Sign in to follow this  
Captain MasonM

New Game With Honey Hug?

So I'm not gonna go on a rant unless a staff member comments, but I got a cool idea for another game involving Honey Hug. I'll explain it if you guys want me to.

Edited by Captain MasonM

So I'm not gonna go on a rant unless a staff member comments, but I got a cool idea for another game involving Honey Hug. I'll explain it if you guys want me to.

There's no point making a topic if it doesn't really explain anything, It's good to express your ideas and you shouldn't be worried about staff or member approval. If someone disagrees they will just open a debate and that's a risk of creating a topic.

I can't even really tell what this thread is about, so I don't know where it belongs.

It's not really about anything at the moment it's just an idea, but it doesn't really seem right for this forum as its just a meet and greet place for newcomers. 

Birds of a Feather could work for Behemoth-related threads. If anything, maybe the BBT forum.

Anyway, game developers don't normally build a game around a single character. They usually work on the mechanical concepts or themes first, through prototypes.

It's a pretty complicated process.

Birds of a Feather could work for Behemoth-related threads. If anything, maybe the BBT forum.

Anyway, game developers don't normally build a game around a single character. They usually work on the mechanical concepts or themes first, through prototypes.

ok, well then I won't go on a super long explaination, but I was kinda wondering if you could make a game where you are a ((bunch of) if multiplayer)

time traveler and you go through a bunch of old times to collect pieces of an ancient relic to kill honey hug, who is presumably the ruler of the universe. yep, that pretty much sums it up.

• Upvote 1

ok, well then I won't go on a super long explaination, but I was kinda wondering if you could make a game where you are a ((bunch of) if multiplayer)

time traveler and you go through a bunch of old times to collect pieces of an ancient relic to kill honey hug, who is presumably the ruler of the universe. yep, that pretty much sums it up.

I don't work for The Behemoth, I'm only a Moderator.

I only know about this kind of thing because I'm studying video game design.

Just saying, an idea is nothing without the process. Anybody can have an idea; only the most dedicated and experienced developers can push along their ideas with consistent mechanics, dynamics, and aesthetics. It takes a knowledge of people, programming, writing, art, mathematics, advanced game design, and the game industry to be able to follow-up an idea that game developers will bat an eye at, if even that.

Plus, most companies can't even take ideas from fans, for legal reasons.

@SushiGummy I make games as well.

SushiGummi is studying video game design. What type of games you make?

Edited by FOXFRAGON

I like to make little 2D Platformer games. I am currently working on a 2D multiplayer survival game that I may release to the public

Did you get that idea from Minecraft or Terraria?All great games will take ideas from other games.

Edited by Jac16king

I like to make little 2D Platformer games. I am currently working on a 2D multiplayer survival game that I may release to the public

Did you get that idea from Minecraft or Terraria?All great games wil take ideas from other games.

actually no, I didn't

You know you really ought to have said the idea right from the getgo instead of going "I'll explain it if you guys want me to."

It makes people more willing to comment, plus we won't have to go through the convoluted process of posting a response like

"Yes we do post your idea now." or something.

And as a moderator, my words are not representative of the views of The Behemoth, nor do I represent the actual staff.

And my opinion is that they probably have several ideas posted to them on a daily basis.

Most of them being Castle Crashers 2 probably.

Did you get that idea from Minecraft or Terraria?All great games wil take ideas from other games.

actually no, I didn't

You should post your game then.

It's only fair that you do so if you claim that you might release it to the public.

You know you really ought to have said the idea right from the getgo instead of going "I'll explain it if you guys want me to."

It makes people more willing to comment, plus we won't have to go through the convoluted process of posting a response like

"Yes we do post your idea now." or something.

And as a moderator, my words are not representative of the views of The Behemoth, nor do I represent the actual staff.

And my opinion is that they probably have several ideas posted to them on a daily basis.

Most of them being Castle Crashers 2 probably.

actually no, I didn't
You should post your game then.

It's only fair that you do so if you claim that you might release it to the public.

I will but I am not quite done yet. I am still working out the kinks before I release the beta version.

Well isn't that a little bit like Battleblock Theater?