Sign in to follow this  
Hatty117

What Was Your First Starter Pokemon?

Mine was Bulbasaur! (When I watched the show from the very beginning of my days) Then when I played a game for the first time it was Treecko!

Here, bask in the glory of these two adorable yet powerful grass types *hugs*

treecko.jpg

Bulbasaur_by_Xous54.png

(THESE AREN'T MINE! NON OF THIS IS! THIS IS FOR FUN! Just wanted to clear that up uwu )

How can Froakie be your first if the game isn't out yet?  I think you may have misread as favorite?

Also, Hatty117, you don't have to put a disclaimer saying you don't own crap.  Nintendo isn't going to come here and arrest you or something, and you won't get banned for it (I don't know why you would anywhere, really).  Another note, and this applies to everyone, really, is that if you're going to post really big pictures, please put them in a spoiler tag to save room.

If you don't know how to do a spoiler, click here, that should explain it.

Lastly, I don't believe there is a topic like this, but I'm unsure.  I found nothing while searching, so I think this thread is safe to stay.  I know we have a favorite Pokemon thread, which is located here, but this is not a favorite thread, so I see no reason to lock this one at all.

So yeah.  Squirtle was my first.

• Upvote 1

So yeah.  Squirtle was my first.

YEAH SQUIRTLE FTW

tumblr_miqh03p3CW1s65gxso1_250.gif

Although actually my very first starter ever was Torchic...

Edited by GoldenGhost

Pokemon Yellow was the first ever game I could call my own, on the first handheld console I could call my own; the Yellow Game Boy Colour

So, my first Starter Pokemon was Pikachu  :arrow:

tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o10_250.gif

Does Mystery Dungeon count? If so, Torchic, if not, Totodile. I still have my Lv.100 Feraligatr in White2

And Pocket, I still can't do spoilers.

Edited by IndustrialKnight

Does Mystery Dungeon count? If so, Torchic, if not, Totodile. I still have my Lv.100 Feraligatr in White2

You mean you still don't know how to do them?  Because anyone should be able to do them, no matter what.

You mean you still don't know how to do them?  Because anyone should be able to do them, no matter what.

I tried it but it won't work for me, let me try again.  

Does it work??

I guess I did it wrong the first time, thanks!

Edited by IndustrialKnight

Charmanders assemble!

egoraptor__s_chamander_by_heine2011-d35a

And my god no one likes fire types?

You guys are sick and disgusting.

There's a difference between not liking Fire type Pokemon and not choosing them.  In fact, Cyndaquil is my favorite starter, but I chose Totodile the first time I played the game.  I never chose Charmander in the first Gen games, since then I'd have to catch and train a Nidoran to get Double Kick just to beat Brock.  Now that Charmander has Iron Claw, it's a whole lot easier.

My secret was always capturing a caterpie and training it until it becomes a butterfree.

I find butterfree to be a useful utility Pokémon.

• Upvote 1

WATER STARTERS ASSEMBLE!

5399091109_7d630a753c.jpg

I can't remember what my first starter was to be honest. It was either Charmander, Squirtle, or Totodile. I owned red, blue and silver for as long as I can remember.

I only remember Squirtle distinctly because when I was five, I didn't know how to save. So I played that first portion of the game many times with my Squirtle/Wartortle.  I have used every starter Pokemon from every generation of games, even the first generation, but I have my firsts and I have my favorites.  Usually, they're mutually exclusive, but sometimes they are different.

the first starter i've had? lets see... i've played colloseum before the others so it would be espeon and umbreon... do they count?XD if not its pliplup from dat diamond

Edited by shotoro

My secret was always capturing a caterpie and training it until it becomes a butterfree.

I find butterfree to be a useful utility Pokémon.

I did the exact same thing and sweeped Brock's team with confusion and then you can teach it Psychic from the guy in Saffron City later on.

• Upvote 1

If Pokemon Mystery Dungeon counts, it's Treeko and Mudkip. If it doesn't count it would be Turtwig, I loves me Torterra.

Edited by daikonboy101

1130615-cyndaquil_2.jpg

Cyndaquil with his farts of fire, was my first.

But....that's his back not his butt.

Well Mewtwo has a tail on his head now, so anything's possible!

1130615-cyndaquil_2.jpg

Cyndaquil with his farts of fire, was my first.

But....that's his back not his butt.

Oh... just go with it, will you?

I remember the first game I got was Pokemon Emerald! I played it when everyone was asleep, and I played it when I was supposed to be doing homework :-o

Do you guys remember the opening the opening for Pokemon Battle Frontier?? That was my absolute favorite season of Pokemon! (For the show)

And Dropped Your Pocket, thank you for all of the help! :)

Edited by Hatty117