With 64 heads being given away at a rate of about 1 every 2 weeks... Completionists can expect to be playing this for nearly 2 years before we get all of the star heads. I don't know how I feel about that

My fear is that the behemoth is going to have some tournaments and the winners will get exclusive star heads. This game is fun and I love making levels, but the awful truth is that I'm by far not the best or even close.

So the thoughts are dlc star heads or ramped up offering. Interesting. Any other ideas?

Doubt that, it seems like they are making sure everyone gets all of them.

Giving ones away free.

I don't except exclusives.

I'd say it will take a year and a half max, just because the Behemoth are gonna be giving away holiday heads and they will probably start having two a week instead of one. So yeah a year and a half max probably just a year though.

The only thing I fear about these star heads is that some of them will be exclusive. By that I mean events, tournaments, etc. 

I would love to win an exclusive star head in a ball game tournament!

You wont win it though lol!

I'm actually very good at ball game, so I just might win!

No you wouldn't, because there will never be a tournament! NEVER!

Agreed having a tournament for a exclusive would be like a tournament in CC and the winner gets a exclusive knight, everybody would just yell at the behemoth!

An exclusive prisoner just isn't going to happen. As stated, there would be too much complaint and pleas of unfairness for EVERYONE else if there was even an 100 only unlocks. There would be way too much crying from all their other fans because they would feel CHEATED. Not to mention completionist would lose their minds over not owning every prisoner after all this time, dedication, and effort.

WHICH, brings me to the main reason I wanted to have a say in this topic: I still just don't know what the Behemoth where thinking with releasing them this method. Even whenever it became obvious they were going to release the star heads through Features it bugged me, but then it became even worse when we learned that the releases would be much more slower paced than a guaranteed prisoner a week through only consistently seeing one every OTHER week. I mean, honestly it hasn't kept me interested replayability-wise... It's kinda become just more of a chore. I check every Monday or Tuesday after 2 weeks (because I forgot about the new Feature update over the weekend), make sure one is announced, get on, hurry through the levels (getting bare minimum experience out of them), unlock the head, & put the game down until I remember there is a new prisoner. So with 60 some-odd heads to unlock, even figuratively being released weekly, it just seemed too overdrawn, stretched-out, and a hassle. And yes, I get that they can have and will release a few extra here and there for holidays -or even randomly- but it doesn't change the fact that it is pointless waiting. It was much more exciting when the community scoured every inch of the game to find secrets that would unlock the star prisoners (which is nice, I really think any hardcore gamer would appreciate the retrostyle unlocks hunts) in hopes to find some crazy secret, compared to... this. :/

TL;DR I LOVE this company. The Behemoth do so many things way more than right, but how they have handled the star heads has seemed more of a hassle and much less involved. IMO, guys. IMO.

• Upvote 1

Agreed having a tournament for a exclusive would be like a tournament in CC and the winner gets a exclusive knight, everybody would just yell at the behemoth!

Wow a new head wouldn't be anything like a new knight, because in castle crashers they have powers, and here there just customization.

An exclusive prisoner just isn't going to happen. As stated, there would be too much complaint and pleas of unfairness for EVERYONE else if there was even an 100 only unlocks. There would be way too much crying from all their other fans because they would feel CHEATED. Not to mention completionist would lose their minds over not owning every prisoner after all this time, dedication, and effort.

WHICH, brings me to the main reason I wanted to have a say in this topic: I still just don't know what the Behemoth where thinking with releasing them this method. Even whenever it became obvious they were going to release the star heads through Features it bugged me, but then it became even worse when we learned that the releases would be much more slower paced than a guaranteed prisoner a week through only consistently seeing one every OTHER week. I mean, honestly it hasn't kept me interested replayability-wise... It's kinda become just more of a chore. I check every Monday or Tuesday after 2 weeks (because I forgot about the new Feature update over the weekend), make sure one is announced, get on, hurry through the levels (getting bare minimum experience out of them), unlock the head, & put the game down until I remember there is a new prisoner. So with 60 some-odd heads to unlock, even figuratively being released weekly, it just seemed too overdrawn, stretched-out, and a hassle. And yes, I get that they can have and will release a few extra here and there for holidays -or even randomly- but it doesn't change the fact that it is pointless waiting. It was much more exciting when the community scoured every inch of the game to find secrets that would unlock the star prisoners (which is nice, I really think any hardcore gamer would appreciate the retrostyle unlocks hunts) in hopes to find some crazy secret, compared to... this. :/

