RaiiDeN x7

Shouldnt There Be More Game Types

Uhhh...no?

Please, continue this thought. Why do you think there shouldn't be any additional game types?

Because there's already a ton of game modes in the game, and it also isn't Call of Duty.

• Upvote 2

Uhhh...no?

Please, continue this thought. Why do you think there shouldn't be any additional game types?

Because there's already a ton of game modes in the game, and it also isn't Call of Duty.

Well mister pocket, I don't see the downside to adding more game modes. It means more content, which is always fun, more replay value which means more monetary value to a game as well, and it adds more ways for players to express themselves in creation mode (or whatever it's called). Also, if you're not happy with it, you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

So I'm going to side with mister backup sidekick and ask you to elaborate on your opinion.

I always thought that maybe something like a Free for all or Last man standing game mode WOULD be nice, But I do agree that the game might just have enough game modes.

I think a dodgeball mode, survival, and maybe a mode where you just beat hordes of cats up would be fun. Or a map edit and play mode where one team edits the map while the other team tried to stay alive as long as possible would be cool.  Give each map item a point value and you can only spend so many points before the other team wins.  Maybe lock certain items like the robot and give each item a time delay before it is placed so the defensive team has time to react.

Uhhh...no?

Well mister pocket, I don't see the downside to adding more game modes. It means more content, which is always fun, more replay value which means more monetary value to a game as well, and it adds more ways for players to express themselves in creation mode (or whatever it's called). Also, if you're not happy with it, you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

So I'm going to side with mister backup sidekick and ask you to elaborate on your opinion.

The only problem I have with many game modes is that I'm afraid it'll go the way of Castle Crashers.  Once BBT loses people after a year or two, then many of the game modes will be dead, and the developers hard work will have gone to waste, which is a shame.  I honestly thought that same thing when the game first came out.  It seemed like there were too many game modes then, adding even more seems like overkill to me.

Uhhh...no?

The only problem I have with many game modes is that I'm afraid it'll go the way of Castle Crashers.  Once BBT loses people after a year or two, then many of the game modes will be dead, and the developers hard work will have gone to waste, which is a shame.  I honestly thought that same thing when the game first came out.  It seemed like there were too many game modes then, adding even more seems like overkill to me.

What if they rotated out some of the game modes that aren't being played often currently?  I can see how what you are saying would cause a problem.  I will probably never complete N+ because no one plays online anymore, I think the popularity and level editor should help replayability though.

Edited by Backup sidekick

Uhhh...no?

What if they rotated out some of the game modes that aren't being played often currently?  I can see how what you are saying would cause a problem.  I will probably never complete N+ because no one plays online anymore, I think the popularity and level editor should help replayability though.

Well, why would they take out the other game modes, all of them are fun in there own way, even grab the gold which I can admit can get annoying but it's still a lovable game mode along with all the others.

Uhhh...no?

Well, why would they take out the other game modes, all of them are fun in there own way, even grab the gold which I can admit can get annoying but it's still a lovable game mode along with all the others.

Well.. Dear sir lord mister pocket (someone, give me more titles to add, I'm running out of titles to add to his name) although I can see how it would seem like a waste of hard work, eventually people will leave, that is a fact. However by adding new game modes you add replayability and lengthen the amount of time people will stay. More content = people stay for a longer time. So what is more of a waste, 4 years (or even more, hell I don't know) of hard work and for people to leave after a year or so. or another 3-6 months (I presume, hell I don't know the specifics at all, do I?) and for people to stay on average for a while longer. Plus, the fact that sites like joystiq write an article about every new starhead coming out, how do you think they will react to a whole new game mode? That might result in a tiny media blast which could get a bunch of more people to buy bbt.

Of course it's a shame if hard work goes to waste, however it doesn't mean you shouldn't make more content. Castle Crashers might have lived on for a while longer if the behemoth made more dlc, but on the other hand we probably wouldn't have bbt right now if that were the case. So for one game to die out and another game to be born, or should one game live for a long while longer and would the other game be delayed... Which seems more like a waste of time to you? I personally don't know.

The other problem is that if they replace other game modes with different ones what will happen to the leader boards? Will all of the top 10( maybe even more then that) people will lose all of there hard work of getting to where they are on them? If that does happen BBT might even LOSE people because of all their hard work and time going to waste.

All games eventually die out. When they do, another game is born(like what Koen said). The problem with that is will a new game be released a year or 2 AFTER BBT dies out? Or will it be released prior to it dying out?

Edited by keiserkool
  • Upvote 1

What about a dart tag game you use the dart to tag people with

Something like that can be interesting but then everyone would have to use the dart gun.

yea only if there was a way they an automatically put the dart gun on you

What about a dart tag game you use the dart to tag people with

Something like that can be interesting but then everyone would have to use the dart gun.

I'm creating maps for dart tag games

The reason I play BBT is because it's not like CoD. Plus isn't King of the Hill close enough? If they were to add anything, the only reasonable thing would be a free-for-all. It wouldn't really take away from the other game modes too much, and it's something simple. 

They should take grab the gold off since there's not even a leader board for it

For goodness sakes, why do you people insist on taking out Grab the Gold, it is personally one of my favorites and it holds one of the game's greatest mascots, the Golden Whale.

How about a mode where one of the four players are "it" and their screen is dark for the most part, but their speed increases... and when you tag someone, you gain a point and the tagged becomes the "tagger". I think that would be fun.