Sign in to follow this  
Roy-G-Biv

The Research Centuar

Interesting... It's only been half a year and we are already past the unnamed "Game 4" phase.

I can't wait to find out some more about it. :P

This doesn't mean crap.

Sega registered Sonic Adventure 3 and there still isn't a game with the title Sonic Adventure 3 out there now is there?

This ^

oh and this:

http://www.theresearchcentaur.com/

Quoting from another thread eh?

Well anyhow, I'm not so certain The Behemoth would be willing to sit on a registered name but not use it, though who knows?

Research implies this could be some sort of mobile game focused on upgrades through... what else? Research!

Or maybe this is The Behemoth's foray into the RPG world?

This doesn't mean crap.

Sega registered Sonic Adventure 3 and there still isn't a game with the title Sonic Adventure 3 out there now is there?

This ^

oh and this:

Quoting from another thread eh?

Well anyhow, I'm not so certain The Behemoth would be willing to sit on a registered name but not use it, though who knows?

Research implies this could be some sort of mobile game focused on upgrades through... what else? Research!

Or maybe this is The Behemoth's foray into the RPG world?

Imma continue on your trail of thought.

Title analysis:

The Research Centaur is a pun using research center and centaur.

Putting centaur in a title pretty much guarantees there'll be a centaur in this product.

Centaurs are solely used in medieval fantasy settings. The centaur in the splash image is wielding a bow, so in this setting at least the centaur race is in a pre-firearm era. (Research Center however is more modern sounding, just my opinion)

Research means gathering samples and information. Gathering stuff usually results in crafting other stuff.

So from just the title we can deduce this game having some fantasy aspects, some medieval aspects, gathering and crafting.

Medieval Fantasy settings are mostly used in RPG's. Gathering and Crafting are also mostly used in RPG games.

Therefore, with the current information, this is likely to be the behemoth's first rpg.

This doesn't mean crap.

This ^

oh and this:

Well, pretty much every 3D Sonic game after Adventure 2 started off as SA3..... Heroes, Unleashed, '06........

So I don't think that really applies, also that logo rocks

I hate to ruin the mood, but...I think this is for their game testing stuff. I signed up to be a volunteer game tester for The Behemoth when I was at SDCC and that same logo was on the email that I received from them.

Edited by KirbyWindWaker

I hate to ruin the mood, but...I think this is for their game testing stuff. I signed up to be a volunteer game tester for The Behemoth when I was at SDCC and that same logo was on the email that I received from them.

Well I guess it's about time for you to spill the beans.

Or for TB to spill the beans.

Either way beans are being spilled for our pleasure.

Perhaps you're gonna be their research centaur and play Game 4 to contribute to their research center.

Pokemon trademarked the name Pokemon Grey, but that never went anywhere...

I believe it's called PR.

And probably Nintendo of America assumed Gamefreak was going to do Pokemon Grey.

It's only logical.

Well, judging by the logo, do you think it's going to be some sort of FPS or RPG?

Alright. So...I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here...It was in the email they sent me for play testing. 

"We're The Research Centaur, a subdivision of The Behemoth (the creators of Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater). We help developers better understand what people like or dislike about their games before they're released."

• Upvote 2

The research centaur is a video game research group. Check out the website and apply to test games in beta!!

FYI, the Research Centaur doesn't do at-home beta testing. They're only looking for people in the San Diego area since people are required to go into the lab for playtesting. :) 

Going to lock this topic since this has been cleared up.