GT: Brainwaves109

Playlist: Funstrating

# of playlist: 1

Info: This is my first attempt at making an adventure playlist. I've been impressed with the community and it has inspired me to make my own maps. Funstrating starts off relatively simple and quickly becomes more challenging and hopefully more fun.

If you have any feedback I would really apreciate it, whether it be negative or positive. If you're having any trouble, just tell me and I should be able to help. Thanks everyone. 

P.S. I wouldn't be against making a sequel in the future. Thanks again! 

• Upvote 2

I liked your levels, they had a lot of good ideas and designs. I think you over used the sticky blocks, many areas felt slow and tedious due to the amount of sticky blocks. There were also some good ideas that were stretched out which made the obstacle repetitive as a challenge rather than just challenging. I'd love to play online some time, get some real time feedback on my levels and give you real time feedback on yours. Add me as a friend an we'll do a walk through. I'm updating my levels as we speak so you can try the unreleased levels if you would like.

GT: backup sidekick

Some good, simple platforming levels. It had the right amount of challenging to them. Would have like to have seen a few more puzzles though.

First level was my favourite. Loved the spiral layout. 

One gripe I had with a lot of the levels however was the over reliance on invisible blocks. Invisible blocks are good for secret places when you can tell their might be a secret, ie. there is random railing that leads into a wall or a slight colour alteration in the blocks. Your levels however used a lot of invisible blocks scattered randomly throughout each levels. Directional arrows or death trap signs would help people avoid insta-kills from invisible blocks (i.e. the start of level 3)

I also think the last encore level also had a little too many annoying jumping puzzles and not enough time to finish the level comfortably because of it. 

Overall, I had fun though. Keep it up!

Thank you for your honest feedback Adamatron! I'm glad you had an overall good experience and finished it by the sounds of it! But I'm also glad you told me things I can improve on next time! Thanks again! :)

I'm happy to say that since I uploaded Funstrating, I've been working on the next one incorporating feedback from you guys and other friends. And I have just uploaded Funstrating 2. Hopefully you like the improvements and once again I'm open to feedback. I'd like to know your favorite parts as well as your least favorite parts. I will probably take a short break from editing as I've been creating for the past 3 weeks straight. Ha. Thanks everyone for playing and giving me feedback!

I had one major issue with the entire playlist. You overused the laser trap constantly. I'm not sure there was one level in your entire playlist that didn't have a laser trap. And the levels that did had way too many of them. Laser traps every so often are fine, but when they're everywhere it makes levels tedious instead of fun.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to spread my use of traps a little more next time. I tried to use the laser trap in several different ways so it stayed relatively fresh, but I see where you're coming from. Anything you thought was unique or good that I might use next time?

Interesting post 8bit. I'm working on my second round of levels and trying to add better puzzles and more things to kill you to death!!! Anyway, Im finding myself using lasers to add randomness and death but I will go back now and see if they are adding overkill and annoyance. Brainwaves ill definitely play your second go around and compare the 2. I like how the build and design of your levels were just as important as the level itself with you first set.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I've played it, here's my thoughts:

It's a fun playlist overall, unlike the others I didn't felt that laser traps were overused, I just had some problems with the part that had the two lasers going horizontally and the spikes (don't remember which level it was).

Anyway, some notes:

1. on level 2 I'd put a checkpoint past the first part, I died several times (in stupid ways) and had to start from the beginning.

2. I really liked the trap with the false blocks and the boat, I didn't saw that coming, nice one!

3. Level 4 had nice hiding spots for the gems!

4. Liked the part with ice and cannons on level 5

5. Nice hiding place for the secret level!

6. After some levels the hiding spots for the gems became too obvious, they always were in those different coloured blocks in the corners.

The levels were always linear (I like that), there were some original traps but I couldn't find any interesting or original puzzle.

3.5/5 stars

• Upvote 1

Hey whats up, me again. i messaged you on xbox but in case you didnt catch it ill ask here. Did you make a spare copy of this playlist? if you did, would you consider changing that same playlist into time challenge levels?(if you had the spare time of course)