Guest_Kyle

[31-May-13] It's Friday... Gotta Get Down On Friday!

Oh, hi! I didn’t see you there! I feel like you’re a little early.

Or am I late? No, I’m never late, you’re definitely early. The holiday must have confused you, but while you’re here I might as well present to you the new Solo and CoOp features of the week!

And, as you know, that means a new, unlockable Prisoner! So, please scroll down to the bottom if you just can’t WAIT to find out who the new Prisoner is... NOW!

And once you’ve had your eye-fill, scroll back to HERE. Are you ready? Good.

Solo:

Playlist: Fun Intended V3

Creator: Lt Hudders

fun1.jpg

Representing the brave men and women who fight for this country, Lt. Hudders has created a playlist that was intended for fun… V3.

We had a blast playing this playlist at the office, and needed to spread the joy to all of our community. The playlist is challenging, but forgiving when it needs to be.  

You’ll be floating down on a boat enjoying the scenery as cannon blasts go whizzing past your head. It’s a dose of serenity with a splash of chaos. I like to call it... Charenity! Don’t try to order that at a restaurant though.

fun3.jpg

I even took a quick nap on my pig/horse/refrigerator while going through this sequence.

fun2.jpg

CoOp:

Playlist: MindBenderCoOp1

Creator: KMKHunter

mindbender2.jpg

Mindbender is exactly as it sounds-- a total mind blitz.. Think This playlist is full of clever portal blocking puzzles, trigger block sequencing, and laser baths.

If you’re thinking to yourself right now, “I recognize that playlist name,” then kudos to you good sir or madam!

If you don’t, you should head over and watch the

Twitch.tv stream! Ryan, Aaron, and I (we’re the level designers here if you haven’t caught that) break down 3 playlists from the community, one of them being KMKHunter’s first iteration of Mindbender. It’s great, I promise!

mindbender3.jpg

Kiss My Kit-kats (as KMKHunter has now been dubbed) took our advice into consideration and applied our critiques to their levels. They have climbed the highest of mountains, crossed the widest of rivers, and braved the harshest of winters to make it to this point.

Now, what do perseverance, dedication, and a healthy diet get you? Featured, that’s what!

Class dismissed; don’t forget your homework.

FeaturePost_LavaLamp.jpg

This week’s prisoner unlock is the infamous Lava Lamp! Last seen in your parent’s bedroom circa 1978!

[Featured 5-31-13 - 6-14-13]

Kiss My Kit-kats (as KMKHunter has now been dubbed)

FeaturePost_LavaLamp.jpg

This week’s prisoner unlock is the infamous Lava Lamp! Last seen in your parent’s bedroom circa 1978!

Happy dance!!!

Edited by KMKHunter

Really nice set of levels from Lt Hudders - Keep up the good work! :D

Hunter's levels looked very well made in the 'Design the with Devs' vid as well ;)

Will be posting playthrough/review of the solo feature later as always

Spoiler Alert: I love the solo playlist

In the Solo playlist, Red Alert (Act 3, Stage 2) is very troublesome when it comes to reaching the Time. I can't seem to get it yet, and I am trucking through that level flawlessly. Has anyone gotten it or am I just doing it wrong?

In the Solo playlist, Red Alert (Act 3, Stage 2) is very troublesome when it comes to reaching the Time. I can't seem to get it yet, and I am trucking through that level flawlessly. Has anyone gotten it or am I just doing it wrong?

I literally just beat this playlist, and the only one you should have trouble on is final 2 post a vid and I can correct your mistake. Also, I do not think this one was that bad. Edited by SWag Bbq

I literally just beat this playlist, and the only one you should have trouble on is final 2 post a vid and I can correct your mistake. Also, I do not think this one was that bad.

I just got it. I ran like I had diarrhea.

Finale 2 wasn't hard at all. There's a lot of dogding going on, but I was okay with that. Red Alert had too many instances of waiting for lazers to clear a safe path.

Anyway, I'm off to do an Insane A++ run! :-)

I literally just beat this playlist, and the only one you should have trouble on is final 2 post a vid and I can correct your mistake. Also, I do not think this one was that bad.

I just got it. I ran like I had diarrhea.

Finale 2 wasn't hard at all. There's a lot of dogding going on, but I was okay with that. Red Alert had too many instances of waiting for lazers to clear a safe path.

Anyway, I'm off to do an Insane A++ run! :-)

Oh whoops, I meant 1 and also good job!

Oh whoops, I meant 1 and also good job!

Yeah... for some reason I was thinking Encore 1 instead of Finale 2.

Plowed through Insane A++, by the way...

EXPECT RED ALERT BECAUSE THE TIME AGAIN !

:cry:

Two great choices this week, I enjoyed them both tremendously!

I also have to say the lava lamp head is now by far my favorite star head... sorry Winston.

I did solo and it was fairly easy except for finale 2 i kept failing at the buzz saws near the end  :oops:

Same for me. Finale 2's ending was brutal.

Here is the second half of this playlist, in video form. I have to agree with the others here, the second finale level is a brutal spike in difficulty.

Why is everyone having so much trouble with furfinal2 I thought the actual hard ones were encores.

I played through the co-op levels with my son yesterday and really enjoyed them. A very good set of levels although co-op interactions really were minimal.

I played through the solo levels last night and thought that they were even better, probably the best I've played yet. There's a real nice challenge and feel to these levels, not too far off The Behemoths own.

To top it all off the Prisoner this week is the best yet. Great week and great work from both level designers and The Behemoth. Thanks to you all.

Haven't had a chance to try the co-op playlist yet, but fought through the single player. Found it a little erratic at times, but mostly great!