Behemoth_Erin

[20-Sept-13] - A Grand Old Time!

We hope you're ready to shake your money maker, cuz cmoneyno23 is at it again!

Solo Feature:

the grandporeum by cmoneyno23

9-6-Solo-FF-1.png

Lo, the sequal to the once featured "the grimporeum", the grandporeum is a most worthy successor. Thou shalt face dangers of a new and original nature. Like magic, blocks will appear and disappear in most perplexing patterns, and verily the ducks will spin most spinningly upon thine grave.

But seriously, this is good stuff.

9-6-Solo-FF-2.png

While the grandporeum is on the murdery end of the kill-o-meter, the challenges here are a true test of your performing arts, and, thanks to some genuinely creative sequences, even the most jaded actors and actorettes will be forced to find new ways to think about all things blocky.

9-6-Solo-FF-5.png

And, of course, a playlist of this grandeur deserves a reward of equal grandiosity! This week, we introduce...

FeaturePost_BOOM.jpg

Let the world know that you're a short fuse with this adorably dangerous demolitions expert! No one will blame you for fulfilling your inner grenadier, or you can always take the boomerang with you for maximum ironic effect.

(Update!)

Oh, and Bee Tee Dub, just by stopping by the Theater you'll also find someone else has been released from their cage this week...

FeaturePost_SteamRoller2.jpg

How about about this flat-faced fellow? Flat-looking but never flat-lining, Steamroll Victim #2 is clearly the toughest of customers! As long as you're facing a Steamroller, that is.

Featured Solo Playlist [20 SEPT 2013]

--And Now a Quick Word on Scheduling--

The savvy among you may have noticed that we are only updating the Solo Feature Playlist this week, rather than both the Solo AND the Coop Playlist. Here's why:

1. We sympathize with the busy lives of busy-bodies everywhere, and considering that even some citizens of Behemothtown were missing out on some primo playlists, we wanted to give folks more time to get together with their compadres and score those A++'s.

2. We know from experience that designers can spend weeks creating an awesome playlist, and we thought it would be nice if being featured by Mr. Furbottom meant basking in the limelight for at least as long as you spent working on your levels in the first place.

So here's what the schedule will be looking like...

Week 1: Solo Feature

Week 2: Arena Feature

Week 3: Coop Feature

Week 4: Arena Feature

Also, keep an eye out for new prisoners at the oddest of intervals: just because there's not a new Solo or Coop Feature that week, it doesn't mean you won't find some goodies in your BattleBlock stocking!

Love, The Behemoth <3 

• Upvote 1

I wonder how unlocking heads by beating the playlist will work. For instance, if I beat the grandporeum 2 weeks from now when they update the coop playlist, will I get boom, or the new head? Will the star heads be tied to the playlist, or the time they are released?

Hey, good question Backup, gold star! Perhaps its time you became... leading man?

So, the long and short of it is that you'll be able to unlock a Feature's special prisoner for 2 weeks: everytime a new Solo or Coop Feature is announced, we'll be switching up the Prisoner as well.

Yes, that means that if you wait 3 weeks and play The Grandporeum, you'll be rewarded with whichever crazy character we announce 2 weeks from now. I think that makes sense, right? Let me know if any questions remain swirling around your brain stem!

My hat's off to anyone who can beat the Solo playlist on Insane Mode. Had a lot of fun, though. A lot of intuitive mechanics at play...I especially like the sections where you have to jump from duck to duck or use them to get down shafts.

• Upvote 1

Congratz CMoNeYno23! I played the Grimporeum, loved it! And now the Grandporeum, lobed it also! Great job CMoNeYno23! Keep it up! ^_^

• Upvote 1

Woah that was hard, but managed to finish the playlist with a lot of Bs. I didn't even bother to play insane...

It was a great playlist. :)

Edited by FOXFRAGON
  • Upvote 1

This week's heads are my new favorites. The Steamroll Victim looks adorable, and the BOOM! looks fantastic in game.

Loved playtesting this twice, and now getting 2 star heads out of it!  (ISEEYOU because of the glitch)

• Upvote 1

The solo playlist this week had fun and challenging levels. Great job. Cmoneyno23 is a great designer. Playlist got a 5/5 from me.

My only complaint while playing Normal mode was thinking how in the heck am I going to play these on Insane?!?!, lol. Insane A++ actually isn't that bad if you're willing to put a little time into it.

Boom is my favorite prisoner so far.

• Upvote 2

The begging begins again for little kids. I managed to finish the finales, finally hard levels again!

Yup, so that means the bomb star prisoner will get rare in the future. :)

The begging begins again for little kids. I managed to finish the finales, finally hard levels again!

Yup, so that means the bomb star prisoner will get rare in the future. :)

Yaaaaaaay!!! I love boom, I hope he gets rare.

• Upvote 1

I've been rocking the lava lamp ever since it came out, but I think I found a new favorite prisoner!

That playlist sure was challenging!  And I actually learned something from it, you can slide kick through robot's rockets!  Damn that would have been good to know weeks ago!

Edited by mmk
  • Upvote 1