What games have you walked away from because they were too difficult to finish, but they still linger in the back of your mind as unfinished?  Maybe you beat the game, but there are parts you haven't completely finished, like 100% acheivements, or beat the extra levels.

For instance, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was awesome, until I tried to beat everything and now I'm stuck on the perfect run for the last level.  I have spent double digit hours on that one single level.  Talk about sweaty palms.

My list that I need to complete to feel better about life:

1. Super mario galaxy 2 - Very last level
  2. Bastion - game mode plus
  3. Limbo - complete game with 5 or less deaths

4. Phantom Dust - Finish the game
  5. Xyanide - Finish the game

1. Pokemon White 2

2. Super Meat Boy - Teh Internets levels

3. The Binding of Isaac

4. Pikmin 2 (Played it a few weeks ago, haven't picked it up since. I blame Fire Emblem Awakening.)

5. Fire Emblem

Oh jeez, there's too many...

1. Bastion- I'm at the very last level, but I didn't wanna go on, because it's a point of no return and I wanna grind for some stuff still.

2. Super Meat Boy- One day, Cotton Alley, ONE DAY.

3. Drawn to Life- I guess this was like, 5 years ago, but I never beat the final boss... and I don't think I'll ever get back to it since drawing's a big part of the game and there's some old, OLD drawings that I kinda don't wanna see.

4. Professor Layton- I'm not really a puzzle person, but I pretty much said "I'M DONE" when I got to one of the last puzzles where you have the digits 0-9 and you have to put all of them into an equation.

5. WindWaker- UH... SO... I borrowed it from a friend a while back and I only got up to right before the Tower of the Gods. I got super, super caught up in trying to get everything from each ocean quadrant (even though I know it's impossible, but I want them bottles, man!) and then my friend took back the game, SO....

And there are even more. It is a surprise that I have ever finished a game at all ever.

It'd be shorter to list the games I have completed, which really seem quite few in comparison.

So I'll only be listing the five that I still want to continue to the end

*Note that I didn't really quit any of these because of difficulty, the only times I've really done that for any game were Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma*

1) Deadly Premonition - One of my favorite games of this generation, it's inexcusable that I just stopped playing it, it's also inexcusable how none of you have STARTED playing it, get on that shiz!

2) Rayman Legends - This game JUST came out and I'm already looking over it, though in fairness, I stopped playing it to finish some older games but really now, this game is fantastic and I REALLY want to play it more.

3) EarthBound - I enjoy it so much, but now that the Wii U actually has multiple games on it it kinda gets overshadowed by Rayman or Pikmin whenever I boot it up.

4) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - For as highly as I regard this game, it's hard not to admit that the game does a ****ty job telling you where to go and what to do, which can be infuriating, so I totally rage quit this game, and coming after this game without playing it for awhile is ROUGH.

5) Borderlands - I hated Borderlands when it first came out and regretted the purchase, but when 2 came out I decided to retry the first game and I actually loved it. For a time I would play nothing but Borderlands (and Resident Evil 5, which I also need to finish) whenever I could, and then I just kinda.... stopped.... too many new games...

Oh yeah, and I never beat Pikmin 2 either, but I find the notion stupid when time spent beating Pikmin 2 could easily be used for replaying Pikmin 1 or 3 again.

And Earthbound. I beat Mother 3, and loved it. There's just something... unappealing about Earthbound.

Oh, and Sonic Adventure 2. I want to like the game, but the more I play it, the worse it gets. The Sonic levels are even starting to get on my nerves.

Bowers Inside Story - My dog ate my only copy so I dont even have a choice if I wanted to beat it (which I do)

Sonic Adventure 2- Someone suggested it and I never got back to it sadly

Pokemon Red- I have the rom for it but I eventually got bored when my pokemon became over leveled.

Bowers Inside Story - My dog ate my only copy so I dont even have a choice if I wanted to beat it (which I do)

Pokemon Red- I have the rom for it but I eventually got bored when my pokemon became over leveled.

The ultimate irony or a intended pun?

• Upvote 2

That's what happened to my only copy of Conker: Live and Reloaded ;~;

Also, that's very ironic that that game in particular got eaten.

1.dead space

2.dead space 2

3.lost planet 1

4.dead rising 2

5.halo 3-flood level

6.halo 4

7.Saints row 3

8.counter strike: go- win a game without your team being harmed

9.splinter cell: conviction

10.red faction: guerilla

Wait, this was 5...

And Earthbound. I beat Mother 3, and loved it. There's just something... unappealing about Earthbound.

Oh, and Sonic Adventure 2. I want to like the game, but the more I play it, the worse it gets. The Sonic levels are even starting to get on my nerves.

That game (SA2) has not aged well, a few years ago I'd say it's my favorite game ever, now it isn't even in my top 5

1. Dead Space 3 on the hardest difficulty in singleplayer to unlock the OP foam finger weapon.

2. Dragons Dogma I got stuck on a mission and kinda quit when I bought dark souls and the DLC with it.

3. Jet Set Radio Kinda fell by the wayside when I got dark souls as well lol

4. Tomba It's one of my favorite games and I have yet to beat it because of how difficult it is

5. BBT I haven't beaten it on insane yet and I want that gold trophy on my back.

I thought this was a new thread and then I saw that I had posted in it already and I freaked out.

