Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hatty

E3 2013 Discussion And Speculation!

We're about two weeks away guys, Nintendo is gonna finally show all its system sellers, Sony is going to use this Xbox One negativity to its advantage and attempt to raise hype, and Microsoft is going to (atleast attempt to) redeem itself with the core gaming crowd after its TV focused presentation earlier this month!

Now, quickly, let's take a look at some E3 rumours and what to expect from the big 3

Xbox One

-Microsoft has 15 exclusive IPs on the way for Xbox One, we might see some of these here

-Rare is reviving a classic 64 era franchise, could this be the reason for the renewed Killer Instinct Trademark? Finally Banjo-Threeie? Only time will tell

-Can Kinect Two justify itself as being an "always-on" peripheral?

-Halo 5, it must be coming, will it stand up to the original trilogy and 343's previous Halo effort?

-Will we finally see some clarity on used games on Xbox One and finally put these rumours to rest?

That's all I've got for Microsoft, let's head to Sony

Playstation 4

-Sony is definitely in the best position of the big three, they'll surely show off the actual PS4 hardware for the first time

-New Infamous: Second Son details, will it become the PS4's system seller?

-Rumour has it that Sumo Digital is working on a LittleBigPlanet 3. These games have a huge following, we might hear something about it now

-Sony is looking good to the majority in the PS4 department, but a portion of time will surely be put aside to continue to (attempt to) justify PSmove and PSVita, two major flops so far

-Destiny: Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us will surely have new details, but are there any PS4 games Naughty Dog is cooking up? Insomniac just got done making Fuse, how about them?

-The functionality of the PS4 Controller's touchscreen will be shown, along with whether or not it actually innovates

-Will wonderbook return? Hopefully not, in my opinion

-Any more new IPs to get gamers excited for PS4? If so, expect them at E3

Now, for the Wii U, the one with the biggest plethora of rumours

Wii U

-Nintendo won't hold a presentation, but they will have several Nintendo Directs, any surprised?

-Retro's new game has been in development for a looong time. The most accepted rumour is that we're getting Prime 4 for Wii U. Will we get an apology for Metroid: Other M?

-Another Rumour is the addition of GCN games for Wii U virtual console

-We'll most likely see more of Mario & Luigi DT and LttP2, but other than that, it's safe to say that 3DS will sit most of E3 out, it needs no help at this point

-Zelda HD and Pikmin 3 will most likely be shown for a brief amount of time, with WWHD getting a release date.

-New 3D Mario will be a huge point, along with Sonic: Lost World

-We know of Sonic: LW and and new M&S, but Sega's partnership has one more game. Mario Kart U is confirmed to be shown, and rumour has it the final game in the partnership is a crossover between Mario Kart and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

-New Super Smash Bros! Expect a new trailer, for the Wii U version at least. Maybe we'll see how 3DS development is coming along, but expect Smash Bros to be a huge point in the direct.

-They probably have a few tricks up there sleeve as far as unexpected games. Star Fox? F-Zero? Talk around the water cooler is a new Wave Racer exclusively for Wii U.

-This is the year of Luigi, why haven't we seen more Luigi games? So far we know of 3 (New Super Luigi U,  Luigi's Mansion 2, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team), when will we see more? Wouldn't be unexpected to see some more Weegee games

That's most of what we know for now, anything ya'll hope for? Expect? Discuss below and etc.

I was intrigued by the new Mario Party, I'm hoping Nintendo shows a little more of that. The Nintendo stuff is what has me excited the most, especially stuff on Pikmin 3, SSB, Mario Kart, and just the possibility of a new Star Fox game. 3D Mario game is always good news too I suppose.

Only interested in Smash Bros, but there might be a few more things that catch my eye. I don't care about the other people's conferences.

I wanna hear from Bethesda and about the new adventure time game.

Also hoping they're gonna talk about red faction somewhere.

I want a fair amount of games: Pikmin 3, the new SSB, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker for WiiU, InFAMOUS: Second Son, Knack, Destiny & hopefully some new Ratchet and Clank games... 

Microsoft's conference just ended. Showed some impressive stuff, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 being the highlights. Will be $499 though, we'll see what the others do.

EDIT 1: EA conference starting now, I'll post everything they reveal for those not watching. Expecting PvZ Shooter, Mirror's Edge 2 and maybe Star Wars, but we'll see.

