Crescendo 11

A++ Bar Completely Full

Just finished getting all A++ ranks on all levels in all four modes a few minutes ago.  My A++ bar is now shining, but sadly nothing else was unlocked.  I was expecting at least a new star head.  Oh well.

• Upvote 3

Just finished getting all A++ ranks on all levels in all four modes a few minutes ago.  My A++ bar is now shining, but sadly nothing else was unlocked.  I was expecting at least a new star head.  Oh well.

Congrats mate! I barely have the patience to A++ Insane Solo, let alone Insane Co-Op.

congrats mate, how long did it took you to accomplish this?

It was Insane co-op that took so long.  My friend and I started that back in April.  Chapter 8 was not fun.

congrats mate, how long did it took you to accomplish this?

It was Insane co-op that took so long. My friend and I started that back in April. Chapter 8 was not fun.

Glob, I can imagine that!

I've been working through insane mode on solo.

I played the new co-op feature online. It was a good feature, but man, my partner couldn't really pull it together. Fortunately, we still got all the way through it. It was fun overall.

I played the new co-op feature online. It was a good feature, but man, my partner couldn't really pull it together. Fortunately, we still got all the way through it. It was fun overall.

Tss, this game is not about fun! It's about hardcore diehard gaming!

I've got A++ on every level on normal solo up until chapter 6 where I gave up, and chapter 1 on insane co-op. I really thought I could do it on normal solo, but it really does take it out of you.

I've got A++ on every level on normal solo up until chapter 6 where I gave up, and chapter 1 on insane co-op. I really thought I could do it on normal solo, but it really does take it out of you.

Use acid bubbles as shortcuts frequently.  They levels and certain gems much easier.  You can also use the boomerang to grab gems and yarn balls from far away to save time.  For co-op, you and your partner should use acid bubbles extensively to fly through levels.  A lot of the co-op sections, such as throwing your partner across a gap or pulling them up a ledge, can be skipped or done solo simply by jumping off of acid bubbles.  This means you won't have to wait for each other and can move on ahead.  Releasing a frog bomb and jumping off of it can also be used to clear certain large gaps instead of waiting for your partner to throw you.  The darts from the dart gun can also be used to create ledges to make certain jumps easier or to climb up walls.

Use acid bubbles as shortcuts frequently.  They levels and certain gems much easier.  You can also use the boomerang to grab gems and yarn balls from far away to save time.  For co-op, you and your partner should use acid bubbles extensively to fly through levels.  A lot of the co-op sections, such as throwing your partner across a gap or pulling them up a ledge, can be skipped or done solo simply by jumping off of acid bubbles.  This means you won't have to wait for each other and can move on ahead.  Releasing a frog bomb and jumping off of it can also be used to clear certain large gaps instead of waiting for your partner to throw you.  The darts from the dart gun can also be used to create ledges to make certain jumps easier or to climb up walls.

Please allow me to add to this. I've earned an A++ on every single level just like you have, but I've earned an A++ in all levels* in Solo Co-op (complete Co-op levels with only one player - yourself) on both Normal and Insane. Most of what I'm going to tell you is related specifically to Solo Co-op, but you can use some of this info to become a more skilled player any time you play Story. (For those that don't like to read, I highlighted the more important things.)  ;-)

What I think is the most useful is Wall Huggers (Frogs) and Acid Bubble. Wall huggers are just as useful as acid bubbles, if not better, but a significant difference is that wall huggers are the only weapon-tool that can prevent triggered blocks from reappearing. This is extremely useful when trying to get past a triggered block obstacle when you don't have a teammate (nearby). Not only do frogs also serve the average function of acid bubbles (just acknowledge your surroundings - frogs stick to blocks), but they have another advantage of letting you get past a bridge with 2 (or 1.75 with spikes) block vertical room. However, one advantage the acid bubble has that frogs don't is that they can hit and explode explosive blocks. Acid bubbles are also better for scaling higher: using two bubbles would form a double bubble jump, thus allowing you to reach even higher.

