Sign in to follow this  
EvilHat

Science!

Apparently there's no topic for science on here! This is why america is 31st in this catagory. Have anything scientific to say or share, post it!

In related news, comet ISON ( Coming in november) is predicted to be the best comet of the century. Are you exited?

I AM!

Ok, I won't spoil it. Unless you wanna be spoiled :D

In more news, do you think that the kelper space tellescope will create more distinctive and detailed pictures or exo planets, galaxies, other space bodies, and possibly the very first clear pictures of pluto? Or will there be a problem and the mission will fail?

I often think about existence on a large scale.  Like, what if nothing existed, what would exist?  Nothing cam't exist if there's nothing, because nothing is the absence of something, which doesn't exist, then.  It's really hard to think about and I get into a trance when I do.

Nope, theyre on the inside. The "seeds" on the outside arent really seeds.

This reminds me: bananas are technically berries. I forget what the criteria is, something about the seed, but yeah. Pretty cool.

Nope, theyre on the inside. The "seeds" on the outside arent really seeds.

This reminds me: bananas are technically berries. I forget what the criteria is, something about the seed, but yeah. Pretty cool.

We've come full circle to my point about coconuts being fruit a couple months ago.

My personal favorite part of science is really just when you get your beaker tubes and those other beaker like tube things that are skinny towards the top and round towards the bottom (just how I like my women) and then you get the variety of chemicals such as and extending to but not limited to but also in allegiance with Jerry Springer in order to cook the variety of powders and sudafeds that are necessary to create a tasty concoction of meth but not necessarily of the blue variety because Breaking Bad albeit a very fascinating show is not necessarily the most accurate but not that I think about it or have personally cooked meth before not really something I want to try or anything but I do consider myself a man of science and all that jazz ya know because really I know Tom Hanks I know John Travolta is that how you spell John Travolta I can't say his name without thinking of Kelso's impression of him in That 70's Show which is also a show about drugs although they smoked weed as opposed to cook meth which are both a part of science you wouldn't believe how much I used the scientific method and the 3rd law in my attempts of having a good time through science because you need the various medication and concoctions to create a volcano for your 5th grade biology class science fair class which is why I watch so much Jerry Springer this late/early because hey there are some pretty notable emotional volcanoes erupting on that show if ya know what I'm saying and isn't there also a dragon in Castle Crashers with a little sock puppet hand and oh my God does that science or what I mean dammit I hate it when I'm watching the CW and instead of Jerry Springer it's paid programming but hey I've been searching all over Florida for a different kinda science if ya know what I'm saying more like a "chemistry" per say, specifically looking chemistry with a girl because let's face it our brains cause emotions using chemicals and sometimes we just need a beautiful woman to stimulate your brain to cause those chemicals and isn't that what science is really all about like really ABGB or gtfo is the scientific method that Langerhans taught the world through peace love happy science and most importantly acid laced because lets face it if a beautiful woman comes up to you and says "my friend wants to bang you" then jump on it Grant I mean c'mon I know we all get nervous but dude anyway I'm sorry that's kinda science but not the best science the best science is how Half-Life 3 is not at all about science which makes you question which in itself is a science and by reading my post from 3 years ago you gain +1 Science and +3 Gold in all cities if you ever play Civilization Revolution for the Xbox 360 but the Playstation 3 version will not receive this update srrynotsrry as the twitter users say and just think about how much science twitter uses oh my God if you think about it we could be saving millions of science per year if we cut back the amount of science was used for twitter I could use all that science to power a mini fridge I tell you what but really my favorite part of science is when you examine skin cells under a microscope because those questions are really easy to cheat on because it's like a picture book and damn do I love picture books just kidding I did when I was little but honestly I think with age I have grown to appreciate reading more and that's science is it not anyway so why is this a topic science is too broad just kidding it's okay so I'm having this one issue and it's that I'm awful at chemistry and in less than a month I have to take a chemistry class which will suck because we did a lot of that in biology and I fear that I may fail because I nearly failed the chemistry portions of honors biology last year but that may just be because this really cute girl sat next to me and OH DAMMIT PAIGE WHY WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME WE WERE ONLY TOGETHER A MONTH I'M SORRY I'VE CHANGED TAKE ME BACK oh God I do admit I miss her we both thought ill of each other but after being assigned lab partners we grew quite fond of each other and developed "chemistry" eh eh haha yeah so I still have a bag of cookies she baked me I never ate them so I just kinda look at them and wonder what could've been man she was very short but also very smart but at the time I was a stoner so I'm not sure if she was just into the whole bad boy thing or if that was what drove us a part but dammit her best friend was in love with my best friend so her best friend told my best friend she was gonna break up with me a few days before she did so my best friend told me when I was over playing my favorite party game Rock Band 3 over at his house and I almost cried like she was the only girl I've gone out with that didn't have something wrong with her personality wise she was just perfect and the thing that irks me is that to this day I have no idea why and we used to play hackey sack together and when it was just us two it was awkward because I still had feelings for her and I'm all nervous or whatever and I don't know I just missed her smile but anyway I've been over her for a couple months now but I blame Grant and James for me suddenly feeling like this because of our conversation a few hours ago DAMMIT science why would you do this to me stimulating the chemicals in my head while I'm watching Jerry Springer to make me remember that I messed up and let the perfect girl go and my friends say it wasn't my fault and that she just didn't give me a chance but she did we were together a month and whatever I did I didn't do it well enough I was her first boy friend too so I was okay taking things slow and everything we didn't even kiss yet or anything and it's just like she was always busy every time I wanted to see her and make her know how much I appreciated her and the sad thing is this part of this post started as a joke but the more I type the more this becomes a reality this is starting to make me sad and it's 5:00am Florida time and well man if that's not science making me feel like this after trying to type something as a joke then I don't know what is man so to all you people out there lemme just say when you find someone you care about never let them go when you get that chemistry eh eh see what I did again I'm hilarious anyway yeah just make sure that you never touch a burner unless it's been turned off and you're wearing latex gloves and goggles okay okay.