Calling the conference "The Download" noticeably claims only Xbox One and PS4 games, no Wii U

Hyping people up with Dragon Age....

First reveal, looks strange, Plants vs Zombies! It's Garden Warfare, looks funny and amusing, trailer doesn't look like gameplay, just CGI.

Official name is Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

It's third person, contrary to rumors stating it was first person.

SHowing another trailer

Now gameplay...

So it appears to be a horde mode/endless/survival type of gameplay, graphics are beautiful

Looks fun, but I don't get it's purpose

This overly enthuisastic guy said Peggle 2 is coming and then left

Now Titanfall, showing another trailer... UGH, it's one of those "behind the scenes" trailers that CoD does all the time

Announcing 2 new engines, Ignite and Frostbite 3... about to reveal new games that utilize them now

-STAR WARS!!!!!!! OH MU GOD!?!?!?! WHAT IS IT!>!>!>!>!<WLDQ:L<SFQLW<ef (SW teaser, only shows an AT-AT)

-Some new Need For Speed game, NFS: Rivals (Uses smartglass, all about how much police suck, they say. Had the guy from breaking bad who stars in the NFS movie on, says he likes game then leaves. Funny because in an episode of BB he is playing Sonic '06)

-New Dragon Age, bleck (Dragon Age III: Inquisition, trailer is REALLY boring, art direction reminds me of DOTA 2)

-Showing all of their sports series (Zero interesting things going on here)

-BF4

It's clear there is nothing better here, I'll update if there is a surprise or Mirror's Edge

Edited by Mr. Hatty

Popping in to give comments on EA's conference...because I'm waiting for the sports stuff to end

"PvZ Dungeon Defenders clone looks fun, but not up my alley"

"Peggle 2? wat?"

"Ugh. More TitanFail"

"AHHHHHHOMGWASTHATBATTLEFRONTIII?"

"Poop. NFS. Complete with NFS movie trailer. Great"

"NOBODY EXPECTS THE DRAGONAGE INQUISITION"

• Upvote 1

Right now I'm just ignore E3 and everything all together, unless someone announces something crazy like a remake for Battletoads or something. I might just buy a Wii U to play a Battletoads remake.

Edited by T Diamond
  • Upvote 1

Honestly the only thing that'll make me care is if they'll announce something crazy like a remake for Battletoads or something. I might just buy a Wii U to play a Battletoads remake.

That would blow SSB out of the water for sure.

Aisha Tyler had an unsteady start at the Ubisoft conference

But it has certainly picked up since then, with decent humor and great announcements throughout  :-)

#nagasakifart

I'm impressed with all three showings so far, highlights for me being

-Dead Rising 3

-Killer Instinct

-The Division

-The Crew

-South Park

-Sunset Overdrive

-Star Wars Battlefront

Surprised at the lack of Beyond Good & Evil 2

Good to see Sony get their 'other media' section out of the way early

Though it would be nice if they stopped teasing us with all these games haha

EDIT

AHHHH FFXIIIVERSUS IS FFXV AFTER ALL

And KH3 is in development

Have to say with these, and the slew of other great looking games that were shown off (Abe's Odyssey re-maaake), Sony definitely 'wins' day 1

EDIT2

Nevermind, that last half an hour Sony were just twisting the blade. Topped off with that price tag, I think the Xbone might be dead in the water  :-o

I'm not really looking forward to anything for E3, apart from whatever Nintendo has to offer. I just wait and see what comes up.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, though... I spent a good three minutes screaming at my computer "WHY, GOD, NO." I want to like it. I really do. But... I- I can't.

I haven't exactly been sold on getting a PS4 yet. I actually don't even have a PS3... but I... I want to play Octodad. ;n;

But yeah, not getting an Xbox One, oh no no no no no.

Microsoft getting humiliated by Sony was the most I could ask for on Day 1 of E3. Day 2 should be even better, with the Nintendo Direct that will show us what to look forward to on the Wii U!

After Microsoft hate dies down I wonder who will be next? I mean first it was Steam, then people got bored of complaining about that and started hating on Nintendo, then it was Sony, af EA, then Square Enix (which I for one never stopped laughing at) and now it's Microsoft.

00000jm.png

If this man represented Sony, then Microsoft better GET OUTTA TOWN to beautiful Sunny Shore resorts.

Edited by Zephyr
  • Upvote 1