Hey everyone! 8Bitten (CMoNeYno23 on Xbox Live) here to finally bring you the solo playlist I've been developing for six weeks! With a cutscene too! Get ready for "The Grimporeum"! Head over to the Community Theater and try it out!

Disclaimer: It's really difficult... It's fair... But it's still difficult.

Story:

Between your extraordinary public appearances as Battleblock's most notable performer, you decide to take a trek through some of the theater grounds that your cat captors didn't have under such privacy-depriving surveillance. You find yourself in an even smaller theater near the rear of the complex, run by a very small, disgruntled and fuzzy grey cat by the name of Grizzletuft Tabbington.

His cheap knock-off theater shrank in comparison to Battleblock, as he not only lacked the gigantic main theater that Battleblock had, but also the brilliantly colored and creative set-pieces they used. Not to mention the severe lack of performers! While you walk about the dilapidated stage, Grizzletuft approaches you with a wondrous proposition! If you perform on his slightly smaller scale stage, he'll let you keep the 5 strawberries available in each scene, plus 2 more if you're quick enough! (Heck, I hear Mama Grizzletuft even left some pieces of pie laying around!) You ponder his offer, looking around at the dull grey scenery of the stage, and finally you shake hands... paws..? I don't know... regardless you accept his offer.

Grizzletuft is hopeful that with you in the spotlight he finally has a chance at getting some recognition, and you're just happy to be getting something edible other than Battleblock's butt-salad and doo-doo casserole. So prepare yourself for some astounding (albeit smaller scale) performances in Grizzletuft's Grimporeum!

Cutscene:

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 3

Amazing! Easily my favourite Community Theater maps to date. Lots of good puzzles, and a great learning curve. Nothing too suicidally difficult either.

Enjoyed the Codependency encore too. ;)

My only gripe would be the time allowances for the Challenge maps. Found myself having to do near-perfect runs, and with a number of things that were out of my control (or sight) caused my to have to restart a few times.

All in all, brilliant!

(Oh, and not to mention, that Cutscene is absolutely incredible! Though I daresay BB Industries needs one. ;) )

• Upvote 1

These are without a doubt some of my favourite levels. The difficulty made it feel like an extension of the main quest without being impossibly hard. There were a lot of puzzles that I hadn't seen before that where both clever and challenging. I'm going to give these levels a try on insane mode just to see if they can be done (they can, but you'd have to buckle your pants). 

My favourites were;

- Co-dependence: Trusty old rock.

- A cry for help: First time I've seen that kind of use for the horses, loved it.

- The Secret level: At first I hated it because it seemed impossible. But because it was so short with some difficult jumps in there, it was really good. Love how big fur-monster got smashed at the end, poor thing.

Last of all, that cutscene was spot on. I hope if these maps ever gaze the halls of Furbottoms Features, Behemoth might grase us with putting it into the game (maybe possible with DLC. Don't know).

Be very proud, 5/5, add to favourites. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the positive feedback Pipersaurus and Adamatron! I'm really glad you both enjoyed the levels!

Pipersaurus, in response to your complaint:
All the challenge levels, with the exception of "End the Show" have one extra minute of "cushion time" if done perfectly. That's not to say you'd necessarily beat the levels on your first try, but the extra time is there so they're not unfair on time overall. "End the Show" only has fifty-five seconds of "cushion time", a little bit less time, but it's the last level so it's supposed to be a bit more demanding. I certainly understand why you thought the times were a bit restrictive though!

Also I'm glad you both liked the cutscene too!

Great playlist. Added to favorites list! I really liked your creative automated triggers. Trigger panic I think it was called with the rock triggering both buttons really stands out in my memory even a day after trying the playlist.

• Upvote 1

Thanks KMKHunter! I'm really glad you enjoyed the playlist!

I wanted to create a system of triggering the switch buttons that hadn't been done before, and the contraption in "Switching Chaos" was the result of that goal. The only difficult part of creating that system was making sure the player couldn't remove the rock. Luckily using a conveyor I was able to prevent that.

First of all congratulations on the feature.

I played your maps, and I just wanted you to know that you're awesome!
The traps, the puzzles, the design, everything was almost PERFECT, really, this is what a great playlist should be, I have nothing else to say.

5/5 stars and favourited, best community playlist until now!

Ps.
I hope you will give us the permission to use some of your ideas in other playlist, that would be great!

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah. A++ on all normal maps. Insanity, here we come! 

Wow, congrats! Also good luck, if you manage to get A++ in Insane Mode you'll certainly have earned my respect!

Oh yeah. A++ on all normal maps. Insanity, here we come! 

Wow, congrats! Also good luck, if you manage to get A++ in Insane Mode you'll certainly have earned my respect!

There we go. Insanity, A++. Again, great levels.

• Upvote 1

So I played this today, and I gotta say... I love you and hate you for it. 

Just kidding, I don't hate you.  ;) But really good job on those levels! They were all challenging, and some made me think a lot. I had to replay at least half of them just to find all the gems! I definitely enjoyed it though. :)

Congrats on the feature, and I hope to see more from you soon. :D

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed these levels. There's a degree of focus and composition in each that I really appreciate. Codependency was very clever!

How were these levels codependent if it was a solo playlist?

I really enjoyed these levels. There's a degree of focus and composition in each that I really appreciate. Codependency was very clever!

You have the magical ability in battleblock theater land to name your levels. Be careful to make a wish before you leave or all of your worst fears will come true like being naked and school and having scratchy socks!

You have the magical ability in battleblock theater land to name your levels. Be careful to make a wish before you leave or all of your worst fears will come true like being naked and school and having scratchy socks!

Yes, you name your levels. No need to be sarcastic because I'm hardly likely going to remember the names of levels on every playlist I've played.

I haven't played this playlist in a while, but when I think about it my mind keeps going back to the 'steps' with the poison bubbles and fans. It was such a great idea, and was the perfect mixture of difficulty and fairness. Looking forward to more from you in the future, 8bitten.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I'm really glad to see that my playlist was so generally well-received. I'm sorry for any rage-quits, or frustrating play sessions I may have caused you all. For those of you who played it and stuck with it through the challenges and puzzles, thanks!

The positive feedback I get from you all is what keeps me designing!

Also A++ on Insane Mode!?! . . . Adamatron you are my hero.

• Upvote 2

I haven't played this playlist in a while, but when I think about it my mind keeps going back to the 'steps' with the poison bubbles and fans. It was such a great idea, and was the perfect mixture of difficulty and fairness. Looking forward to more from you in the future, 8bitten.

I agree, that part was sooooo good!

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for all the great feedback! I really am glad you all liked it so much, and I aim to please again in the future!

I'm not going to make an entirely separate topic for it yet, because I only have a few levels built, but the sequel to "The Grimporeum" is in the works... It's much more colorful, but just as difficult, with new traps and ideas! "The Grandporeum" (Is that a good name?) hopefully will live up to your expectations!

• Upvote 2