TL;DR I LOVE this company. The Behemoth do so many things way more than right, but how they have handled the star heads has seemed more of a hassle and much less involved. IMO, guys. IMO.

How would they feel cheated if they had and equal chance in the tournament and got to compete, and for the completionist its just one head that one person has, its not like everyone besides him has it!

We all know that one exclusive head would be the raddest, most baddest head of the group. Imagine not having that head! The tournament head winner would probably get a head shaped like butt cheeks that "relieves" itself like a volcanoes instead of exploding, comes with a cape, eyes that always stare directly at the closest opponent/teammate, has custom sneakers to modify the body as well, changes the horse to the raccalope, and best of all: it has a speech bubble that follows you around saying "I'm the best".

Do you really want to risk loosing awesome butt-cheeks head?

TL;DR: Too Long Didn't Read

I mean, if it 's an online tournament then it's fair game, but that doesn't make as much sense as a tourney-tournament. NOT TOO MENTION, that isn't all too different than a ranking-based head... so it still just doesn't seem that likely. But the main point being, it just wouldn't be fair. All the people who have stuck with it to get all the prisoners would be left with a gaping empty hole in their hearts and star heads collection. Which, if you ask me, is cheating the players.

• Upvote 1

cut.

It seems to me you're not very fond of this game, so why collecting the head? You're not gonna use them, you're not gonna play the game again once you've collected them all, you're not gonna unlock an achievement or something for getting them all, so what?

You're not going anywhere, I don't think it's a problem for you playing this game 10 minutes every two weeks, am I wrong?

It's simple to me:

If you like the game you're gonna enjoy every single moment of these 2 years, If you don't... just shut up and go play something else.

I think It's offensive to the Behemoth when people is only worried about the heads and does not care of the awesome multiplayer and editor they put in the game.

• Upvote 1

cut.

It seems to me you're not very fond of this game, so why collecting the head? You're not gonna use them, you're not gonna play the game again once you've collected them all, you're not gonna unlock an achievement or something for getting them all, so what?

He's butthurt his completionistic behaviors can not be fulfilled in a timely manner. He plays games not to have fun, but to finish them and move on. Since he can't move on yet due to his own personality issues, he blames it on the creators.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about that Gamefemale, I seem to remember beating you and Dan Paladin at Ball Game...

Also I don't think The Behemoth would go through that trouble of giving away star heads in a tournament. I do somewhat agree with DavidB though; the game WAS so much more interesting when the community was frantically searching the game for secrets. I remember thinking "people have cleared the story mode and found nothing secret, how can there be 64 heads hidden in this?!" We don't know for sure yet whether there isn't anything hidden, but it does look like The Behemoth has made it clear how they're gonna do this.

I do enjoy coming back to the game every other week, playing through the Feature and earning gems and a special head, but I really don't spend more time on it than that and maybe one or two arena matches. I have yet to complete a set of levels myself, but I promised myself I would, and I think that it would be a very special and rewarding experience to have my level played by thousands of eager fans, excited to earn another collectible. What they're doing is really neat, in that dedicated players feel obligated to collect every star head, and The Behemoth is using this opportunity to let fans who spend time making these levels bask in the spotlight.

TL;DR The Behemoth is probably doing it this way not only to keep fans motivated to come back to the game, but also to put the spotlight on players who spend their time and effort to make enjoyable sets of levels that might otherwise get overlooked.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1