Sign in to follow this  
II xDEVOURx II

New Additions to Arena

Some new additions i would like to see in arena are:

- Able to choose your pet and weapon without going to campaign.

- The Host is able to pick the stats for all the players. (Whatever set of stats the host picks is applied to all the players, including the host.)

Ex: 5 Melee, 20 Magic, 10 Defence, 0 Agility. (Host can max out all the stats btw)

- Host can toggle if the characters lvl matters or not. (If lvl matters than host can not toggle the players stats.)

- Host can toggle if pet matters or not. (Whether it does or does not give the player a bonus)

- Host can toggle if weapons matters or not. (Whether it does or does not give the player a bonus/disadvantage)

- The option to either choose between Free-for-All or 2v2 (Friendly Fire will always be turned off)

- New Arenas.

- Host is able to toggle whether you can play with or without the Cats on the side.

- Have an arena like in the story mode where you have to fight a certain number of waves, but you are able to fight with up to 3 other people on your side with endless waves and your score is recorded on the leaderboards.( Possibly a new Gamemode :D )

- Have an arena like in the story mode where you have to fight a certain number of waves, but you are playing with up to 3 other players and each player is competing for the most amount of kills. (mightyunicorn)

- Host can toggle whether or not to let food to randomly drop from the sky. (FL Sallys Eye)

- With some of the options that can give big disadvantages, whenever the host changes those options, the players will vote on whether they would like play with or without that new change (Like playing when their lvl matters). If there is a tie then the option is left to how it was and the host cannot attempt to change the same option again until the next match.

- If these ideas are added into CC, then when playing Ranked the Host's power is limited so he cannot rig the match.

I would only like to see these added if the online is fixed, which probably will be.

:!: Post your opinions and if you have any more ideas, post them, Ill give you credit. :!:

I ussually update this topic often so check back whenever you get the chance.

In a player match those are really good, but I can forsee rigged rank where people let levels matter and pillage the people that dont boomerang their counter-player.

Id like to see the options of a limit of consumables (bombs, pots, beefs). Maybe an option to randomly drop loafs of bread from the sky (with a bearded laugh :).

- The Host is able to pick the stats for all the players.

Ex: 5 Melee, 20 Magic, 10 Defence, 0 Agility. (Host can max out all the stats btw)

Something I thought of was like, before a match you're given like, 50 stat points or something to allocate before the match as you see fit. But having to do that every time would be kind of annoying. It would be good if you could somehow set how your character works in the online arena somewhere (like in the player stats or something).

- The option to either choose between Free-for-All or 2v2 (Friendly Fire will always be turned off)

Yes please.

- Host can toggle if pet matters or not. (Whether it does or does not give the player a bonus)

Pets don't really have a place in the arena. At least not in ranked. The yeti in particular would take away blue knight/icekimos freeze ability.

- Host is able to toggle whether you can play with or without the Cats on the side.

I personally think the cats are a very important part of the arena. it keeps people from potentially smacking someone against the wall until they die.

The rest I'm indifferent on.

Something I thought of was like, before a match you're given like, 50 stat points or something to allocate before the match as you see fit. But having to do that every time would be kind of annoying. It would be good if you could somehow set how your character works in the online arena somewhere (like in the player stats or something).

You'd end up having one type of build that would be used over and over.

Yes please.

I agree, not a bad idea.

Pets don't really have a place in the arena. At least not in ranked. The yeti in particular would take away blue knight/icekimos freeze ability.

Currently some pets can be used in arenas and other can't, this is for balance issues. Just like koj said, you can't use the yeti because that negates blue knights abilities.

I personally think the cats are a very important part of the arena. it keeps people from potentially smacking someone against the wall until they die.

Currently people use the cats to hide behind (There's a way to get around them) and wait until others die. Imo this is unsportsmanlike and they become my first target in arena. I'd rather they do away with it all together, or fix it.

The rest I'm indifferent on.

quote="II xDEVOURx II"]Some new additions i would like to see in arena are:

- Able to choose your pet and weapon without going to campaign.

This has been stated before in other threads. I think it would be a good idea, but I don't want people to take forever choosing a pet. It already feels like pulling teeth looking for a game and then having everyone stay.

See above quote.

- Host can toggle if the characters lvl matters or not. (If lvl matters than host can not toggle the players stats.)

Again this would have balance issues because level 99s have more HP than 78s. Most hosts who have a 99 would turn it on and gain a huge atvantage.

See above post.

- Host can toggle if weapons matters or not. (Whether it does or does not give the player a bonus/disadvantage)

Weapons are similar to pets. Some stats work, others don't.

See above post.

- New Arenas, like the Volcano one.

The volcano arena and all the others that are currently in the game are used for the online arena.

See above post.

I would only like to see these added if the online is fixed, which probably will be.

Anyone else have ideas? Post them, Ill give you credit.

My comments are in red.

With Ranked, im hopin that the Hosts options will be limited so he cannot rig the match.

And with some of the options that can give big disadvantages, whenever the host changes an option, the players will vote on whether they would like play with or without that new change (Like playing when their lvl matters). If there is a tie then the option is left to how it was and the host cannot attempt to change the same option again until the next match.

Not to flame but... This is a thirteen dollar game. :o I mean just be happy with what you get. 8-) 2v2 would be the only one needed to be put in... With all that weapon choosing and stat choosing you cant just join a game and play. You would be picking what you want for 5 mins and play a match 1v1 for 2 or 1.... it's all good material but too much all at once. :) nice input BTW

Not to flame but... This is a thirteen dollar game. :o I mean just be happy with what you get. 8-) 2v2 would be the only one needed to be put in... With all that weapon choosing and stat choosing you cant just join a game and play. You would be picking what you want for 5 mins and play a match 1v1 for 2 or 1.... it's all good material but too much all at once. :) nice input BTW

Im not expecting all the ideas to be put into the game but a few would add alot more fun and diversity to each match, ya know?

I'd like to see something like a "who can kill the most enemies" before time runs out arena type :P

can you elaborate?

somewhat like the single player arena, wave after wave of enemies and your trying to kill more than the other players :P

player 1 got 40 kills

player 2 got 27 kills

player 3 got 13 kills

player 4 got 9 kills