And that is my favorite part about science

• Upvote 3

My personal favorite part of science is...

...And that is my favorite part about science

tl;dr: +1 Science +3 Gold for all cities in Civilization.

• Upvote 1

Wow. I just realized I've been saving this quote for a proper time and I have never used it. Not even in that quote thread that lasted like a week.

Well here it is now, for science:

"No scientific theory is ever completely "true", and even if it were, there is no way in which we could prove it to be so. We judge the value of a theory on the basis of cumulative probability; the more support there is for a theory, and the more disproof there is for alternative theories, the more highly do we value the former; nevertheless all this does not guarantee that our theory is correct in all aspects."

Also, as a psychologist, I am a man of science

Don't you think this is a bit too vague a topic? All universal knowledge and some specific knowledge could go in this thread

Now as to whether or not i like knowledge that's a given. Only fools dislike knowledge.

Bit off-topic, but that's the section we're in. 

In Payday: The Heist there was a Left 4 Dead themed dlc. Everyone knows L4D is a valve game, and so is Portal. In Payday 2 there is an Aperture Science pattern for the masks. So what if one of the heists in future DLC is robbing Aperture Science? (At least I mentioned science)

Edit: Or Aperture's rival: Black Mesa?!

Edited by BiPolarBear

In Payday: The Heist there was a Left 4 Dead themed dlc. Everyone knows L4D is a valve game, and so is Portal. In Payday 2 there is an Aperture Science pattern for the masks. So what if one of the heists in future DLC is robbing Aperture Science? (At least I mentioned science)

Except Black Mesa doesn't exist after the events of Half-Life.

And if Aperture Science existed, I'd love life a lot more than I do.

The science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive. 

The science gets done and you make a neat gun for the people who are still alive. 

For the good of all of us.  Except the one's who are dead.  But there's no sense crying over every mistake.  You just keep on trying til you run out of cake.