Darts can be very helpful as well. You can stick a dart onto a variety of blocks, which can allow you to climb up blocks/walls. You can also use a unique technique darts have. If you shoot and stick a dart to a block directly in front of your character, you'll be able to actually jump on top of it from there. This is capable of developing a function similar to a ladder. From a distance, shoot a dart and stick it to a block and jump on it. By standing near the edge of these soon-to-be several darts, sticking another dart to the block in front of you will allow you to yet again jump on top of it. (This process can be repeated, of course.)

Boomerangs serve the function of grabbing gems/strawberries and yarn/pumpkin pies by just throwing it. This is useful when trying to earn A++'s or just trying to get a gem (or yarn, etc.), and can sometimes even save you some time. Keep in mind that boomerangs are lighter than your character and can fly higher if thrown directly into [a] fan(s). Another tip: your boomerang can't die (in other words, it won't directly cause you to revert to the start or a checkpoint), so you can throw it through spikes with no real threat.

Forceballs are experts at reaching massive heights/distances. If you're right up against a block (even if your character's moving vertically up), throwing a forceball will excessively send you up in the air. Another good thing forceballs can do is quickly launch your character diagonally and horizontally. This is great for getting over large gaps. A downside to this is that this can only work if you are standing on an ice block and beside another block. Here's how it all works: {right beside a block + throw forceball = vertical launch, right beside a block (while standing on ice) + forceball = diagonal launch, one block distance from block (while standing on ice) + forceball = horizontal launch}. Tip: forceballs can push characters (and cats) that are behind walls.

Paper airplanes surprisingly contribute to overcoming obstacles. Sometimes there will be a couple fans planning to push you into the spikes above. Well, if you throw an airplane at a good enough spot, it'll be pushed into the spikes and you'll be able to fly towards the plane and be safe beneath the spikes (yet being pushed by the fans). You can also do this on a normal (up-facing) spike gap. In some scenarios, you may be capable of controlling when a trigger is pushed: throw an airplane, bring it near a trigger (most likely to push a cat onto it), then detonate it when ready.

Dodgeballs may seem useless, but can be used to get past few obstacles. The dodgeball is one of the many things that are affected by fans. You can sometimes use that to your advantage, though. Throwing a dodgeball at/against a fan will cause it to be sent whatever direction the fan is facing, but if in the right circumstances, the ball can come back perhaps with a bit more speed and you'll have a chance to jump on/off it. The main use of dodgeballs is to jump off of them in tight places - get the right bounce and you can use it very well.

The ice cannon rarely has an effective result that relates to getting past obstacles, but can. Using the ice cannon to freeze yourself (or just being frozen from a cat) will enable you to move through the force of fans. If a fan is preventing you from getting through/past an obstacle, shoot the ice cannon to freeze yourself and it almost like the fan wasn't even there.

The fan and vacuum can even come in handy every now and then. Getting cats to stand on triggers (or let alone, any spot) can often be tricky. Using the fan or vacuum, moving the cat around gets a lot simpler.

With fireballs, you may be able to catch yourself on fire to launch out of water to reach higher platforms.

Landmines... I haven't really found any good thing they can do other than hitting and killing enemies. Same thing goes with grenades.

If you read all that, great for you - you now know more about many different ways you can use weapon-tools. Anyway, hope you all achieve some more goals in the Story from all this; good luck!

