TallishMass

Prevent Scams In The Gift Shop!

I often find a lot of people on xbox 360 Battleblock Theater getting scammed, I have not been scammed yet, so I have tested some strategies I made to prevent scamming.   The first thing you and other players will notice is a big deal, the starheads.

• Remember not to do a trade that is over 100 gems, that can easily scam somebody, instead, try to trade 100 gems or under.
  • Another idea is to listen to how desperate the other players are for a certain trade, the more desperate they are, the better chance a fair trade can be made.

If you have any ideas, please tell me.

I use my formula to prevent scammers.  It is called the DTF, also known to me as the Defensive Trade Formula.

Formula: Item value is a scale of how much you value and item 0 through 100. Desperateness is how much you want an item 0 through 100.  Fair trade % = 80% value of other item + desperateness * 0.50 + value of your item divided by 10.  Example:  value of item is 60. 80% of 60 is 48. I want an item for 100 desperateness. 48 + 100 = 148. 148 * 0.50= 74. My item value is 80. 80 divided by 10 = 8. 74 + 8 = 82% fair trade. Example 2: value is 100. 80% of 100 is 80. I want an item for 100 desperateness. 80 + 100 = 180. 180* 0.5 = 90. My item value is 100. 100 divided by 10 = 10. 90 + 10 = 100% fair trade.

You don't need to go into this much maths If you think there a scammer you can not just trade with them. Almost everyone charges for the gift shop as soon as a match starts doesn't mean there desperate. At the moment there is no possible way of determining if you will get scammed when trading over 100 gems so normally just trade for 100 or less that's how I got most of my heads.

You don't need to go into this much maths If you think there a scammer you can not just trade with them. Almost everyone charges for the gift shop as soon as a match starts doesn't mean there desperate. At the moment there is no possible way of determining if you will get scammed when trading over 100 gems so normally just trade for 100 or less that's how I got most of my heads.

The funny thing is, I use this method most of the time, asking how desperate the player is for an item, this formula works for me though. They are desperate at some points for an item, I ask them on a scale of 0-100, how much they want the item. The sad thing is there is always a chance to get scammed no matter what we do. But this did help me understand more about scammers.

You have to realise that a lot of the people that play this game are kids.

Sorry about this then, I would like to however try to get less people scammed, No matter what age they are. I just wondered if I could ever help the community. Thanks for the feedback, it was very tasty. :| . The formula is also for another game, Dungeon Defenders, but also for this game.

I often find a lot of people on xbox 360 Battleblock Theater getting scammed, I have not been scammed yet, so I have tested some strategies I made to prevent scamming.   The first thing you and other players will notice is a big deal, the starheads.

• Remember not to do a trade that is over 100 gems, that can easily scam somebody, instead, try to trade 100 gems or under.
  • Another idea is to listen to how desperate the other players are for a certain trade, the more desperate they are, the better chance a fair trade can be made.

If you have any ideas, please tell me.

I use my formula to prevent scammers.  It is called the DTF, also known to me as the Defensive Trade Formula.

Formula: Item value is a scale of how much you value and item 0 through 100. Desperateness is how much you want an item 0 through 100.  Fair trade % = 80% value of other item + desperateness * 0.50 + value of your item divided by 10.  Example:  value of item is 60. 80% of 60 is 48. I want an item for 100 desperateness. 48 + 100 = 148. 148 * 0.50= 74. My item value is 80. 80 divided by 10 = 8. 74 + 8 = 82% fair trade. Example 2: value is 100. 80% of 100 is 80. I want an item for 100 desperateness. 80 + 100 = 180. 180* 0.5 = 90. My item value is 100. 100 divided by 10 = 10. 90 + 10 = 100% fair trade.

WOW!  can a mod pinn this?

The way I avoid scamming= not trading, its as simple as that.

I know some players need the star heads but for me, and other people who have everything this isn't a problem :P

Yeah, all I need is winston and once I get him (Most likely tomorrow) I have a feeling the scamming will go away :D. Then again, then the begging begins... D:

• Upvote 1

I know some players need the star heads but for me, and other people who have everything this isn't a problem :P

The moment I saw this thread I rushed into it to write "Just don't!" 

Well played, keiserkool, well played. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, all I need is winston and once I get him (Most likely tomorrow) I have a feeling the scamming will go away :D. Then again, then the begging begins... D:

Yea, once I got winston thats all I ever heard about in the gift shop. Kids going "GIVE ME THE DOG I WANT IT SO BAD PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE". Sometimes its pretty funny how much people freak out but then its also annoying at the same time :/. I got into a game in the gift shop, went up a floor to trading, and these guys were in the middle of trading and when they saw I had winston the left and started hitting me over to the next booth...

I'm never able to get into a game wearing winston where people don't want to trade for it. Thats why I use the new FatKid head or the snail when I play. 

The moment I saw this thread I rushed into it to write "Just don't!" 

Well played, keiserkool, well played. 

Will this be helpful for people who do like to trade? It may be the best idea for people who need to get in the gift shop, then get out.  It is true in both worlds there are scammers.

Yea, but most of the times people don't think about how much the head is or if its a good trade is on their part, they just want the head...

Edited by keiserkool

Yea, but most of the times people don't think about how much the head is or if its a good trade is on their part, they just want the head...

That is why we must ask them on a scale of how much they want it. There is definitely scammers out there, but also other people who may be suspicious while trading with. Like a hot dog in blue jeans.

Or, you know, you could just use basic common sense before agreeing to the trade. All you have to do is look at what you offered, and then look at what they offered, and finally click the confirm button twice before trading. 

There's no way that you could possibly get traded something different than what you thought unless you pay zero attention to the trade while it's going on.

Ok hold up now. Let me get this straight.

BattleBlock is on other platforms? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Ok hold up now. Let me get this straight.

BattleBlock is on other platforms? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Ooops, sorry! All I can say is I hope for it to come on other platforms for other players.