Behemoth_Erin

[28-June-13] Furbottom's Features: Let Us Give You A Hand!

Who are these people that think this playlist was too hard? Great challenge, LOTS of fun (I've been expecting this playlist to be featured since release) the puzzles were very unique, and the layout showed a lot of thought and dedication to details. People need to remember that they have TWO WEEKS to complete these playlists. There won't be a new feature in the meantime, why would anyone want something that takes them a short time to complete.

Don't rate a level low because its a challenge, that's not fair to the designer.

I agree. People shouldn't be playing these features just to get the star head. Still waiting on a friend to play the co-op, but this week's solo campaign was the right combination of being changeling while not giving in to the temptation of introducing cheep random deaths. To get the star head this fortnight rewards skill, and not a minimal time commitment. 

Also, Insanity A++ for Grimporeum. Had a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Who are these people that think this playlist was too hard? Great challenge, LOTS of fun (I've been expecting this playlist to be featured since release) the puzzles were very unique, and the layout showed a lot of thought and dedication to details. People need to remember that they have TWO WEEKS to complete these playlists. There won't be a new feature in the meantime, why would anyone want something that takes them a short time to complete.

Don't rate a level low because its a challenge, that's not fair to the designer.

I agree. People shouldn't be playing these features just to get the star head. Still waiting on a friend to play the co-op, but this week's solo campaign was the right combination of being changeling while not giving in to the temptation of introducing cheep random deaths. To get the star head this fortnight rewards skill, and not a minimal time commitment.

Also, Insanity A++ for Grimporeum. Had a lot of fun.

I need someone to help me finish co op as well. Gt: backup sidekick

Edited by Backup sidekick

I used to have fun doing features, then they put in this crap for the past weeks.. hate it. 0,5/5.

Wait

0, 5/5? What does that mean? You basically just said 0 and then 5/5 for no reason. Or, did you mean ".5/5"?

By the way, just because something is challenging doesn't give you the right to hate on it. It was a good level, even if it is hard. Give the creator some credit. It took him 6 weeks to make that.

Да эта голова очень даже ничего!)

Edited by ceva123
  • Upvote 1

Да эта голова очень даже ничего!)

"Yes, this head is even nothing!"

- Google Translate

• Upvote 1

I just finished my bi-weekly Solo Insane A++ run.
Thank goodness for this campaign. It's far better than last week's mess; full of challenges and well thought out mapping.

It even nailed a great chase sequence (secret level) with the beast creature which is something I've been trying to perfect with my own level design.

Surprising, playing it on Insane, I managed to plow through it like nothing compared to my first run on Normal.
Hmm, oh well. It was still fun! :-D

• Upvote 3

I agree about rating a level low because it's a challenge. Trials HD mitigated this somewhat by only allowing you to rate user created levels only after finishing them.

When I started, "The Grimporeum," I was not happy; I got stuck early-on and couldn't figure out how to progress. I went back and finished it tonight because I knew I had a limited time to unlock the special head. I was often infuriated, but by the end I had had a great time. It's now favourited so I can play the encore, insanity, and look for the secret level at my leisure.

I hate you, 8Bitten, for making me a better player. I'm going to go play some Demon's Souls to unwind. ;-)

• Upvote 1

Great set of levels 8Bitten! You can see straight away they have been well thought out & well tested.  

I agree about rating a level low because it's a challenge. Trials HD mitigated this somewhat by only allowing you to rate user created levels only after finishing them.

I agree. You should have to finish at least one level to be able to rate the playlist.

• Upvote 1

Played the co-op feature today. It was really great, nice and changeling and made good use of both players. The encores where stand out as they where good, quick little challenging. There where a few annoying jumps at the start of one level, and a few ideas that got repeated on a few levels, but an the whole very enjoyable. 5/5 stars. Well done Behemoth by picking 2 really good playlists this fortnight. 

Cool playlist. Really hard, but nothing was overly spammed like lasers and kitties were in the previously chosen playlist, so it wasn't that frustrating trying to figure everything out. I think I accidentally gave it 3.5/5, but when I go back for A++s tonight I'll give it the higher rating that it deserves.

[Edit: Above is talking about solo, btw. Didn't play co-op]

Edited by artOFF1C1AL
  • Upvote 1

Played the solo, haven't beaten it yet. From what I played however, its great.

I also did the co-op, it was just as good.

Nice work 8Bitten and whoever else. :P

• Upvote 1

I played the solo playlist tonight. It was SUPER fun. A friend of mine was telling me to play the solo playlist because of how brutal it was at times. I think I want to go back and make sure to get all the gems and yarn in the solo because of how well designed the levels were. 

I could really tell that you really spent a lot of time understanding what was just at the outer limit of possible with BBT's platforming. Really stretched the limits of what could be done, made you think and even put in some new ideas like the poison bubbles on the ground and the rock activating the buttons.

My favorite community created solo Furbottom feature so far. LOVED IT. A++!! 

I also played the co-op levels which were also very very good. A++s all around :D

• Upvote 2