Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Knight

Which Console Has The Best Day 1 Releases?

As everyone knows, both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are coming out in November. When it's time to choose, gamers tend to look for system features and other goodies offered alongside the controller. At this point in the gaming market, Sony and Microsoft are surpassing limits to overcome one another, especially games.

Many of us will be attaining a new console soon, for that matter it's required to acknowledge what game choices you'll have jumbled to you, so here's the line up:

Xbox One:                                                                                        Playstation 4:

- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag                                              - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4                                                                              - Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts                                                                 - Blacklight: Retribution

- Crimson Dragon                                                                       - Call of Duty: Ghosts  

- Dead Rising 3                                                                          - DC Universe Online

- FIFA 14                                                                                    - Driveclub

- Fighter Within                                                                           - FIFA 14

- Forza Motorsport 5                                                                   - Just Dance 2014

- Just Dance 2014                                                                      - Killzone Shadow Fall 

- Killer Instinct                                                                             - Knack

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes                                                     - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

- LocoCycle                                                                                 - Madden NFL 25

- Madden NFL 25                                                                        - Minecraft

- NBA 2K 14                                                                                - NBA 2K 14

- NBA Live 14                                                                              - NBA Live 14

- Need for Speed: Rivals                                                             - Need for Speed: Rivals

- Peggle 2                                                                                   - The PlayRoom

- Powerstar Golf                                                                          - Resogun

- Ryse: Son of Rome                                                                   - Skylanders: Swap Force

- Skylanders: Swap Force                                                           - Tiny Brains

- Watch Dogs                                                                              - Warframe

- Zoo Tycoon                                                                               - War Thunder

- Zumba Fitness: World Party                                                      - Watch Dogs

source: IGN

So, which one do you prefer?

I'm waiting for Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, no final decision for now.

Edited by Thunder Knight

This is not a forum game, unless you knew that and this is some sort of epic troll on inception scale proportions, somehow...

If you're waiting for Garden Warfare and Titanfall it looks like you're getting the One, Titanfall's best version is going to be on the One (and it won't be coming to PS4 for quite some time if ever) and PvZ is a timed exclusive for the One.

Personally, I'm going with the One at launch, because I love Dead Rising and in general, I don't like anything the PS4 has to offer at launch other than inFamous, which will probably make me get the console eventally.

But I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand more times, the day Sony announces LittleBigPlanet 3 as a PS4 exclusive is the day I make the purchase

Moving this over to the 'Other Games' section

And none of the launch titles for either system really scream out to me as essentials. If I had to pick a couple, I'd choose Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct. So, for me, the Xbone has the better day one releases

But I won't be getting either of them, because I'll be buying a Wii-U instead

Good choice.

I think it's worth mentioning that, assuming you didn't own a PS3 or a 360, the Wii U's launch line-up was really spectacular

If you were like me and owned all three systems though, then ughhhhh

Buying a console at launch is not the best idea, the console will be overpriced and the launchgames aren't very spectacular.
So yeah, just my 2 cents. I don't think these games are really that great.

I'm not impressed with any of these, really. Titanfall might turn out to be fun, but I'm so awful at console FPSes that I probably wouldn't but it. I'm beginning to doubt whether or not I'll ever own a console from this generation (including the Wii U).

Edited by Bloob

Buying a console at launch is not the best idea, the console will be overpriced and the launchgames aren't very spectacular.

So yeah, just my 2 cents. I don't think these games are really that great.

Indeed, I'm keeping my PS3 for another two years or so to enjoy the games I stil haven't (prices go down as well)

Moving this over to the 'Other Games' section

I apologize for the inconvenience :S
Edited by Thunder Knight

Honestly, I'm not happy, I like the look of Watch Dogs and Skylanders (don't say anything!) but Skylanders is always completely overpriced, so I'll basically be getting it for one game (which will also be on PS3, I think)... I'll wait a while.

I was also looking forward to Knack until I read that the only button you actually need is the square button, so that doesn't really interest me as much anymore.

Skylanders is always completely overpriced

Have you seen the new Disney Infinity game set?

A simple figurine costs about $12.99. A pack with three figurines costs about $30.99. The original package containing the game disc, 3 figurines and the portal costs about $74.99. Skylanders isn't so bad after all...

Edited by Thunder Knight

Skylanders is always completely overpriced

Have you seen the new Disney Infinity game set?

A simple figurine costs about $12.99. A pack with three figurines costs about $30.99. The original package containing the game disc, 3 figurines and the portal costs about $74.99. Skylanders isn't so bad after all...

Well, they did spend over, like, $100,000,000 on it. Though even so, way to expensive.

Im not getting xbox one, can't use old games on it. :/ (As far as I've heard.)

Can't do that with PS3 or Wii U either. (At least I think you can't play old games on Wii U)

Im not getting xbox one, can't use old games on it. :/ (As far as I've heard.)

Can't do that with PS3 or Wii U either. (At least I think you can't play old games on Wii U)

It can play Wii discs, plus there's the Virtual Console. The only Nintendo console games it can't play (yet) are Gamecube games.

I'll probably be buying a Wii U later this year, as it appears to inherently hold more exclusives as a nintendo console and has a good deal of games which I am interested in.

37864996.jpg

Edited by GoldenGhost

I'm sticking with my Xbox, chances are though I'll end up getting a Wii U if the price drops to like 325 for the black one.

But out of both of these I'm going with the Xbox One.

I'll get a PS4 after I get a Wii U. By that time, the PS4 will probably have a lot of good titles. I mean, MGSV alone is enough for me to buy a next gen console. I can only imagine what else they'll come up with.

The Wii U currently holds my highest interest though.

But I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand more times, the day Sony announces LittleBigPlanet 3 as a PS4 exclusive is the day I make the purchase

LittleBigPlanet 3 is actually in development right now.

The company that made the PS Vita version (I forget their name) is currently working on it. :3