Sign in to follow this  
Rocknrolla365

Limiting The Imagination

is it possible to remove the limitation for things like spike blocks and other blocks also. Also could there be an interval adjuster on the lasers and also the automated cat weapon users this way could come up with much more interesting clear patterns. This would allow for much more use of the lasers other than random occurrences they would actually become part of the schematic of the level. Lastly could we get the option to change the direction of the saws ? i feel that level editing is the heart of battleblock theater but its becoming so focused around the heads its sad. If the tools at the editors disposal were maybe given more utility we may see more levels being made. Don't get me wrong this game is amazing in my opinion i just want to see the boom of creativity that i feel this game encourages. What are some of you're thoughts ?

is it possible to remove the limitation for things like spike blocks and other blocks also. Also could there be an interval adjuster on the lasers and also the automated cat weapon users this way could come up with much more interesting clear patterns. This would allow for much more use of the lasers other than random occurrences they would actually become part of the schematic of the level. Lastly could we get the option to change the direction of the saws ? i feel that level editing is the heart of battleblock theater but its becoming so focused around the heads its sad. If the tools at the editors disposal were maybe given more utility we may see more levels being made. Don't get me wrong this game is amazing in my opinion i just want to see the boom of creativity that i feel this game encourages. What are some of you're thoughts ?

Are you complaining that the game needs to be easier? Or you can't make levels? Either you are bad at this game, or YOUR the one that's not creative enough. Plus, the heads are a FEATURE. There are more than 300 heads for a reason.

Are you complaining that the game needs to be easier? Or you can't make levels? Either you are bad at this game, or YOUR the one that's not creative enough. Plus, the heads are a FEATURE. There are more than 300 heads for a reason.

He wasn't complaining about anything... He just wants more tools in the level editor, and I agree, it would be nice.

With more tools (and he's asking for specifics, like buzzsaw speed or timed laser), it would only make the game harder if anything. That's fine with you, right?

From what I read, it's the actual opposite of that...he wants more stuff to express his creativity more...Also, the game was built around level design WAY more than heads.  Everyone who was around before it came out knows that.  The heads were just a customization option that they threw in along with the rest of the game.  Dan said himself that he's surprised that it's pretty much the main focus of the game among the community, since it wasn't even a big deal in testing.

I, for one, would love to be able to change the speed and intervals of the different things such as the lasers.  Not that it really matters, since I haven't even completed my first playlist yet.

The limitations are there for game mechanics and lag. If they could I'm sure they would allow more. Use saws for ceiling and water for floor if you run out of spikes.

Use switch blocks and a closed off saw to create less laser or cat weapon usage.

Put saws on the edge of their path to determine their first direction.

There's are new levels being made everyday. Most people playing this are kids and either don't have the time, patience, or mental ability to create good levels. The levels that are good get downvoted because the kids can't beat them (sometimes even reported just to remove the playlist out of anger), while levels with one floor, huge open space, and a few buzzsaws on the ground, followed by a row of strawberries get above four stars.

Do you know how off-putting and depressing it is when you take your time to create levels similar in difficulty and diversity to the story, only to get bad ratings, hate messages, and sudden playlist removals? A lot of people probably don't want to waste their time with the community we have currently. Why make a well thought out playlist when all people want is every level to be like a secret level or simpler?

• Upvote 2