Firecatch

Battleblock Theater - Tips, Tricks And Random Facts

Are YOU stuck on a level?

Are YOU looking to be all fancy and create power-up specific levels?

Do YOU want to cheat BE REALLY GOOD/OKAY/MEDIOCRE/TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME?

Well look no further, as your prayers have been answered!...Unless you're an atheist, then I guess it's "Your questions"...but, what if they didn't pray in the first pla-

ANYWAY, YEAH. GO READ THAT DOWN BELOW. YEAH. DOWN THERE. NOT HERE. STOP READING. NOW. OKAY, NOW. DUDE. STOP. THIS ISN'T FUNNY.

• If you shoot a dart at a wall and then - while on it - shoot another, it will usually stick just above the previous one. Repeat this to create a "dart elevator", letting you reach places you can't normally get to without traversing through the level first. 

• The frog can be used as a moving platform by making it walk across spikes and water.

• When you jump on the top of an acid bubble, it will give you an extra boost, as well as the ability to jump once in the air, even if you used a double jump to get on top of it.

• The dodgeball is the only weapon that can't harm you or your partner (Such as stunning, knocking back or killing them).

• If you are frozen by an ice cannon, fans cannot push you back/are weaker.

• Power slides will knock grenades in the opposite direction.

• If you come in contact with water while on fire,  you will be launched up (and extinguished) instead of drowning.

• If you use a force ball while near (and facing) a wall, you will be propelled upwards.

• The plane cylinder head is the only animated head in the gift shop.

• The name of the bear (appearing in the Hall of Dudes and in the ending) is "Honey Hug". This can be seen on a poster on the wall of the outside area before Act 7.

• If you stay in the Hall of Dudes long enough to let the music finish, you will hear the narrator say; "Just a reminder, anyone trying to escape will be executed on the spot. Good day!"

• If you stand in front of the phone to the right of Act 8, the phone on the table beside Hatty will ring.

• The explosion caused by a suicide can kill enemies and your partner.

• It is possible to stand on players climbing on ladders, as well as enemies and players drowning.

• It is possible to see another set of paintings in the Hall of Dudes by having two players pan the camera out father than usual.

• To the left of Chapter 6, there is a painting of a cat. If you look at this painting for a few seconds, it's eyes will move.

• While holding onto a ladder that is on the left side of a block, if you you hold right and left down at the same time (using both the directional pad and analog stick), your character will quickly flicker between falling off the ladder and getting back onto it.

• Ice blocks will slide you over 1-block gaps.

(Note: If any of these are wrong, please inform me. You can also suggest anything I could add to the list below!)

Special Thanks:

This is where I will post the names of anyone who has contributed to the list.

• CaptainBubbles
  • Whale Smith
  • Memor
Edited by Firecatch
  • Upvote 2

Well look no further, as your prayers have been answered!...Unless you're an atheist, then I guess it's "Your questions"...but, what if they didn't pray in the first pla-

ANYWAY, YEAH. GO READ THAT DOWN BELOW. YEAH. DOWN THERE. NOT HERE. STOP READING. NOW. OKAY, NOW. DUDE. STOP. THIS ISN'T FUNNY.

• If you shoot a dart at a wall and then - while on it - shoot another, it will usually stick just above the previous one. Repeat this to create a "dart elevator", letting you reach places you can't normally get to without traversing through the level first. 

• The frog can be used as a moving platform by making it walk across spikes and water.

• When you jump on the top of an acid bubble, it will give you an extra boost, as well as the ability to jump once in the air, even if you used a double jump to get on top of it.

• The dodgeball is the only weapon that can't harm you or your partner (Such as stunning, knocking back or killing them).

• If you come in contact with water while on fire,  you will be launched up (and extinguished) instead of drowning.

• If you use a force ball while near (and facing) a wall, you will be propelled upwards.

• The name of the bear (appearing in the Hall of Dudes and in the ending) is "Honey Hug". This can be seen on a poster on the wall of the outside area before Act 7.

• If you stay in the Hall of Dudes long enough to let the music finish, you will hear the narrator say; "Just a reminder, anyone trying to escape will be executed on the spot. Good day!"

• If you stand in front of the phone to the right of Act 8, the phone on the table beside Hatty will ring.

• It is possible to stand on players climbing on ladders, as well as enemies and players drowning.

(Note: If any of these are wrong, please inform me. You can also suggest anything I could add to the list below!)

P.S: I believe its possible to see (or at least, partially) another set of paintings in the Hall of Dudes by having two players stand at either end of the room. I can't confirm this however, as I have yet to unlock the Act 8 finale level yet on my co-op playthrough.

Special Thanks:

On the P.S thing, It is true that there are another set of painting if you stand on your partners head, So yes I can confirm that.

P.S: I believe its possible to see (or at least, partially) another set of paintings in the Hall of Dudes by having two players stand at either end of the room. I can't confirm this however, as I have yet to unlock the Act 8 finale level yet on my co-op playthrough.

Special Thanks:

On the P.S thing, It is true that there are another set of painting if you stand on your partners head, So yes I can confirm that.

Thank you for your assistance.

If you grab onto a bar which is on the left side of the block, and hold down right on the D-pad, AND hold the left analog stick left at the same time, your guy will glitch out and have a spasm.

Did you know that the easiest gem source is challenge on single-player mode? 

FunWithFans on local challenge is the easiest and quickest.

Did you know that level is fun with fans oops the big secret is out. O MY GOSH Memor beat me to my post.

Edited by Cpt Deluxable

no its the second to last map

Maybe so but when you finish FunWithFans it takes you back to the hub so you can just enter back in straight away so it saves a lot of time.

>> 

Maybe so but when you finish FunWithFans it takes you back to the hub so you can just enter back in straight away so it saves a lot of time.

the second to last map (solooperation) takes 22 sec.  and when your finished with the map if you press the Y button it will let you play the same map again.

• It is possible to see another set of paintings in the Hall of Dudes by having two players pan the camera out father than usual.

• To the left of Chapter 6, there is a painting of a cat. If you look at this painting for a few seconds, it's eyes will move.

• While holding onto a ladder that is on the left side of a block, if you you hold right and left down at the same time (using both the directional pad and analog stick), your character will quickly flicker between falling off the ladder and getting back onto it.

• Ice blocks will slide you over 1-block gaps.

Special Thanks:

• CaptainBubbles
  • Whale Smith
  • Memor

There are actually more animated non-star heads! There is a square cat head that resembles an old cat clock and its eyes/pupils move back and fourth every so often. Also there is a cylinder bunny head that's nose wiggles resembling the bunny is sniffing something. I can be sure more of them have small animations but I never really look. Maybe you can find them all!