Sign in to follow this  
Sully

Ugh

It's been a while since I've posted around here. I was really active when CC was first released, having created my own CC wiki before I was one of the first admins on Castlepedia. I don't even want to think about how many hundreds of hours I spent both playing Castle Crashers and working on Castlepedia.

I hadn't played the game in quite some time, but I recently started playing again with my daughters. Apparently, a patch added a feature to reset all save data in addition to resetting individual characters to level 1. I didn't realize this until just now when I wanted to revert a character to level 1 to play with my kids. I was half paying attention and I chose to reset save data instead. 

I guess it's not that big of a deal considering how infrequently I play the game, but I'm a little sad that I lost everything. I had every weapon and pet, every character unlocked, and most characters at level 50+. I'm a little bummed out that this sort of a "feature" was added without a major confirmation process. In fairness, I wasn't paying close attention when I went to reset a character, but I never expected that using 'x' instead of 'y' would have such drastic consequences =/

Welcome back to the forums first of all.

And yes it seems that lot's of people have been fooled by the X and Y thing, I lost count of how many people deleted their save data, but you know accidents happen. And it's best to move on, play the game for enjoyment every so often if you please, or work to get your levels back, it's your choice.

Hey sully, welcome back.

I'm the guy who took over the castlepedia after you left, can't say it's been in a good shape lately. We had to lock it down for normal users because of all the spambots. Imagine an average of 144 new spam-pages per hour excluding the spam-pages that were being auto-blocked using the latest anti-spam add-ons.

I'm sorry to hear what's happened to your in-game progress. You're not the first by far and you probably won't be the last either. I still believe the behemoth should put in a confirmation pop-up and fully explain the consequences of the feature being selected.

I do remember you Sully.

It's been quite some time.

Enjoy your stay here!

Also it is sad that you did lose everything when all you wanted to do was reset one character.

Still, a loss is a loss unfortunately and can't be returned so quickly.

I just hope your daughters aren't upset over this though.

:3

That's too bad.  At least now you can have a fresh start with your children though!  Awhile ago I had pretty much everything unlocked on my Xbox's version of CC, but my old account was hacked and I was never able to recover it after xbox's "You must be signed in as the person who purchased the arcade game to play it."  Now I have started over on PC and it's a refreshing but disappointing experience.  Basically, I know that feel, bro.

wOcwABd.jpg