* with the exception of levels 2-7, 5-4, 5-E1, 6-6, 6-E1, 7-2, 8-4, 8-E1, and 8-E2

Please allow me to add to this. I've earned an A++ on every single level just like you have, but I've earned an A++ in all levels* in Solo Co-op (complete Co-op levels with only one player - yourself) on both Normal and Insane. Most of what I'm going to tell you is related specifically to Solo Co-op, but you can use some of this info to become a more skilled player any time you play Story. (For those that don't like to read, I highlighted the more important things.)  ;-)

What I think is the most useful is Wall Huggers (Frogs) and Acid Bubble. Wall huggers are just as useful as acid bubbles, if not better, but a significant difference is that wall huggers are the only weapon-tool that can prevent triggered blocks from reappearing. This is extremely useful when trying to get past a triggered block obstacle when you don't have a teammate (nearby). Not only do frogs also serve the average function of acid bubbles (just acknowledge your surroundings - frogs stick to blocks), but they have another advantage of letting you get past a bridge with 2 (or 1.75 with spikes) block vertical room. However, one advantage the acid bubble has that frogs don't is that they can hit and explode explosive blocks. Acid bubbles are also better for scaling higher: using two bubbles would form a double bubble jump, thus allowing you to reach even higher.

Darts can be very helpful as well. You can stick a dart onto a variety of blocks, which can allow you to climb up blocks/walls. You can also use a unique technique darts have. If you shoot and stick a dart to a block directly in front of your character, you'll be able to actually jump on top of it from there. This is capable of developing a function similar to a ladder. From a distance, shoot a dart and stick it to a block and jump on it. By standing near the edge of these soon-to-be several darts, sticking another dart to the block in front of you will allow you to yet again jump on top of it. (This process can be repeated, of course.)

Boomerangs serve the function of grabbing gems/strawberries and yarn/pumpkin pies by just throwing it. This is useful when trying to earn A++'s or just trying to get a gem (or yarn, etc.), and can sometimes even save you some time. Keep in mind that boomerangs are lighter than your character and can fly higher if thrown directly into [a] fan(s). Another tip: your boomerang can't die (in other words, it won't directly cause you to revert to the start or a checkpoint), so you can throw it through spikes with no real threat.

Forceballs are experts at reaching massive heights/distances. If you're right up against a block (even if your character's moving vertically up), throwing a forceball will excessively send you up in the air. Another good thing forceballs can do is quickly launch your character diagonally and horizontally. This is great for getting over large gaps. A downside to this is that this can only work if you are standing on an ice block and beside another block. Here's how it all works: {right beside a block + throw forceball = vertical launch, right beside a block (while standing on ice) + forceball = diagonal launch, one block distance from block (while standing on ice) + forceball = horizontal launch}. Tip: forceballs can push characters (and cats) that are behind walls.

Paper airplanes surprisingly contribute to overcoming obstacles. Sometimes there will be a couple fans planning to push you into the spikes above. Well, if you throw an airplane at a good enough spot, it'll be pushed into the spikes and you'll be able to fly towards the plane and be safe beneath the spikes (yet being pushed by the fans). You can also do this on a normal (up-facing) spike gap. In some scenarios, you may be capable of controlling when a trigger is pushed: throw an airplane, bring it near a trigger (most likely to push a cat onto it), then detonate it when ready.

Dodgeballs may seem useless, but can be used to get past few obstacles. The dodgeball is one of the many things that are affected by fans. You can sometimes use that to your advantage, though. Throwing a dodgeball at/against a fan will cause it to be sent whatever direction the fan is facing, but if in the right circumstances, the ball can come back perhaps with a bit more speed and you'll have a chance to jump on/off it. The main use of dodgeballs is to jump off of them in tight places - get the right bounce and you can use it very well.

The ice cannon rarely has an effective result that relates to getting past obstacles, but can. Using the ice cannon to freeze yourself (or just being frozen from a cat) will enable you to move through the force of fans. If a fan is preventing you from getting through/past an obstacle, shoot the ice cannon to freeze yourself and it almost like the fan wasn't even there.

The fan and vacuum can even come in handy every now and then. Getting cats to stand on triggers (or let alone, any spot) can often be tricky. Using the fan or vacuum, moving the cat around gets a lot simpler.

