Sign in to follow this  

My favourite MGS is 2, and going through that game as a kid took aaages.

But I played it through again more recently, and I was surprised at how short it was compared to how long I remember it being. I'm not saying that the game is too short (and I'm not saying that about any MGS game; they're all brilliant!), it's just shorter than I remember.

Also, MGS games always give you some incentive to go back on a harder difficulty, or to find things you didn't the first time around. It's one of the fun things I love about MGS. Metal Gear Rising managed to tap into this too, by giving you a bunch of collectible swords, outfits, and wigs after completing the game on a certain difficulty, or after collecting a certain amount of collectibles, just like in MGS.

But I played it through again more recently, and I was surprised at how short it was compared to how long I remember it being. I'm not saying that the game is too short (and I'm not saying that about any MGS game; they're all brilliant!), it's just shorter than I remember.

Also, MGS games always give you some incentive to go back on a harder difficulty, or to find things you didn't the first time around. It's one of the fun things I love about MGS. Metal Gear Rising managed to tap into this too, by giving you a bunch of collectible swords, outfits, and wigs after completing the game on a certain difficulty, or after collecting a certain amount of collectibles, just like in MGS.

MGR is way too short. I love the game to death, but it's really much shorter than it should be.

MGR is way too short. I love the game to death, but it's really much shorter than it should be.

That's why it's a spin-off.

That's why it's a spin-off.

How does a game being a spin-off justify it being too short?

This is pretty much the general consensus from everyone I've heard whose played the game.

Tl:dr err... watch:

Game plays great but is way overpriced, not worth more than $7, story is barely there and sidequests suck. Less than 3 hours to pretty much see everything the game has to offer.

Wait for sale.

Also, for teh lulz:

• Upvote 2

Working at Gamestop, I can tell everyone to just wait until Phantom Pain comes out and get Ground Zeroes on the cheap.  It's not worth the money right now, if what I hear is true.

One guy said he beat it in about an hour, so I'd for sure wait until a major price drop.

Working at Gamestop, I can tell everyone to just wait until Phantom Pain comes out and get Ground Zeroes on the cheap.  It's not worth the money right now, if what I hear is true.

One guy said he beat it in about an hour, so I'd for sure wait until a major price drop.

I hear speedrunners are beating it in less than 10 minutes. Granted, that's not completing any side missions or anything...but still. £30 for < 3 hours of content?

I'm not usually too bothered about the length of a game, or if I'm getting 'value for money' with a title. A game should only be as long or as short as it needs to be...buuut from everything I've read about Ground Zeroes, a lot of people are labelling it as a demo or prologue mission to The Phantom Pain. 

To be honest, I think Konami would have benefited much more from simply adding the Ground Zeroes mission to Castlevania:LoS2 as a demo. At least that way more people might have purchased Castlevania, and Konami wouldn't have gotten such a huge backlash.

I think the saddest thing is that the MGS2 demo that was included in Zone of the Enders (Great game. Everybody bought it, but nobody actually ended up playing it) is almost as long as some people's Ground Zeroes play times. 

I hear the gameplay of Ground Zeroes is the best of any MGS title this far, though. Which is awesome news.  :-) 

So this thread on NeoGAF may have discovered one of the craziest hidden plot things ever from this game:

I'm not gonna say anymore because it could be considered spoilers, but if you're okay with that then click the thread, it's super crazy and interesting

EDIT:
Figured pictures were necessary though:          

GuQZUJE.jpg
FxmhEgi.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hatty
  • Upvote 1

Since when did we have a MGSV:TPP Thread?  :lol:

Im going back and getting 100% in Ground Zeroes to get hyped for this game even though the hype is here. 

• Upvote 1

Since when did we have a MGSV:TPP Thread?  :lol:

Im going back and getting 100% in Ground Zeroes to get hyped for this game even though the hype is here. 

Same. I'm gonna do a bunch of Ground Zeroes playthroughs and see what all I can find.

Gamestop is APPARENTLY sending me two PS4 collector's editions for this game.  My pre-order list both online and in-store shows that I have two on order.  I only paid for one.  I think it's just a fluke in the system that'll work itself out when they actually ship it, though.

Well my brother got an early copy for the PS4 it arrived today and I am super annoyed :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  

I got a steam copy so there is no way a digital copy will be able to unlock early.

2 DAYS AHEAD OF ME  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

• Upvote 3

Well my brother got an early copy for the PS4 it arrived today and I am super annoyed :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  

I got a steam copy so there is no way a digital copy will be able to unlock early.

3* DAYS AHEAD OF ME  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Hahahahaha, I win again, dear brother!

Seriously though, the steelbook for this game looks amazing and I'm just happy to own it:

IMG%202_zpskckuqpsu.jpg

I'll be holding off until Tuesday when I'm next off work to actually play the game, though. I want to have a lot of free time to really pace myself and enjoy the game as much as I can.  :-)

• Upvote 4

I already missed the first day, so now I have to skip to the 2nd day.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Isaac
  • Upvote 2

I've played a lot of stealth games over the years, but (despite being open world) I think MGS:V beats every single one of them. :shock:

• Upvote 2

I've played a lot of stealth games over the years, but (despite being open world) I think MGS:V beats every single one of them. :shock:

I didn't even get to Mother Base yesterday. I spent like 2 or 3 hours exploring the entire first mission, seeing what all I could do. And that mission doesn't even have all the possibilities that later ones will have.
  • Upvote 1

I didn't hate the opening hospital moment but it did take a long time and there were some awesome moments but sometimes it just felt tedious, hold forward to go down this long corridor, awesome scene, hold forward and go back down the long corridor that you just came from.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the level when it sped back up again and I am currently enjoying the tactfulness of this open world game and trying to do it stealthy to get the codename FOX.    

• Upvote 2

I like the idea of Reflex Mode. While it's not optimal to use in this game as well as costing you points every time you use it, it's a nice way to make the game more accessible for players who are new to the series, or players who didn't happen to recon everything. It also just looks really cool, the way that Boss just snaps to whoever saw him. Reminds me of the Matrix with all the slowdown.

I like the idea of Reflex Mode. While it's not optimal to use in this game as well as costing you points every time you use it, it's a nice way to make the game more accessible for players who are new to the series, or players who didn't happen to recon everything. It also just looks really cool, the way that Boss just snaps to whoever saw him. Reminds me of the Matrix with all the slowdown.

I turned reflex mode off although just as you said it's good for new players, it is extremely difficult to get S rank on missions if you have it turned on. Which is something I discovered in Ground Zeroes.

What is everyone's Codename at the minute (if you have one other than chick)? 

Mine is Puma.

You get it after the story mission "Honey Bee" 

I turned reflex mode off although just as you said it's good for new players, it is extremely difficult to get S rank on missions if you have it turned on. Which is something I discovered in Ground Zeroes.

What is everyone's Codename at the minute (if you have one other than chick)? 

Mine is Puma.

You get it after the story mission "Honey Bee" 

Eh, I've been using Reflex Mode for missions because I'm a little rusty since GZ released. I'll probably turn it off now I've played the game a while, but maybe keep it on for Side Ops since they're not ranked like Story Missions and it just speeds things up a bit.

Also I was codenamed Chick, then Octopus, then Bear, and currently Bat.

Can we just have spoiler discussion about mission 46?

As long as you put eeeverything in spoiler tags. I'd totally join in but I'm still back at mission 33.