Behemoth_Erin

[2-Aug-13] Arena Feature: Ba-Dunk Ba-Dunk

During yesterday's "Design with the Devs", we level designers at The Behemoth pitted three excellent Arena playlists against each other, survival of the fittest style.

Shocking twist: we were the ones who didn't survive. Hurray for respawns!

You can find it here: http://www.twitch.tv/thebehemoth/b/439376694

And the results?

Well, arrivederci (or should that be "Arenaderci"?) to "Mix n Mash", and say hello "test 2"!

Playlist: test 2

Designer: EC Nebur

Even if the playlist name wasn't a dead give away, it was quite clear to us that EC Nebur had put this playlist through its paces, testing these levels into a thick lather, and then rinsing and repeating. And because of that, Ol' Neb didn't only deliver a playlist full of cool new ideas, but they were delivered with a glossy, thick coat of polish as well.

Take, for instance, this auto-dodge-ball-chucker in the middle of this Ball court.

test1.jpg

Without overwhelming the player with a tidal wave of spiky/burny death, this level changes up the way you'll play, especially if you and your teammate are ball-passing pros.

Another favorite of ours was this stairway of acid bubbles, as not only could it be used when slam dunking, but with a well placed slam it was the perfect way to melt your opponents hands right off of the ball!

test2.jpg

And here's an idea I've been kicking myself for not thinking of myself: Duckshark goalies! Adding a bit of a timing requirement to your shots, this combo is subtle but full of refreshment. Just add fans!

test3.jpg

Now get to dunking while the dunking's good you lunks!

[Arena Feature 2-AUG-13]

• Upvote 1

These maps are very different then what they had before. The last pictured map is definitely the hardest. I can never tell when the fans are on or not!

e8ip.jpg

Whoa... Is this legit? I just signed onto bbt to get this and it didn't show up. Looks really cool though.

e8ip.jpg

Whoa... Is this legit? I just signed onto bbt to get this and it didn't show up. Looks really cool though.

Looks like a well-done fake to me.

e8ip.jpg

And to think I fell for it.

e8ip.jpg

And to think I fell for it.

Yea, its fake. Notice how the "Free with purchase" is too dark around the edges and doesn't look right. Pretty cool looking though :/