Sign in to follow this  
Ytterbium11

How Bad Exactly Are The Keyboard Controls For Castle Crashers?

I play castle crashers often at my friends' house, but I do not have an XBOX or a PS3. I am going to get it for steam, and most people say that the keyboard controls are bad, but how bad are they, and is it worth it to buy a wired XBOX 360 controller for my PC for 10$? can I use the controller for anything else?

Although the keyboard controls aren't bad I do recommend using a controller because it feels more authentic and it's easier to form combo's with it. However if you're unable or unwilling to get a controller and don't like the pc controls you can change the keyboard settings to match your playstyle. Oh and you can use a controller with most modern pc games.

My friend and I have been playing co-op, with me using a controller and him using a keyboard. It took some getting used to I think, but he's been able to play without much difficulty after some practice.

you can use 2 controllers ya know.

My friend and I have been playing co-op, with me using a controller and him using a keyboard. It took some getting used to I think, but he's been able to play without much difficulty after some practice.

you can use 2 controllers ya know.

My opinion is that I actually work better with the keyboard because I do have an Xbox controller and the thing to connect it to the PC but I don't use it because it just feels weird.

This is helpful, but I have already played quite a lot on my friends' XBOX 360 controllers, so I was wondering if the keyboard is easy to get used to.

Edited by Ytterbium11

you can use wired 360 after glow controllers in your pc and they will work or a wired white 360 controller with usb cable...

they also sell wireless adapters for pc for 360 controllers bundled as a microsoft controller

ps3 controllers work if you got blutooth tho havnt tried.

The thing about keyboard controls is that you can customize them, so they're only as bad as you make them.

I've played on consoles since I could read, and I've been playing on PC for 4 years now, and keyboards are generally better for everything except racing games.

The thing about keyboard controls is that you can customize them, so they're only as bad as you make them.

I've played on consoles since I could read, and I've been playing on PC for 4 years now, and keyboards are generally better for everything except racing games.

Stop necrobumping please. The discussion has been dead since 2013.