Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Chapter 8 Encores On Insane Mode

Does anybody have any pointers on clearing them? For the life of me, I can't pass them on Insane Mode. I had no problems beating the Encores up to this point, but I'm at a loss. :0

If I remember right... One of them was luck for me. You have to take your time and not get hit by cannon fire.

I have no pointers for that one... You just eventually figure out the timing.

I believe the encore next to the final stage is the one where you have limited time. The exit is up the middle and you have to go right to open a set of blocks...then you go left to open some more blocks. Then you continue up the middle to the exit. On that one, practice is the key. I went to the right first because that stupid cat with the grenade makes it a pain.

Sorry I don't have much advice....other than practice, patience, and a little luck.

Howdy Ace, since I'm a bit responsible for some of madness that is Insane Ch.8, I thought I'd drop some insights from the inside. Since Encore 3 is the one that usually seems the most impossible, I'll stick to that for now by offering 2 secrets:

The first is that you need to get your zen on; strangely enough, every time I see someone get through it on one run it's either their first or second attempt (before they get their game face on), or after their thirtieth (and they've given up). The more people tense up and rush with it, the harder it gets... which was a big part of why I liked the level :)

The second secret is the reason why going to your happy place works in the first place: you have more time on the explosive blocks than you think you do. And because of that extra time, you can almost always wait the extra moment you need to not jump face first into a wall of cannon-fire.

I'm not saying it's easy (it wouldn't be all that great at being the most difficult challenge in the game then, would it?), but hopefully that helps :D