Sign in to follow this  
cotacool

Xbox 360 Removes Microsoft Points?

So I don't know if this is true but I heard that Microsoft were removing Microsoft points from stores (Example:Walmart, Albertsons) and they were making a new gift card system or something instead.

I don't know if this is true but I read it here  -->http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4332830/microsoft-points-moving-to-gift-card-system<-- 

They are phasing out MS points completely.  They already switched over to actual currency.  You can use a credit card to buy things on Live now, instead of buying MS points.  Been like that for a while now, actually.  In fact, that article is from May.  

They are phasing out MS points completely.  They already switched over to actual currency.  You can use a credit card to buy things on Live now, instead of buying MS points.  Been like that for a while now, actually.  In fact, that article is from May.  

Oh lol My internet has been disconnected since June for Xbox Live but now I'm back on and got the update :P

P.S. Do you like this kind of method of paying for stuff with real currency Pocket?

Oh lol My internet has been disconnected since June for Xbox Live but now I'm back on and got the update :P

P.S. Do you like this kind of method of paying for stuff with real currency Pocket?

I don't know a single person who enjoys virtual, made up currency.  I much prefer using money.  Not that it matters, I play games mainly on PC anyway.

I don't possess an Xbox 360 yet, but this new currency change is a huge deal. Buying games with real money is simpler and faster.

You're used to it, cause you play on the PS3. lol

I think they're gonna keep the msp cards around a little while longer then create somthing similar to steam or psn's card system.

I don't possess an Xbox 360 yet, but this new currency change is a huge deal. Buying games with real money is simpler and faster.

You're used to it, cause you play on the PS3. lol

Which is why I said it's simpler and faster.

Hate to see the smart, convenient, and user-friendly Microsoft Points go, but I know Microsoft has another genius idea right around the corner.

Cgtpku3.jpg?1

I had 320 MS points.

80 MSP = $1 therefore 320 MSP = $4

Is a $3 credit acceptable? No.

Microsoft, I Want My One Dollar...

Edited by BiPolarBear

Yeah the just changed it...I can see why there doing this it because that XBOX 1 (that is going to suck) is almost here!