Crazy Savage

What's It Like To Be A Moderator?

When users have been around the forums a long time, their bodies begin to... change. Their minds begin to fill with strange unfamiliar visions involving chickens and knights, and these will eventually drive them mad. The only way to control these thoughts is to clear your mind of everything else... which involves a grueling perilous journey of course. The users who are willing to embark on this journey must climb an incredibly tall mountain, where the peak rises above the clouds. The mountainside gets steeper and steeper, colder and colder, all while their mind is tortured with constant visions of chickens, aliens, and gems. The closer they get to the top, the more intense the visions get, until their eyes see nothing but kings and FBI agents and prisoners collecting gems. After days of climbing and maddening visions, they finally reach the top of the mountain, where they meet Dan Paladin. He's busy making games, but he looks away from his computer screen just once into the eyes of the user... and suddenly their mind is clear. They are powerful beyond man, able to control the visions, as well as ban newbies. This is how man becomes Mod.

• Upvote 3

Hey do you guys like being mods? if you ask me it seems fun to be a mod. it just sorta like a badge of honor and like that. 

Well, you have to get all up in everyone's business so we have to make a lot of decisions and we have to talk to you commonfolk a lot, so yeah it's fun. And honestly, it's less of a badge of honour and more a badge of "I just sacrificed a lot of free time".

Of course dealing with troubling users and deciding over their fates is less fun but it's just what we do.

Have any of you ever been reading through people's posts and suddenly get really depressed and worried about the world?

I know I do.

I think that's only you.

Nah, it's never been SushiGummi. It's been SushiGummy since the day the name was conceived.

Technically, the Staff Moderators and Admins are the highest ranks, as they're actual Behemoth Staff.

Not sure if SuperMod is actually an obtainable title. I only got it because of very specific circumstances.

Well now you've got me interested, how did you actually get the title of supermod.

Also, this Q&A with the mods is pretty interesting.

• Upvote 1

Nah, it's never been SushiGummi. It's been SushiGummy since the day the name was conceived.

Technically, the Staff Moderators and Admins are the highest ranks, as they're actual Behemoth Staff.

Not sure if SuperMod is actually an obtainable title. I only got it because of very specific circumstances.

Well now you've got me interested, how did you actually get the title of supermod.

I gave him a promotion.

Please try to use grammar.

Says the person who types up a sentence that is a fragment... Where's your subject there buddy? Cuz all I be seein' are predicates yo

Aaaaactually declarative sentences don't need a subject because the subject is implied to be you

Have a Burn Heal, you need it

Dream_Burn_Heal_Sprite.png

Also I thought the highest level of mod was being a member of the Behemoth (with the cool blue badge).

Edited by GoldenGhost

What's it like being a mod?

It's horrible! The floor creaks, the roof leaks, there's a terrible draft.

—But wait, let me finish. The winters are harsh, the summers are brutal, and there's a wild man-eating clam in the backyard.

• Upvote 5

I have a question, once you're a moderator is it permanent?

Nope. You can quit whenever you want, of course you can also lose your mod status if you abuse your mod powers but in that case you'll probably also get banned.

But if you're a good mod and you don't quit then it's pretty permanent.

I don't know how much I can explain about my SuperMod status without accidentally spilling some cursed secrets or something, but I'll try to give a bit of an insight. The upgrade didn't happen through a single event or anything, so it's not too exciting. I became a Mod in 2009, and I've been pretty consistently active since then. Kelly started disappearing from the forums around the height of spambot attacks, so I kinda had to overlook most of the spambot issues (among everything else) for a while. This was before the approval system, so I needed to keep an active eye on the forums at all times to keep any advertisements from slipping in. I only had the power to ban for one day, so there was also a while where I had to run some daily rounds on certain users and spambots before Emil and Christine came by to perma-ban them. Along with that, I continued to be active during the rise and fall of Christine, and sometime in 2012, Emil passively upgraded me to a SuperMod.

If it weren't for the occasional shortage of active Mods, influx of adbots, and gaps of inactivity between the Staff changes, I probably wouldn't have needed to work as hard as I did on the forums to get the upgrade. That's why I suspect that it was due to specific circumstances.

Do you guys ever get mad? Mad bro?

No, when they make us Mods, they reprogram us to not have feelings anymore.

Indifference data, moderating tools, justice.exe, antivirus scans, the usual.

I don't know how much I can explain about my SuperMod status without accidentally spilling some cursed secrets or something, but I'll try to give a bit of an insight. The upgrade didn't happen through a single event or anything, so it's not too exciting. I became a Mod in 2009, and I've been pretty consistently active since then. Kelly started disappearing from the forums around the height of spambot attacks, so I kinda had to overlook most of the spambot issues (among everything else) for a while. This was before the approval system, so I needed to keep an active eye on the forums at all times to keep any advertisements from slipping in. I only had the power to ban for one day, so there was also a while where I had to run some daily rounds on certain users and spambots before Emil and Christine came by to perma-ban them. Along with that, I continued to be active during the rise and fall of Christine, and sometime in 2012, Emil passively upgraded me to a SuperMod.

If it weren't for the occasional shortage of active Mods, influx of adbots, and gaps of inactivity between the Staff changes, I probably wouldn't have needed to work as hard as I did on the forums to get the upgrade. That's why I suspect that it was due to specific circumstances.

Wow. That is pretty much exactly the same way that I became the castlepedia admin.

Do you guys ever get mad? Mad bro?

No, when they make us Mods, they reprogram us to not have feelings anymore.

That level... That sarcasm level is over 9000!  :cry: 

I think that there should be a vote for a new mod.

What? Becoming a mod isn't some kind of beauty contest. just look at [REDACTED]. But seriously, if the behemoth needs mods, they'll let everyone know.

I think that there should be a vote for a new mod.

I think we have enough for the moment...

Zephyr or mr. Hatty for presiden... Mod!

Oh_stop_it_you.png

• Upvote 1

Shame most of the mods have died. We're shortened to just 5 active mods now.

only something like 7 mods are inactive and one of them occasionally returns.

*coughmilkcough*?

Edited by Memor

*coughmilkcough*

Wy do you need to hide that between coughs?

*coughmilkcough*

Wy do you need to hide that between coughs?

Why not?