Hey, I am creating this thread because, well...I need some inspiration. For awhile now everything I make I just don't like it and trash it. I have trashed 3 decent levels because, idk. So I would like some ideas (ideas, not pictures or specific layouts or anything just ideas like what certain blocks to use together, level path layout is fine, stuff like that) from you guys and I will work with them to cope something together to make it work...hopefully. Thanks to anyone that posts!

P.S. If you give me an idea and I use it and it works nicely and I like it a lot I will mention your name and thank you! (Especially if it gets featured one day, not aiming for it but just saying.)

Take any object in the game and use it unconventionally. Find out what interactions blocks have between each other. Once you've done that, crafting puzzles is a cinch.

• Upvote 1

Quit playing for like three months and go back.  That's what I did, and making a couple levels was easy.

Have you actually made some levels?  I'd be interested in trying them out if you ever decide to make them available.  I think your lack of activity in BBT could possibly make interesting levels since you wouldn't be brainwashed by everything that has been done multiple times.

In response to PS3 guy, try making the feeling of a different game.  For instance, make an "escape the room" inspired playset where the play feels trapped inside of a 4 square box and give them a set of puzzles they have to figure out...

Actually scratch that... I think I've been inspired.  If you're interested in the idea, maybe we could have a level showdown?

Back to work!

• Upvote 1

Quit playing for like three months and go back.  That's what I did, and making a couple levels was easy.

Have you actually made some levels?  I'd be interested in trying them out if you ever decide to make them available.  I think your lack of activity in BBT could possibly make interesting levels since you wouldn't be brainwashed by everything that has been done multiple times.

In response to PS3 guy, try making the feeling of a different game.  For instance, make an "escape the room" inspired playset where the play feels trapped inside of a 4 square box and give them a set of puzzles they have to figure out...

Actually scratch that... I think I've been inspired.  If you're interested in the idea, maybe we could have a level showdown?

Back to work!

My lack of experience in BBT makes it really hard to make levels, but I know nothing of traps or anything since I don't play the Features, like, ever.  I almost finished the playlist, and I only have two encore levels left and the secret level.  It's not the hardest playlist ever, either, but it's okay.

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking about creating a sort of missile run, but haven't had time to for the past few days. If you haven't played all of the encores yet, you should try playing the very last one again (Chap. 8) and make some kind of speed run. Maybe saw tunnel or spike strip, or some sort of cat chase. Preferably a good cat chase too, I've seen too many bad ones and would LOVE to play a well thought out one. 

• Upvote 1

Quit playing for like three months and go back. That's what I did, and making a couple levels was easy.

Have you actually made some levels? I'd be interested in trying them out if you ever decide to make them available. I think your lack of activity in BBT could possibly make interesting levels since you wouldn't be brainwashed by everything that has been done multiple times.

In response to PS3 guy, try making the feeling of a different game. For instance, make an "escape the room" inspired playset where the play feels trapped inside of a 4 square box and give them a set of puzzles they have to figure out...

Actually scratch that... I think I've been inspired. If you're interested in the idea, maybe we could have a level showdown?

Back to work!

My lack of experience in BBT makes it really hard to make levels, but I know nothing of traps or anything since I don't play the Features, like, ever. I almost finished the playlist, and I only have two encore levels left and the secret level. It's not the hardest playlist ever, either, but it's okay.

If you ever upload it let me know.
  • Upvote 1