Thunder Knight

Biggest Gaming Let Downs!

Sonic 3D Blast for Genesis

The controls for this game were really wonky and Sonic would just slide all over the place and get hit all the time. The bonus stages were too easy and the gameplay got repetitive real quick. Even the older Sonic games like 2 and 3 had new things in each level to make it stand out.

The odor of Sanik is strong in this thread.

I haven't really been let down with many games in terms of gameplay. I remember I preordered Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS and I was so so so excited to play it, and GameStop told me it would come out on September 12th (or something like that). So September 12th came and I was the happiest person on Earth when I finally went to GameStop... but then the neckbearded whale at the counter said "uhhhh it didn't come in yet, sorry kid". Part of my heart shriveled up and died that day. Biggest game-related let-down ever.

Epilogue: it was awesome when I got it the next day and then I loved it, tenouddaten

Edited by GoldenGhost

The odor of Sanik is strong in this thread.

I haven't really been let down with many games in terms of gameplay. I remember I preordered Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS and I was so so so excited to play it, and GameStop told me it would come out on September 12th (or something like that). So September 12th came and I was the happiest person on Earth when I finally went to GameStop... but then the neckbearded whale at the counter said "uhhhh it didn't come in yet, sorry kid". Part of my heart shriveled up and died that day. Biggest game-related let-down ever.

Epilogue: it was awesome when I got it the next day and then I loved it, tenouddaten

Kirby games never come out on release date. It happened with KRDL too and Mass Attack too.

The Call of Duty series has to be the biggest let downs (how can you forget them?), they release CoD games every year that lack effort and are full of disappointment. I stopped buying the CoD games after playing MW2, it was disappointing the fact that multiplayer was so similar to MW1. 

Edited by FOXFRAGON
  • Upvote 1

The Call of Duty series has to be the biggest let downs (how can you forget them?), they release CoD games every year that lack effort and are full of disappointment. I stopped buying the CoD games after playing MW2, it was disappointing the fact that multiplayer was so similar to MW1. 

Agreed, except the last CoD I enjoyed was Black Ops 1.

Yeh BO1 was good, I played it on my cousins PS3. It is fun if you play 2-4 player split screen and against bots

Any FPS is fun for local multiplayer, in my opinion...even the CoD series. You pretty much make your own fun as you go along  :-) 

Another game that kind of disappointed me was Soul Calibur V. Don't get me wrong, I think the gameplay itself is the best since 2 (and the online modes are the best of any fighter I've ever played!), but the story is so lacking. It was obviously meant to be longer and had to be cut for time. When I started playing, I noticed 'New Nightmare' shared physical similarities with Raphael, and thought "Oh hey, this has got to be a major plot-point somewhere down the line"

But it was never explained. Naturally, I took to the internet to see what others had were saying. Of course, it turns out Raphael IS 'New Nightmare', but it was never covered because the story mode's length had been cut considerably due to time constraints...apparently to 'a fourth' of it's intended length

Disappointing, to say the least

• Upvote 1

Super Paper Mario. 

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is my favorite game and I was so excited for a sequel but I was greatly disappointed. They completely changed most of the mechanics and style. Almost all fans of the series were let down by this. Not to mention the next title, Sticker Star, made some correct turnarounds but still didn't go back to the popular style and made some grave mistakes. It was a huge disappointment for me.

-Mario Party 8 & 9, probably also 10

-Pikmin 3 delay

-Rayman Legends delay and multiplatform jump

-Frank West cut from Marvel 3 (Though added back later in Ultimate, so I guess this doesn't quite count)

-ZombiU: All of it

-Removal of Chao Garden in Sonic Heroes & onwards

-Sonic '06

-Watch_Dogs

-The death of plastic instrument games

-The ending of Rock Band's 281 week streak of weekly DLC

-THQ closing their doors

-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

-Kinect

-Never getting American versions of Day of Disaster and Captain Rainbow

-Cancellation of Project Hammer

-Rare buyout from Microsoft

-Half Life 3

Assassin's Creed III is duller than dull to me. I like the Ezio trilogy a lot better. I just like the setting and the story better. And the characters. In ACIII, Conner's all like "UGH I need to get revenge and I need to be as GRUMPY and STATIC as possible UGH"

Assassin's Creed III is duller than dull to me. I like the Ezio trilogy a lot better. I just like the setting and the story better. And the characters. In ACIII, Conner's all like "UGH I need to get revenge and I need to be as GRUMPY and STATIC as possible UGH"

I felt exactly the same playing through ACIII. I didn't much care for the time period or setting, either. It all just felt a bit boring.

You should totally play ACIV (if you haven't already). Edward is such a colourful protagonist in comparison to Connor. I definitely recommend it  :-)

I felt exactly the same playing through ACIII. I didn't much care for the time period or setting, either. It all just felt a bit boring.

You should totally play ACIV (if you haven't already). Edward is such a colourful protagonist in comparison to Connor. I definitely recommend it  :-)

Connor's a native american who's land is being invaded by men who burned his village people and mom alive. He's got reason to be angry and dull. The outsider to the outsiders.

Connor's a native american who's land is being invaded by men who burned his village people and mom alive. He's got reason to be angry and dull. The outsider to the outsiders.

Except he's still a bad protagonist. So yeah.

• Upvote 1

Except he's still a bad protagonist. So yeah.

Regardless of whether or not it makes sense in the narrative to have uninteresting characters, it's still bad writing to EVER have an uninteresting protagonist, ESPECIALLY in a videogame.

I stopped playing AC after Brotherhood because I strongly dislike supporting annualized sequels (lel but I still like Call of Duty) and the gameplay started to bore me, but I found Ezio to be a very interesting protagonist

but I found Ezio to be a very interesting protagonist

Italian protagonists seem to be popular among the media...