Behemoth_Erin

[28-June-13] Furbottom's Features: Let Us Give You A Hand!

Hello again, classy Community Theater hounds! New Furbottom's Features incoming...!

Solo Playlist: The Grimporeum by Cmoneyno23
Coop Playlist: High Ground by Konster Monster 

The Grimporeum by Cmoneyno23
Grim1.jpg

Well now, isn't this a treat!? Lavishly produced, "The Grimporeum" is a masterful compilation that, according to its author, contains no less than 6 weeks of love crammed into its deadly halls. As a result the Grimporeum absolutely REEKS of polish, despite being on the spikier end of a rather spiky difficulty scale. 

Grim2.jpg

Thankfully, that extra bit of loving polish means that every hazard is served with fair warning directly onto your brain pan, which should be great news for just about anyone, even if I stopped paying attention to THAT dusty old thing years ago.

Grim3.jpg

But enough from me; CMoNeYno23 has crafted a custom introduction for our viewing pleasure; let's view upon it now, shall we..?

(click for fan-made film fun)

Meanwhile, in the Land of Cooperation...

High Ground by Konster Monster  
High1.jpg

Yes, the monster known as Konster has built upon the broadly appealing shoulders of his previous productions in order to present his newest creation: the High Ground!

High2.jpg

Chase scenes and games of deadly chicken are the order of the day, and your friendship may never be the same after that one time your buddy stands on a bridge for you right up until he didn't and then you died because he was a big baby that didn't want to killed by lasers. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

High3.jpg

And in return for taking in these newly minted chunks of grade-A theater you'll also free Gerard, an utterly indispensable Seeing Eye Hand. Make sure you get two of em' in a room together so that the head-butt/high-fives can finally commence!

FeaturePost_Gerard.jpg

Furbottom's Feature [28-JUN-13] - [12-JULY-13]

Solo maps weren't bad well designed and you could tell they weren't slopped together.

But you had to do stuff in the second it gave you or die. That made it really annoying. 

• Upvote 1

Commented in the playlist promo, just came here to say: great pick Behemoth!

5/5 star and fav!!

Edit:

The head is nice too, but not as much as the maps!

Edited by Leurfe

With this new head I'll have something to hold my icecream cone with!

Thank you for the careful planning with the utility function of this head, very useful!

Solo maps weren't bad well designed and you could tell they weren't slopped together.

But you had to do stuff in the second it gave you or die. That made it really annoying. 

Same here. It would take 2-3 tries to get the easy things, but 5-8 for the hard things. And 9-15 for extreme challenges. This made it both hard and long, the deadly playlist combo.

Just got it.

Best head ever.

Definitly. Couldn't agree more. He reminds me of master hand from Smash Bros Brawl.

How are you guys getting past Flammable Jumps in the new solo playlist? I get to a spot with fans pointing downward and a breakable block over a set of spikes. I don't see any way to turn the fans off or to get onto that block, even if I manage to land on the spike block's corner I can't leap the rest of the way. Is there some item I'm not quite thinking of that would help? I only got this far from sticky darts in walls.

Oh my god, it's the Grimporeum. This is one of my favourite playlists ever. Way to go Behemoth for a quality Furbottom Feature! For a slightly more detailed review on what I think of the levels, check out the Grimtorum on the Promo lists.

Haven't played the co-op level yet. Looking forward to it.

Yeah most of them were irksome but still a fun challenge. However the flammable jumps level in the grimporeum was just irritating for me. Out of 100 or so deaths 3 times i managed to time things right just to die to spikes. Challenges can be fun but with such a low progress to death ratio these maps were not for me.

Yeah most of them were irksome but still a fun challenge. However the flammable jumps level in the grimporeum was just irritating for me. Out of 100 or so deaths 3 times i managed to time things right just to die to spikes. Challenges can be fun but with such a low progress to death ratio these maps were not for me.

Challenges are especially annoying when you have to get through them for a special starhead.

• Upvote 1

How are you guys getting past Flammable Jumps in the new solo playlist? I get to a spot with fans pointing downward and a breakable block over a set of spikes. I don't see any way to turn the fans off or to get onto that block, even if I manage to land on the spike block's corner I can't leap the rest of the way. Is there some item I'm not quite thinking of that would help? I only got this far from sticky darts in walls.

i got stuck on this part too, gave up in the end. How is everyone else getting past this part?

Hey Everybody! Here's how you get past the fan/ exploding block part in flammable jumps.

1. You need to let yourself get ignited by the nearby fireball throwing cat.

2. You need to run to the pool of water near the exploding block and fall into it.

3.Once you've fallen into the water you'll be boosted upwards, additionally use both your jump and double jump to get on top of the exploding block.

4. Run across it before it detonates and fall down to the area below.

Hope that helps!

Edited by 8Bitten

Who are these people that think this playlist was too hard? Great challenge, LOTS of fun (I've been expecting this playlist to be featured since release) the puzzles were very unique, and the layout showed a lot of thought and dedication to details. People need to remember that they have TWO WEEKS to complete these playlists. There won't be a new feature in the meantime, why would anyone want something that takes them a short time to complete.

Don't rate a level low because its a challenge, that's not fair to the designer.

• Upvote 1

To find the secret level in The Grimporeum, take a look around the fifth level "Conveyor Terror"...

Edited by 8Bitten