, not as vibrant. This is the first dragon quest game I played and it's my absolute favorite of them all. :) really biased I know lol

Try this one. Its my new phone background  :-) 

cjc_zps496d4628.jpg

Try this one. Its my new phone background  :-) 

cjc_zps496d4628.jpg

works great! :D related to DQ8, do you know if there is going to me a remake for the game on another console?

Since we're talking about box arts outside of the US, let me make one case for kirby.

box-art-battles-the-kirby-series-2011090

Bumping this up, because I just found this:

boxart_zps3013d60f.png

I don't really have anything to say about it. It just reminded me of Kirby's box-art; how the main character is always made to look angrier for the western market

• Upvote 1