BloodyKILLER15

Tips Or Advice For Ball Game?

All I can really do is Dunk and Hit. No i did not just get the game. been playing Ball game 24/7.

I just need tips avoiding players who weapon spam. Greneade spam, Boomerang spam, Frog spam.

It just gets annoying who just weapon spam all the time and I really don't use a weapon except my fists.

They stand on the goal and then start weapon spamming me or my teammate.

You need a good teammate to get them off. Hard to win without teamwork since they removed Side Basketing, so you need to be MLG Pro and make them chase you then hop over them score. Another option is just get a good teammate.

There's a lot to master in Ball game, for example knowing the exact spots in each map where shooting the ball from a standing position will get it in the basket. Also knowing the spots where a bounce from a spike will result in a basket. Plus knowing with to dunk, shoot, drop the ball or use the pass button instead of the shoot button when you're in the air.

As for weapons learning how to spike, kick, slide kick, uppercut and up-shove grenades is very helpful, as is learning to spike poison bubbles away. Same goes for mines, planes etc.

More than anything though is getting really good at the platforming controls. The air control lets you do pretty much anything you could possibly want to do, so once you can perfectly land on a guy's head so that you'll get the ball and then bounce on his head all the way to the goal is a great skill to learn. If you're really good at the controls then you'll be able to dodge things like crazy :D

Tip: If you press B to pass the ball to your teamate, and they score fast enough, you get 10 points. Also, suiciding with the fireball is a good way to clear the basket

Edited by TheEliteReet

There's a lot to master in Ball game, for example knowing the exact spots in each map where shooting the ball from a standing position will get it in the basket. Also knowing the spots where a bounce from a spike will result in a basket. Plus knowing with to dunk, shoot, drop the ball or use the pass button instead of the shoot button when you're in the air.

As for weapons learning how to spike, kick, slide kick, uppercut and up-shove grenades is very helpful, as is learning to spike poison bubbles away. Same goes for mines, planes etc.

More than anything though is getting really good at the platforming controls. The air control lets you do pretty much anything you could possibly want to do, so once you can perfectly land on a guy's head so that you'll get the ball and then bounce on his head all the way to the goal is a great skill to learn. If you're really good at the controls then you'll be able to dodge things like crazy :D

I think I played ball game with you once, and what seemed to work was to have one teammate distract both enemies, and then have the other guy get the ball ASAP and dash to the goal. It proved to be pretty effective.

Edited by Henryo

A few things I picked up along the way:

Dunking is a beautiful mechanic that needs precise shooting. If one person is blocking a goal there is ALWAYS a chance to score with a dunk. If they're blocking the first portion of the goal try to aim behind them; If they're giving you some room in the front then it's possible to to dunk it at the person and bounce it off them into the goal. 

When locked in a cluster at the goal with even two people you can just press Y and certain actions your opponent can do may actually push the ball in the goal.

If one person is on you trying to spike the ball out of your hands, then DO A Dance! Spikes work best if the opponent is above you or below you it seems. They will catch up to you if they're behind you so trick them and jump backwards past them. When they try to spike you, use that as an opportunity to jump back toward the goal. Since they're still trying to hit you you'll make headway against them. 

You can do a long shot while running on someone's head, and you can shoot from a surprisingly large distance.

One thing I like to do against someone who's throwing a grenade at me while I have the ball is to press Y and drop the ball to block the grenade. There are more efficient ways (like jumping) but it's still humorous. 

Frogs are actually hard to get killed by when your always on the move, and if you set them off while they're near the attacker they'll more likely then not just kill them. 

Boomerangs are a pain. The thing that gets me most about them is that if they stun you and you pick the ball back up, if you're still stunned you'll drop the ball again. Very frustrating. Still a boomerang is easy to predict when you've picked up on their movements. Use a fan, bubble, or another boomerang to block the attack or use my favorite tactic. Ignore the ball when it's launched and just jump over the boomerang and smack 'em. Then grab the ball and jump past them. If you're on top of them they can't really hit you with the attack.

When fighting two against one: If you have the ball stay away from the goal for a couple of seconds, usually one person gets anxious and leaves the goal to attack you. If you can get past them you only have one more teammate to work around. If one spams grenades and what-not then use the fan. Also if they're both blocking the goal try this.

Jump over them, press Y to drop the ball, then launch a frog at them. It will fall quickly on them and either blow them up or they'll retreat. Then try to pick the ball back up.

There are a lot more subtle techniques out there, really. The game is well balanced and the physics are hilarious. If you want to play around I'd be more than happy to show you what I've learned. I'm not the best but I can usually hold my own against two people. My name is BWEEVEED on xbl. Just send me a message first letting me know why you want to friend or team up so I know what's going on. Otherwise, I guess just ignore this post :-P

Dunking is a beautiful mechanic that needs precise shooting. If one person is blocking a goal there is ALWAYS a chance to score with a dunk. If they're blocking the first portion of the goal try to aim behind them; If they're giving you some room in the front then it's possible to to dunk it at the person and bounce it off them into the goal. 

