megan

Official The Behemoth Fan Art Contest

[EDIT] Contest over. The winners have been announced!

Wow this was really, really tough. We had 48 entries this round and the mediums ranged from paintings, to animation, to clay figurines, etc. 

Out of those 48 we had to choose 5 winners amongst three judges. We just couldn't do it. But we were able to narrow it down to 6 Prize winners and a several honorable mentions. 

The 6 Prize Winners:
(Winners will be contacted directly either by PM or we will email the email address listed on the forum user account)

Eric's Honorable Mentions:

Anna's Honorable Mentions:

Megan's Honorable Mentions: 

Thank you to everyone for sharing such amazing work and also showing your love for our games. We're really happy to be able to do stuff like this and connect with the fans. Thanks for celebrating our 10 year anniversary with us!

Hey Y'all,

In celebration of The Behemoth's 10th Year Anniversary, we're putting together a fan art contest. We're giving away 5 keychains to our favorite five fan art submissions! Here are the rules:

• Entrants must live in the U.S.A. (Sorry international fans!! We're limiting to the U.S. due to shipping)
  • Your fan art can be a drawing, flash, animation, sculpture, food creation (such as a bento or cake). No cos-play for this contest.
  • Fan art must be related to The Behemoth games: Alien Hominid (including Super Soviet Missile Mastar or PDA Games), Castle Crashers, BattleBlock Theater.
  • Fan art submitted must be solely your own or a group submission.
  • Up to 2 fan art submissions per person.
  • Do not submit fan art that has won a prize in a previous fan art contest by The Behemoth.

Fan Art submissions must be posted in this thread by May 30th, 6PM PST. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.

5 winners will be chosen. Winners will be able to choose between an Alien Hominid keychain or metal Behemoth Chicken keychain.

behemothchickenkeychain.png

AlienHominidKeyChain.jpg

We'll announce the five chosen entries on Friday afternoon, May 31st. Winners must be okay with us posting the winning submission on different public sites under The Behemoth, such as the Facebook pages, Twitter, Google+ and/or development blog.

So what are you waiting for? Post your fan art below!! :D

Edited by megan
Adding announcement of winners to beginning of this first post

• Entrants must live in the U.S.A. (Sorry international fans!! We're limiting to the U.S. due to shipping)

Damn you shipping costs!

Anyway, isn't may 30th a bit too soon? I mean, that's not a lot of time.

You can submit previous fan art work as long as it did not win previously in another contest. 

Time is an abstract concept and a subjective one too. :) The best I can do is push the time to 6PM PST on May 30th.

Hey! I'm pretty new at this... so how do I put an image in this? I've tried pasting going into the "my media" and "image" sections but do far I'm not having any luck. Is there something special I have to do to get image in?

Why do you hate us?  :cry:

I should have read the conditions closer before getting carried away with excitement, I'd already sketched an entry before I saw that this was for US entries only :cry:

Megan, could you do a honorable mention or something, so they can submit their art too. We non-americans are feeling left out.

• Upvote 1

I should have read the conditions closer before getting carried away with excitement, I'd already sketched an entry before I saw that this was for US entries only :cry:

>> 

Megan, could you do a honorable mention or something, so they can submit their art too. We non-americans are feeling left out.

Absolutely! Please feel free to submit your fan art. We'd still love to see it but we won't be able to award a physical prize. 

However, if you do live outside of the U.S., please indicate that when you upload your fan art in this thread. Thank you. 

Hey Y'all,

In celebration of The Behemoth's 10th Year Anniversary, we're putting together a fan art contest. We're giving away 5 keychains to our favorite five fan art submissions! Here are the rules:

• Your fan art can be a drawing, flash, animation, sculpture, food creation (such as a bento or cake). No cos-play for this contest.
  • Fan art must be related to The Behemoth games: Alien Hominid (including Super Soviet Missile Mastar or PDA Games), Castle Crashers, BattleBlock Theater.
  • Do not submit fan art that has won a prize in a previous fan art contest by The Behemoth.

Fan Art submissions must be posted in this thread by May 30th, 6PM PST. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.

5 winners will be chosen. Winners will be able to choose between an Alien Hominid keychain or metal Behemoth Chicken keychain.

Does cos-play mean costumes?

No cos-play for this contest.

Yes, costumed role playing.

Hey Y'all,

Yup. We'll probably have a costume contest later in year. 

tumblr_mniy9exrYw1qjz5xro1_500.jpg

This is my first time doing this sort of thing, so I hope you like it! Say hi to Hatty kids!

Edited by megan
editing out the quote because it was an accident

Here come all of the new members that only post for contests and leave once it's over.  I'll think about joining in this one, if work allows it.  Considering I've lost, what, two contests now?  I think I'll give it another shot.

Here come all of the new members that only post for contests and leave once it's over.  I'll think about joining in this one, if work allows it.  Considering I've lost, what, two contests now?  I think I'll give it another shot.

It's all for the fun of things! 

Don't discourage new people from joining the forums. They all gotta start somewhere. :) 

>>> 

Absolutely! Please feel free to submit your fan art. We'd still love to see it but we won't be able to award a physical prize. 

However, if you do live outside of the U.S., please indicate that when you upload your fan art in this thread. Thank you. 

Oh, btw, our Thursday live Twitch stream will introduce our next contest and that one will be open to everyone including people outside of the U.S. 

Just a heads up ;)

Aw man this is so awesome, I've been doing quite a few Hatty drawings and made my own cospay, but I see I'll use that one for later. Anyways, I can't really quite figure out how to add an image but I hope linking to my entries on my DA account can suffice? Thanks, and good luck to everyone else. Happy 10 years Behemoth, you guys are great! :D

Entry #1: http://fav.me/d64xrje

Entry #2: http://fav.me/d60kaoy