Don't necrobump, folks.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1

Grant already necrobumped so I'm continuing anyway

Read the OP, went "Wow, what a lovely idea for a thread" 

scrolled down to post when I noticed what I had said almost exactly a year ago.... and none of it has changed, I've played through quite a bit more of Deadly Premonition and Rayman Legends, but I haven't done so much as touched the other 3 games. 

I guess I'll update this though with games I have more recently started and immediately put down:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Bought this game and fell in love with it, such a beautiful and solid platformer, I liked it so much I even went out and bought Donkey Kong Country Returns right after playing it the first time... which I also haven't played at all.... but I dropped Tropical Freeze so fast, I've become so busy that it's hard to find time for games where progression is key, so in the few moments of gaming I have now I tend to focus on games like Pac-Man, Super Smash Bros, and Rock Band where I can relax without a goal

Watch_Dogs - Got the game at launch, had been hyped for it since it's initial reveal, aaaaand I just kinda got bored of it... I want to finish it but It just wasn't doing it for me, didn't help that it came out a few days before I met my last girlfriend, and talking to her was infinitely more interesting than this game's vague story and half-baked mechanics, that being said I'd like to go back and finish it as some point

Sonic Lost World: Believe it or not, I actually like this game, amidst a sea of horrible Sonic games and mediocre efforts praised as being great (C'mon guys, Colours was not even that good), this was a pretty solid entry, I actually played through almost the entire game with Dropped Your Pocket on a livestream once, and then swore that I would soon get back together with him to finish it off... aaaand I never did.... so I should really get on that

Killer7 - Oh who am I kidding, I'm never finishing this game

XCOM: Enemy Within - XCOM: Enemy Unknown was my favorite game the year it came out and I was super hyped for it's expansion, got it the day it came out and actually recorded a few un-uploaded episodes of an LP for it... but I suppose it just got lost in the crowd of new titles at the time, and it feels weird for me to be depriving myself of something I know I'm gonna love

Xenoblade Chronicles - Haha oh man, as if I'll ever have enough time to actually finish this

Lego City: Undercover - You know when you think about the Wii U's drought at the time of this game's release, it doesn't make much sense for me to have not played this through to completion, but I think it was the long loading times that made me abandon it, it was so frustrating having to constantly load every single mission for what felt like minutes at a time, and my Wii U's data all getting erased was kind of the nail in the coffin, but there's so much I haven't experienced in a game that I KNOW is good that I just have to get back to it eventually

Honorable mention to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Wonderful 101, Viewtiful Joe, and 90% of the games I own on Steam for never even being attempted to be played

Every Elder Scrolls game ever: All the games just aren't my type and I tend to get bored quickly while playing them. 

Pikmin 2: I just suk

Pokemon HeartGold: Pokemon SoulSilver was actually my favorite Pokemon game ever but I ended up loosing my copy and buying Pokemon HeartGold which I never feel like finishing.

Battleblock Theater: Only the steam version, I'm mostly through insane mode I just never feel like playing it though.

Metroid Prime: I've played all the other Metroid Prime games I just don't want to get around to completing the original.

Super Meat Boy: I will beat that game one day.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: I forgot about that game.

Pokémon Platinum: I swear I will beat Crasher Wake one day.

Pokémon Black 2: I have that game, but haven't started yet because I still need to beat Platinum.

Sonic 2 (Game Gear)DARN YOU THAT FIRST BOSS!

Meh, it's not too long for this to be a serious bump, right?

- Super Mario Galaxy 1/2

Just don't have the time I used to when I got these games to pour into them

- BattleBlock Theater

Insane mode, how I hat thee...

- Earthbound (Mother 2)

Started it at a friend's, loved it, and have never touched it since

- Super Mario Sunshine

One of my favorite games of all time, but me being a completionist, it's hard to finish all the secret shines... The blue coins were annoying enough, especially one I tried to get for an hour because my game would freeze whenever I touched it, until it randomly worked

- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts 'n' Bolts

Before everyone starts yelling at me for playing this game, I have played the original Banjo-Kazooie and liked it, so I know the main difference. It's just some of the TT Trophies are insane, so that's that

Y'know, all of these games I've beaten, but I haven't completed 100%. And considering that I have OCD (Obsessive Completionist Disorder), that's where the problem lies

Edited by A C Cret

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness - I have yet to beat Darkrai, I guess this doesn't really count since I beat Time

Fire Emblem Rekka No Ken - I eventually stopped playing it, I'll get back to it eventually.

Fire Emblem Awakening - LUNATIC+ I SHALL BEAT YOU ONE DAY!

Link Between Worlds - I suck at saving so I relived the tutorial 50 times, I eventually just gave up

Sonic Lost World - I expected you to come back Sega, I feel lied to, this game was terrible.

• Upvote 1