Thunderous topic landing peeps! This is another one of those ''poll'' types of thread. The topic is very obvious, is there any band/singer who let you down recently in terms of music quality? I can point many, but for now, here's two:

Avenged Sevenfold: Their new album didn't quite interest me like the last one, they're missing something... Oh yeah, the REV. If you know A7X, I shouldn't have to add anything else.

Panic at the Disco!: Started off so well with ''I Write Sins not Tragedies'', ''Nine in the Afternoon'', and ''The Ballad of Mona Lisa''. Now they're following trends, not really focusing on creative lyrics and long titles, summarizing, the band lost its uniqueness.

I was going to mention Fall Out Boy for shifting towards popular music, but their last album was really good.

In your opinion, what bands/singers can be considered musical let downs?

Edited by Thunder Knight

Avenged Sevenfold: Their new album didn't quite interest me like the last one, they're missing something... Oh yeah, the REV. If you know A7X, I shouldn't have to add anything else.

I definitely know what you mean, but I still think its a decent album overall

And I think the album to let me down the most these past couple years was this abomination:

Lulu-Album-Cover.jpg

• Upvote 1

I love people who bash A7X for everything that they make these days because it's not City of Evil.  Same with thinking they're not the same just because Jimmy is dead.  I doubt HIGHLY that they changed the sound of their music as a result of his death.  Bands do that, they did it with Nightmare and their black album.  They sound different because that's what bands do, they make different music.  If everything sounded exactly the same, nobody would want to listen to it and would complain that everything sounds the same.  

Everyone bashed their Nightmare album saying "oh, it's not the same because the Rev is dead" even though Jimmy helped write almost every song on the album.  I think Hail to the King sounds good. Just like Nightmare, just like City of Evil, and just like every other album they've made.

I love people who bash A7X for everything that they make these days because it's not City of Evil.  Same with thinking they're not the same just because Jimmy is dead.  I doubt HIGHLY that they changed the sound of their music as a result of his death.  Bands do that, they did it with Nightmare and their black album.  They sound different because that's what bands do, they make different music.  If everything sounded exactly the same, nobody would want to listen to it and would complain that everything sounds the same.  

Everyone bashed their Nightmare album saying "oh, it's not the same because the Rev is dead" even though Jimmy helped write almost every song on the album.  I think Hail to the King sounds good. Just like Nightmare, just like City of Evil, and just like every other album they've made.

I disagree... Changing your tune is one thing, changing your style is another completely different.

I disagree... Changing your tune is one thing, changing your style is another completely different.

If you disagree so much, listen to their first album, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, and the style is pretty much identical to what it is now.

Thunderous topic landing peeps! This is another one of those ''poll'' types of thread. The topic is very obvious, is there any band/singer who let you down recently in terms of music quality? I can point many, but for now, here's two:

''I Write Sins not Tragedies'', ''Nine in the Afternoon'', and ''The Ballad of Mona Lisa''.

Those are the only 3 songs I have from Panic!

I think 30 seconds to mars disappointed me with their change in style with their new album, completely different.

Edited by yugo657
  • Upvote 1

''I Write Sins not Tragedies'', ''Nine in the Afternoon'', and ''The Ballad of Mona Lisa''.

Those are the only 3 songs I have from Panic!

I think 3p seconds to mars disappointed me with their change in style with their new album, completely different.

You're absolutely right... The meaningfulness of their lyrics is gone.

I definitely know what you mean, but I still think its a decent album overall

And I think the album to let me down the most these past couple years was this abomination:

Lulu-Album-Cover.jpg

I AM THE TABLE!!!!

Not to mention St. Anger. =[ Feelsbadman.

The best part is is that I didn't see your spoiler and the first  thing I thought of was I Am The Table. I had to edit this to clarify.

Edited by Amir0fTheDesert
  • Upvote 1

Panic at the Disco!: Started off so well with ''I Write Sins not Tragedies'', ''Nine in the Afternoon'', and ''The Ballad of Mona Lisa''. Now they're following trends, not really focusing on creative lyrics and long titles, summarizing, the band lost its uniqueness.

I was going to mention Fall Out Boy for shifting towards popular music, but their last album was really good.

All of this, I mean, Panic!'s first three albums are some of my favorite albums ever, honestly, and there third is just so.... atrocious...... guh

Fallout Boy took some getting used to, but I did eventually come around to their new album, it ended up being quite good.