Bloob

Xbox One

Hate the name, doesn't matter though because I'll just call it "Xbox" anyway. Besides that I love everything besides the remote. Why would you put the Home button up in the middle? :L

Really dissapointing... I mean, they ask you for a fee for used games, no retrocompatibility, and looks more like a Tivo box. It's a gaming console Microsoft... FOCUS ALREADY!!

I think I'll go for a Wii U and a gaming PC this generation.

Edited by Zytten13
  • Upvote 2

Really dissapointing... I mean, they ask you for a fee for used games, no retrocompatibility, and looks more like a Tivo box. It's a gaming console Microsoft... FOCUS ALREADY!!

I think I'll go for a Wii U and a gaming PC this generation.

The used game fee isn't confirmed yet. Though it's likely to exist, all reports about it have come from a single article on Wired without any outside confirmation.

I have my PC, and my old 2009 XBOX arcade can still play games well. Despite its 12gb harddrive being full. Had to delete assassins creed to install battleblocktheater. That's how much BBT means to me :P

I like the box and controller. I don't really like the name, but eventually that won't matter so much. I wasn't really impressed or rather didn't care for any of the games they showed off. I did like the look of the OS. And the Halo show could be cool.

The fact the new Kinect is ALWAYS listening AND connected to the internet is worrying

• Upvote 2

Maybe, just maybe, the xbox one is the new prequel for the 360. They'll downgrade a couple of 360 features and retcon the original xbox's existence.

The fact the new Kinect is ALWAYS listening AND connected to the internet is worrying

*gasp* that means it will watch the people who play video games naked! And one wrong press will stream it on facebook.

*gasp* that means it will watch the people who play video games naked! And one wrong press will stream it on facebook.

Why do I suddenly come up with so many ways to abuse this feature.

No but I think this might also be misused as some kind of "big brother" thing. You know, the "always watching you" thing. Basically you'll be monitored by microsoft. Conspiracy theories, commence!

Why do I suddenly come up with so many ways to abuse this feature.

No but I think this might also be misused as some kind of "big brother" thing. You know, the "always watching you" thing. Basically you'll be monitored by microsoft. Conspiracy theories, commence!

Conspiracy #1: http://imgflip.com/i/1lmjb

I love people that ACTUALLY believe they're being watched by Microsoft.  Do you realize how many people there would have to be to watch every single Kinect out there?  And for what purpose?  It's ridiculous nonsense.

I love people that ACTUALLY believe they're being watched by Microsoft.  Do you realize how many people there would have to be to watch every single Kinect out there?  And for what purpose?  It's ridiculous nonsense.

Says the undercover CIA agent.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the console will sell good, but my god, they're playing with fire with all the stuff they're doing about it. The arcade games, the pre owned games, the online stuff...

I'm just gonna get a PC and a Wii U. I've played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for a good long 5 hours at my friends' house. That game has to be one of the Wii U's greatest so far.

Edited by Turkey

Hate the name, Kinect is still a gimmick, the dashboard appears as bad as ever, the controller is fine -except for the top (still better than the boomerang). I don't plan on getting any console this generation but I think this is exactly what everyone wants, an upgraded 360. Hopefully it's not help by staples and paperclips again.

Looks interesting enough. I'm probably just gonna end up waiting to see the results before making any hasty generalizations about it. It seems like it has potential. And if you guys are really paranoid about the ever watchful kinect eye you could always just put a piece of paper or something over it when you're not using it. Doesn't do much for the microphone, but they won't be able to HEAR if you're naked unless you say you are. XD Pretty unsure about this generation of consoles though. Last generation, I bought the 360 while all my friends got the PS3. Don't want to make that same mistake again because playing multiplayer games (like BBT or CC :D) with friends makes games all the more fun! :)

Edited by RahMilli

Its a little far-fetched, yes. I wouldn't go to the extreme, to say that Microsoft is 'always watching'

But I'm just saying that having the Xbox One Kinect 'listening' at all times, even having turned off the Xbox One console itself, is cause for concern

Hate the name, Kinect is still a gimmick, the dashboard appears as bad as ever, the controller is fine -except for the top (still better than the boomerang). I don't plan on getting any console this generation but I think this is exactly what everyone wants, an upgraded 360. Hopefully it's not help by staples and paperclips again.

Referring to the original PS3 controller?  You do realize that the design for that controller was actually perfect, right?  It was about the same size as the Dualshock 2/3 and the curvature of the controller was meant to fit the natural curvature and hand position for maximum comfort.  But since so many people are afraid of change, they ditched it.  Then people complain about the Dualshock 3 being uncomfortable.  Go figure.

Speaking of controller design, I really hope that the D-Pad on the Xbox One (such a weird name) controller isn't complete garbage like the Xbox 360's was.  If they combined the D-Pad from the Dualshock 3 and the design of the Xbox 360 controller, it'd be a perfect controller, in my opinion.  I only like Xbox's controller more because I have long fingers, so my thumbs hit each other while using the Dualshock 3.

Eh, so far seems awful. Show me some exclusives and then I'll give it a chance. That being said, the controller and console itself have me in love design-wise. 

Its a little far-fetched, yes. I wouldn't go to the extreme, to say that Microsoft is 'always watching'

But I'm just saying that having the Xbox One Kinect 'listening' at all times, even having turned off the Xbox One console itself, is cause for concern

Oh is that what people are talking about? Yeah that's weird. Even if they don't record everything it hears, it's still creepy.

Oh and about the boomerang:

I actually did hold a model of it (or recreation or something) and it was really awkward for me use. Of course I didn't mind the the duke so I might just have weird hands.

Edited by T Diamond

I'm pretty unimpressed with the Xbox One; to me, it looks a lot like Xbox 360 with a few silly features added, and it makes you use the Kinect. I mean, no one wants to "have a relationship with their TV". I'm also just tired of paying for online capabilities. People whine about the look of the console and the controller, but I don't have problems with those. I'm almost certain that I'm gonna shift over to Sony this time around, unless Microsoft reveals some fantastic exclusives and some great new stuff at E3.

At first I didnt like the controller but when i had more of an in depth look i am really exited to use it , microsoft have said it is their best controller yet