megan

Dan's Special Message For Castle Crashers 5Th Year Anniversary

This week marks the 5th year anniversary for Castle Crashers!

5years.jpg

The sheer amount of people we’ve needed to believe in our work to get this far is just staggering.  Over 10,000,000 players have given us support across all of our games in our 10 years!  To put that in perspective, that’s approximately 2,880 miles of people who are standing shoulder to shoulder — or, wider than North America itself from sea to shining sea.

Over 5,000,000 are from Castle Crashers alone!  If you lined all of you guys side by side you’d get the diameter of Pluto.  I realize Pluto is no longer a planet and all, but don’t let that detract from how huge that is.  And really, who is to say what’s a planet or not?

We’ve received so many great letters from you guys.  Some people claim it has saved their marriage while others have said it’s how they met their significant other.  Some say it has given them a way to communicate with their child at college or home, and others say it has given them inspiration to one day make games!  I’ve seen some of you come by our very first booth being unable to even look over the table to the point where now I have to crane my neck upwards just to say hi nowadays.  It’s really incredible.

I’m overjoyed and I can’t thank you guys enough.  To date we’ve shipped Castle Crashers onto XBLA, PSN, and Steam.

2013-08-28_00027.jpg

Thank you Microsoft for believing in our poop-filled, colorful little game.. all the way back in 2005!

Thank you everyone who has supported us.  You guys have helped us achieve our dream here!  Our dream of making whatever we want to make, making people happy, giving others memories, and to give us the chance at reinvigorating old genres with our own flavors.  It never feels like “work” so at times it can almost feel like we don’t deserve it.  Who deserves something that special?  Really, I just can’t thank you enough.

2013-08-28_00002.jpg

I’ve gone on a while.  I should probably get back on Game 4 to put into your sight. (Prototyping takes concentration!)

After all, that’s what you guys pay me for, right?

See you at PAX Prime…………….AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo,
-Dan

• Upvote 2

Congrats on 5 super-successful years! You guys are truly harbingers of fun and happiness, as well as a huge inspiration to aspiring game devs (like myself)! I've enjoyed every second I've spent with your games, and I'm sure I'll continue to love your work for years to come! Keep it up, thank you for being so fantastic to your fans, and I absolutely can't wait to see what you all make for us next!

• Upvote 1

I eventually got bored of doing the campagin 70 times to get different characters, but the insane always keeps me on my tippy toes :D

The games I played the most celebrates its 5th year... Wow, 5 years of completing the story over and over again, unlocking new characters, playing online and co-op. Congrats to The Behemoth staff for this great accomplishment! Let Game 4 be revealed!

The games I played the most celebrates its 5th year... Wow, 5 years of completing the story over and over again, unlocking new characters, playing online and co-op. Congrats to The Behemoth staff for this great accomplishment! Let Game 4 be revealed!

Now it's time for you to start playing BBT.

Couldn't agree more. I might wait to get an Xbox on sale some time during the next few months... If I don't find any good price, I'll just wait for boxing day.

This was great.  :D I love you guys and I love Castle Crashers! I got a second copy on Steam during the summer sale since I've been playing more stuff on PC lately, hehe.

Couldn't agree more. I might wait to get an Xbox on sale some time during the next few months... If I don't find any good price, I'll just wait for boxing day.

Do you have a Xbox 360? Because your signature says you got a GT.

Do you have a Xbox 360? Because your signature says you got a GT.

I have a GT but not the Xbox yet. Don't worry, I'll make a thread as soon as I get the Xbox.

• Upvote 1

Now I just gotta wait two more years to celebrate 5 years of Castle Crashers on PSN. Hopefully we'll celebrate with a tournament. And some DLC.

Now I just gotta wait two more years to celebrate 5 years of Castle Crashers on PSN. Hopefully we'll celebrate with a tournament. And some DLC.

Any possibly, to coincide with that, the release of bbt on psn.

Edited by trickster2599

I'm honored to see The Behemoth get so much praise. I remember being 8 or 9 and playing on Newgrounds obsessively. I remember way back when Alien Hominid first launched. That was a HUGE deal for me as a kid (I'm 17 now). Unfortunately, I didn't get a 360 till a few months ago, so I didn't get to play Castle Crashers when it was at its prime. Either way, I still loved it to death. Almost as much as I loved AH back when I was a preteen. Hell, I even remember sending a letter to Dan about Alien Hominid (I was 9 or 10, and in case he's reading this...my name's Harley) and being so overjoyed when I got a response. I only wish I could be at PAX, but it's too far away and I don't have a car yet. T^T