CaptainBubbles

What Are The Best Characters To Play As?

Wanna know about all the characters and their abilities? Visit the Castlepedia!

Also, there is no "best" character. It all depends on how you prefer to play and what abilities you are most comfortable with, so I'd say you should just try them all out. You could ask what other people's favorite characters are (mine's the green knight by the way) and ask them why (Damage-over-time abilities? Heck yeah!).

Also, there is no "best" character. It all depends on how you prefer to play and what abilities you are most comfortable with, so I'd say you should just try them all out. You could ask what other people's favorite characters are (mine's the green knight by the way) and ask them why (Damage-over-time abilities? Heck yeah!).

Shameless promotion is shameless. But I can't blame you for doing it. In fact i'll also encourage that you look at it.

Also assuming your talking about Campaign:

Red Knight, Industrialist, Fencer and Blue Knight are generally considered Top 4.

I won't really go into details because between this info this entire forum and Castlepedia. You should be able to piece it all together super sleuth.

Edited by T Diamond

They're all basically the same.

Except some after effects like

Orange Knight's fire will burn you after you get hit by it

and Green Knight will poison you after ya get hit.

Blue knight will freeze you

and Red Knight's Y is impossible to escape unless your Magic Bar runs out.

Shameless promotion is shameless. But I can't blame you for doing it. In fact i'll also encourage that you look at it.

Red Knight, Industrialist, Fencer and Blue Knight are generally considered Top 4.

I won't really go into details because between this info this entire forum and Castlepedia. You should be able to piece it all together super sleuth.

And brute and Snakey following quite closely, but not as effective as them

And brute and Snakey following quite closely, but not as effective as them

Vine magic isn't quite as effective as the four I mentioned. If I was going to make a what I thought was good list I'd have included a lot more characters than those. But as it stands those are pretty much tied for the best four characters in campaign.

Edited by T Diamond

I like the blue knight personally because he can freeze and stall enemies to give you time to attack. His max magic attack is really strong too imo.

Edited by yugo657

I have been told that the red knight is one of the best castle crashers because he can hold enemys in place with lightning and it does A LOT of damage. My favorite castle crasher is the blue knight becase he freezes enemys and i always liked him since i first got the game.the blue knight also looks really cool.( he has ice powers,COOL right ) :P

its all personal preference...

some kill bosses quicker

others have usefull magic for smaller foes...

others have unique or clone magic...

i prefer poision element when juggling cause it does that little extra also crit weapons..

industrial, fencer, snakey, brute are the boss killers with multiple hit waves of hell....

necromancer is another almost up there with rise from your grave hands

red knight and blue knight/eskimo are crowd control characters

orange knight is great for nailing fire with a reach and can cripple the corn boss if your out of his reach and spam magic...

any character can spam agility and arrows, strength, level 50 drill, or full magic x,x,x,y combo...

how you play each character is up to you and what you intend to do with it...

most people play arena so most of the skills which are potential for arena work better ie: bear, saracen, hatty etc...

for instance too: 1p arena red knight, blue knight, green knight might be your best picks for clearing out waves of enemies. 

Edited by drunken feedle

There is no 'best' character

Also red knight's magic is pretty easy to dodge in my opinion

And sure, red knight is effective.

Until you reach desert on insane.

Edited by Fluffy kitten

There is no 'best' character

Also red knight's magic is pretty easy to dodge in my opinion

And sure, red knight is effective.

Until you reach desert on insane.

Red Knight's magic is good against the Royal Guards  though. It's actually really efficient when you have to fight both them and the beetles.

Yea but the damage gets pretty low when you hit like 1 or 2 enemies.

Also as the red knight you have to stand still when using the splash attack, so enemies can attack you from behind.

Edited by Fluffy kitten

I am currently playing my first Insane solo with Blue Knight.  I must say, Light, Light, Light, Heavy magic combo really helps fighting those heavy weight characters.  Who wouldn't want them to be frozen?  Although it is annoying that your magic splash can only be spammed twice, which makes him hard to do on bosses.  But from what I've read on the stickied Insane Guide, the characters with the non-elemental damage do the most Light, Light, Light, Heavy combo do the most damage from it, potentially killing bosses the fastest.  But like Fluffy Kitten said above, there is no "best" character.

Statistically speaking the Blue Knight, Red Knight, Industrialist and Fencer are the best characters in the game.  

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/3542-fenixs-unofficial-character-tier-list-v21/

That also should be of some help to you, and do not listen to people saying they are all equal.  Why?  Because the arrow clones and icekimo come nowhere close to being better than the Blue Knight and Red Knight.