Hey, did you know Battleblock Theater is actually a GAME too? Until today I thought it was a $15 Gift Shop, but I hit the "Y" button on the door, and found a bunch of fun minigames and a story mode! I had no idea that you could get gems any other way than trading star heads I got randomly when logging in one day! The game is quite fun too, it has lots of fun things outside the Gift Shop. Has anyone else found out about this secret area outside the Gift Shop?

• Upvote 4

I thought the game was going around the gift shop hitting ourselves senceless until everyone quits from bordom, like a LMS of sorts.

Edited by Babadingldoo
  • Upvote 1

Oh the secret area outside the gift shop was an update they made today, it is super fun and probably the best update for  any behemoth game.

Still strikes me as ironic that Dan said that the heads were just kind of a "thing" they made.  It wasn't supposed to be the focus of the game at all, and it wasn't during their playtesting sessions.  The game was more built around level design, and I still think it is.  People just get way too obsessed with the star heads, it's saddening.  It's also one of the reasons I don't play the game.  I've pretty much beaten the story, and I don't want to play multiplayer if half the people playing just want to trade.

Still strikes me as ironic that Dan said that the heads were just kind of a "thing" they made.  It wasn't supposed to be the focus of the game at all, and it wasn't during their playtesting sessions.  The game was more built around level design, and I still think it is.  People just get way too obsessed with the star heads, it's saddening.  It's also one of the reasons I don't play the game.  I've pretty much beaten the story, and I don't want to play multiplayer if half the people playing just want to trade.

You definitely haven't played multiplayer if you think it's half. I just tried to get into a game for the last 15 minutes with hosts quitting every time I left the gift shop or entered an arena. I can't even get into a game if I host.

Edit: Anyone else notice all these posts say "yesterday" when I started it about 3 hours ago?

Edited by BiPolarBear

Hey, did you know Battleblock Theater is actually a GAME too? Until today I thought it was a $15 Gift Shop, but I hit the "Y" button on the door, and found a bunch of fun minigames and a story mode! I had no idea that you could get gems any other way than trading star heads I got randomly when logging in one day! The game is quite fun too, it has lots of fun things outside the Gift Shop. Has anyone else found out about this secret area outside the Gift Shop?

You must be freaking joking.

I've heard rumours of a basketball/football mash-up game as well, but as if that could be true! In a gift shop based game what relevance is a little football? Pah. The crap people make up...

I was just wondering which were the differences between "ball game" "muckle" and "colour the world", I mean, those gift shops look all the same to me!

Muckle is the gift shop for people who like to fight, color the world is the international gift shop, and I've been too afraid to go into ball game. Hope that clears things up. Also in case you were wondering, the campaign is about two friends going to the gift shop. I've beaten it once, but I can assure you, it's tough getting in, those cats almost got me a few times.

Psshh, more like 3/4s of everyone want to trade. It's normally me and one other guy leaving the Gift shop until someone disconnects.