Sign in to follow this  
ERA5000

Star Prisoners Explained

This is how I see these prisoners and please feel free to disagree with me.

Every game has a selling feature. Essentially, this is what makes the game unique and makes people want to buy it. Star Prisoners are just one of many aspects of this game that makes BattleBlock Theatre unique. Players have obsessing with them to the point where finding a good game is even rarer than any Star prisoner. Star prisoners were most likely added to the game to make the game more interesting, give the game a selling feature, and to 'push' the players to go once a week. The game is interesting enough, the game has more than enough other selling features to survive, and if you buy a game and only play it once a week, you are not getting your money's worth and it is quite pathetic.

However, they are fun to collect. Do not think of the Star prisoners as the reason for playing, rather just one of MANY reasons to turn on your Xbox 360, scroll over to the arcade section, and click the 'A' button whilst hovering over BattleBlock Theatre.

Each picture of a Star prisoner displays the following text, "For a limited time only." This means that at some point, after a re-release, ALL Star prisoners will become unavailable through the features. Most likely, you will end up paying Microsoft points to purchase a certain quantity of prisoners at some point in the distant future, assuming you do not already have them all.

Finally, this use of the term 'rare' has been flying around lately and it is being associated with Star prisoners incorrectly. Rarity has nothing do with opinion, date of release, quality, how it was released, or votes in a poll. This term simply refers to how the Star prisoners, in this case, are distributed throughout the players. Re-releases usually eliminate this rarity and there is no reason to complain about. Just because you received Winston when he initially was released, does not give you any right or reason to complain about his rarity being destroyed from the re-release. What if you never got Winston? You would not be complaining and, in fact, be happy that you now have him. It is a biased argument.

For some of you, this was common sense. This is for the players that just did not get it. 

Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1

I was upset when Chicken lost his "rarity" I am not upset about Winston though because idc anymore once Chicken was wrecked but I still collect them. :P

Hmm, I disagree, Battleblock Theater is unique because The Behemoth created it, star heads are only a fraction of the package. I guarantee you that the game wouldn't be as good if Activision for example (or any other company/publisher), came up with the idea.

I think we should deny the existence of the star heads. They are not real!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAA!!

But seriously. Star heads literally mean nothing.

I think we should deny the existence of the star heads. They are not real!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAA!!

Technically the game means nothing either as it is just a game xD.

• Upvote 2

Star heads are part of the game, get used to it. :/

Edited by DemonSteak

Demon is right.You got to get used to it.

Edited by TheBlacksmith07

Can anybody here tell my how to get the Buckle Your Pants head step by step?

1. Go to menu

2. Go to local play

3. Go to furbottoms feature

4. Go to feature

5. Play through all levels till the finale

6. Beat both parts of the finale

7. Head get

Demon is right.You got to get used to it.

Agh! A double post! My eyes burn!!

Star heads were genetic experiments the cats undertook. Furbottom was their first star head, but sadly, couldn't replace the original, so they locked him up.

All the other 63 after creation, went on a planned out riot against the cats... It didn't work out well. Now, only for some time, each 1 gets a chance to see "daylight", but eventually, they will all plan out another riot, that will be successful... But this time, furbottom will be leading the charge...

Since the beginning of time there were only four shapes. But one dark night the cats were in their lab trying to make better, faster, stronger actors that were true "star" quality. From the box of sciency science emerged a star, unlike any other shape before. They took heroes and grand objects and spliced their DNA with the new Star's DNA. They effectively made amazing actors with the abilities of great things, such as the Castle Crashers and the Alien. Their lust for more actors lead to the cats using anything in sight. Toast, theater props, pants, it didn't matter, for they had made the greatest actors of all time. They even went as far as getting Purrham Furbottom's DNA from his sharks to make an actor with the charisma and experience to bring the roaring crowds to the edges of their seats. Though they lost most of their old prisoners in the rebellion, they had plans for a production on a much larger scale....

Welcome to Battle Block Theater.

• Upvote 2

Since the beginning of time there were only four shapes. But one dark night the cats were in their lab trying to make better, faster, stronger actors that were true "star" quality. From the box of sciency science emerged a star, unlike any other shape before. They took heroes and grand objects and spliced their DNA with the new Star's DNA. They effectively made amazing actors with the abilities of great things, such as the Castle Crashers and the Alien. Their lust for more actors lead to the cats using anything in sight. Toast, theater props, pants, it didn't matter, for they had made the greatest actors of all time. They even went as far as getting Purrham Furbottom's DNA from his sharks to make an actor with the charisma and experience to bring the roaring crowds to the edges of their seats. Though they lost most of their old prisoners in the rebellion, they had plans for a production on a much larger scale....

There we go. The backstory I was looking for.

I've always wanted to write stuff.

Maybe the first ever BBT Fanfic. (I doubt I could :P)

Hmm. I can't even begin to imagine all the gross things you might come up with.

How did they managed to make Manbirth, Tiny Monkey and Triple Threat?

Edited by Derekis

Ah!A double post!My eyes!They burn!How do you feel now?

Hmm. I can't even begin to imagine all the gross things you might come up with.

Not like that... Just a story of fun and happiness. Again, also not like that.

Also, Blacksmith, I didn't double post. Not quite sure what you're referring to.

Edited by BiPolarBear

Funny how the only double post on this thread is by you.

Funny how the only double post on this thread is by you.

And he doesn't learn does he?... -.-