When locked in a cluster at the goal with even two people you can just press Y and certain actions your opponent can do may actually push the ball in the goal.

If one person is on you trying to spike the ball out of your hands, then DO A Dance! Spikes work best if the opponent is above you or below you it seems. They will catch up to you if they're behind you so trick them and jump backwards past them. When they try to spike you, use that as an opportunity to jump back toward the goal. Since they're still trying to hit you you'll make headway against them. 

You can do a long shot while running on someone's head, and you can shoot from a surprisingly large distance.

One thing I like to do against someone who's throwing a grenade at me while I have the ball is to press Y and drop the ball to block the grenade. There are more efficient ways (like jumping) but it's still humorous. 

Frogs are actually hard to get killed by when your always on the move, and if you set them off while they're near the attacker they'll more likely then not just kill them. 

Boomerangs are a pain. The thing that gets me most about them is that if they stun you and you pick the ball back up, if you're still stunned you'll drop the ball again. Very frustrating. Still a boomerang is easy to predict when you've picked up on their movements. Use a fan, bubble, or another boomerang to block the attack or use my favorite tactic. Ignore the ball when it's launched and just jump over the boomerang and smack 'em. Then grab the ball and jump past them. If you're on top of them they can't really hit you with the attack.

When fighting two against one: If you have the ball stay away from the goal for a couple of seconds, usually one person gets anxious and leaves the goal to attack you. If you can get past them you only have one more teammate to work around. If one spams grenades and what-not then use the fan. Also if they're both blocking the goal try this.

Jump over them, press Y to drop the ball, then launch a frog at them. It will fall quickly on them and either blow them up or they'll retreat. Then try to pick the ball back up.

There are a lot more subtle techniques out there, really. The game is well balanced and the physics are hilarious. If you want to play around I'd be more than happy to show you what I've learned. I'm not the best but I can usually hold my own against two people. My name is BWEEVEED on xbl. Just send me a message first letting me know why you want to friend or team up so I know what's going on. Otherwise, I guess just ignore this post :-P

Dam that's long! my advice to him would be just use boomerang or grenades.

Dam that's long! my advice to him would be just use boomerang or grenades.

NO, We don't need more weapon spammers.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I went a little overboard there. I'm just very intrigued with how deep the game play is for such an easy to play platformer. And I agree about the weapon spamming. I honestly forget I even have a weapon sometimes. Who needs a grenade when you have fisticuffs!?

Yeah, I went a little overboard there. I'm just very intrigued with how deep the game play is for such an easy to play platformer. And I agree about the weapon spamming. I honestly forget I even have a weapon sometimes. Who needs a grenade when you have fisticuffs!?

You wont win a game on me if you don't use a weapon nor any top player, weapons are all very beneficial and are key to winning.

You wont win a game on me if you don't use a weapon nor any top player, weapons are all very beneficial and are key to winning.

Weapons are the key to winning? that's not true at all

• Upvote 1

Weapons are the key to winning? that's not true at all

all im saying is if you play a good person or someone with equal skill and they use weapons while you don't, they'll have the upper hand and will probably win and nobody can argue that!

Caip'an, 

No one's arguing the value of the weapons in this game, it's part of the very core of battleblock. This thread is to offer advice for ball game, and weapon spamming isn't the way to go. 

If you're a top player then please offer us a word of advice. I'd honestly love to hear what you got besides "throw your boomerang." I, just like everyone here, want to learn how to improve my game, you know?

Would spamming count if i put frogs on peoples head?i usaully run around the field trying to get the ball but if that doesn't work out i help my teammate with the frog!

Caip'an, 

No one's arguing the value of the weapons in this game, it's part of the very core of battleblock. This thread is to offer advice for ball game, and weapon spamming isn't the way to go. 

If you're a top player then please offer us a word of advice. I'd honestly love to hear what you got besides "throw your boomerang." I, just like everyone here, want to learn how to improve my game, you know?

Yea well he said he didn't use weapons and my advice was to use them.How do you expect to win by only using your fist?

Always have your teammate on attack or defense (whatever you're not doing) that way it's a lot harder for them to score and you are still able to score for your team.

I

If there guarding in center aim for the front edge if there in the front go right in front of them and slam it

i mean go in front of them then jump and slam and have your partner go under the goal score with b and it will give you 10 pointsit has to do the ! On your head though

All I can really do is Dunk and Hit. No i did not just get the game. been playing Ball game 24/7.

I just need tips avoiding players who weapon spam. Greneade spam, Boomerang spam, Frog spam.

It just gets annoying who just weapon spam all the time and I really don't use a weapon except my fists.

They stand on the goal and then start weapon spamming me or my teammate.

if you wanna play with me here's my gamer tag hingedfeline96

When you have a notable advantage over the enemy team, you can sometimes be obnoxious and just hold the ball whilst running away; of course, the reliability of this can vary depending on the map.

I almost always have the fan equipped, so grenades, acid bubbles, etc. aren't too problematic, it's just frogs on certain maps that get me. The fan is actually fun to use, because there's nothing quite like seeing someone spamming 'nades dying to their own weapon.

Edited by Dr. Graffs