With fireballs, you may be able to catch yourself on fire to launch out of water to reach higher platforms.

Landmines... I haven't really found any good thing they can do other than hitting and killing enemies. Same thing goes with grenades.

If you read all that, great for you - you now know more about many different ways you can use weapon-tools. Anyway, hope you all achieve some more goals in the Story from all this; good luck!

* with the exception of levels 2-7, 5-4, 5-E1, 6-6, 6-E1, 7-2, 8-4, 8-E1, and 8-E2

I read it all, and im surprised on how someone can know all of this, you are truly like an expert! I also never knew you could reach gems or yarn with the boomerang. Glad I learned something new about my favorite game!

I can confirm that Chapter 8: Encore 2 can be soloed in insane co-op mode with strategic use of the dart gun in the top right corner section of the map.  After riding the two animal blocks to the left wall shoot a dart at the left wall.  Jump on it, then jump in the air and shoot a second dart at the wall, making sure it is high enough so you can jump above the saw blade without hitting it.  After reaching the top, you will reach a section where your partner would normally have to throw you to the right.  Instead, shoot a dart directly in from of you so it hits the wall directly below the saw blade, and jump on.  Now the fun part.  Know how you can sometimes land on the corner of a spike block without dying?  Yeah.  Double jump over the saw blade and try to aim for the left corner of the spike block.  It's easier than it sounds and with a bit of practice, it can be done consistently.  After landing, shoot a dart at the wall in front of you (the blocks that disappear after hitting the switch) and use it to climb over to the switch.  After stepping on it, the animal block will move to the left, then back to the right.  AS SOON as the animal block begins to enter the area where the two black blocks were, jump over the saw blade and IMMEADIATELY start hugging the right wall.  As long as you hold right, you'll be able to reach the checkpoint without hitting the spikes every time.  As this part of the level is the hardest, I recommend doing it first.  The rest of the level is relatively easy.

I can confirm that Chapter 8: Encore 2 can be soloed in insane co-op mode with strategic use of the dart gun in the top right corner section of the map. After riding the two animal blocks to the left wall shoot a dart at the left wall. Jump on it, then jump in the air and shoot a second dart at the wall, making sure it is high enough so you can jump above the saw blade without hitting it. After reaching the top, you will reach a section where your partner would normally have to throw you to the right. Instead, shoot a dart directly in from of you so it hits the wall directly below the saw blade, and jump on. Now the fun part. Know how you can sometimes land on the corner of a spike block without dying? Yeah. Double jump over the saw blade and try to aim for the left corner of the spike block. It's easier than it sounds and with a bit of practice, it can be done consistently. After landing, shoot a dart at the wall in front of you (the blocks that disappear after hitting the switch) and use it to climb over to the switch. After stepping on it, the animal block will move to the left, then back to the right. AS SOON as the animal block begins to enter the area where the two black blocks were, jump over the saw blade and IMMEADIATELY start hugging the right wall. As long as you hold right, you'll be able to reach the checkpoint without hitting the spikes every time. As this part of the level is the hardest, I recommend doing it first. The rest of the level is relatively easy.

Ok, so what do we have?: A dart gun, a strategy, skills for the spike block thing, now to get to chapter 8 in co-op...

I on chapter 5 on solo insane mode and so far i havent had to redo any level and havent died once and to top it all off ive goten A++on every level.

Okay you're really good at BBT, or you love lying!

I on chapter 5 on solo insane mode and so far i havent had to redo any level and havent died once and to top it all off ive goten A++on every level.

Chapter 7 is where you'll start ripping your hair out.

This. I don't remember having any trouble with Chapters 1-6, but 7 and Vault... I remember those troubles.

Okay you're really good at BBT, or you love lying!

Im not lying I just practised on normal story mode thean do the chapter on insane afterwards.

I know im practising on normal for 6 so hopefuly I can ceep my strick.

Edited by alianhomeaid456