Behemoth_Erin

[15-Nov-13] Ride The Rotten Rainbow!

I cant figure out the start block puzzle on 3-3 with the blue and purple blocks, any help anyone? :(

That bit took me almost an hour to figure out. I felt really stupid when I did.

Hmmm, I don't remember it. What puzzle is that one again?

The very beginning of 3-3 past those two sawblades and there's these two movable blocks, on is blue and the other is purple. The blue one needs to be on the blue switch to open this 1x1 gap to get through to this other area where there is a laser blocked by this purple switch block but the purple switch is right next to the blue switch and there are fans opposite the laser and when it turns on it blocks the fan so you can get through BUT on the other side there on more blue switch blocks that need the blue switch to be turned off because otherwise the blocks are turned off and you can't climb up there. Just above the laser there is a path of clouds that leads you back if you get stuck but it is a one way path.

So what you have to do is have one movable block on the blue switch. Then fit the other block in the 1x1 gap with the switch block. Then while it's in the move the other block off of the blue switch and onto the purple switch. Then grab hold of the block with is in the 1x1 gap and move through the gap with it. Then use the laser to get past the fans and the other blocks should be activated, allowing you to climb up to the next part.

Hope you caught all that.

Oh yeah. That took me ages as well... But I gotta admit, that was a great obstacle/puzzle :P

I came into the playlist expecting to fly through it.  After dying several times near the start of the first level, I realized that this would be an actual challenge.

Tons of fun!  Lots of areas that I spent ages on, only to realize that there were some cleverly hidden teleporters or blocks.

I loved seeing a wide variety of mechanics (especially the rocks + invisible blocks or ducksharks walking on air)

Great choice, hope to see more like this in the future! 

• Upvote 2

This is not a fun challenge at all. I've destroyed two controllers three pencils and torn a book into shreds from frustrationw ith this stupid piece of garbage. Some of the previous ones were challenging in a way that I felt rewarded when I got through. These are just stupid. Twitch challenges with poor controls are not fun at all. Spent an hour on the last finale and I'm ready to commit mass murder. Not to speak of the hours and hours I spent on the other levels because there was no way of knowing what I was supposed to do and had to search the net for the actual totally unintuitive nonsensical solution that still took several attempts to accomplish. Half a star because I can't give 0.

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOL

This is not a fun challenge at all. I've destroyed two controllers three pencils and torn a book into shreds from frustrationw ith this stupid piece of garbage. Some of the previous ones were challenging in a way that I felt rewarded when I got through. These are just stupid. Twitch challenges with poor controls are not fun at all. Spent an hour on the last finale and I'm ready to commit mass murder. Not to speak of the hours and hours I spent on the other levels because there was no way of knowing what I was supposed to do and had to search the net for the actual totally unintuitive nonsensical solution that still took several attempts to accomplish. Half a star because I can't give 0.

If you went through all that for just 1 playlist no guide would of helped you.

I disagree. The devs even said that this playlist was difficult and challenged the standard puzzles we've seen before.

A. The levels weren't broken so you can't be upset about that.

2. The levels were asthetically pleasing.

Three. There were notifications to guide the new player on how to solve the puzzles, but a puzzle is no fun if it comes pre-solved

Fourth. You have 4 weeks not 4 hours to play this playlist, and there is a good reason why the devs give that long. It allows a playlist to get the attention it deserves and it also gives causal players enough time to complete them.

You can dislike a playlist, and I have disliked several, but don't call it garbage. Try to be constructive in your response and consider how the level designer will feel reading your response.

• Upvote 3

I thought I was stressed from this playlist... I only broke 1 and 1/2 controllers and snapped two pencils. Though throwing my bookshelf out the window is a bit worse than ripping up a book I guess tho.

Doubt we'll be seeing many Scuba Steves besides the one that you can already buy in the gift shop *cough* *cough*

Fun playlist tho.

Edited by BiPolarBear

You created a profile today to make one post, and this was it?

RAGE!!!!1!

• Upvote 1

You created a profile today to make one post, and this was it?

RAGE!!!!1!

Stay tuned for trilogy. 

I disagree. The devs even said that this playlist was difficult and challenged the standard puzzles we've seen before.

A. The levels weren't broken so you can't be upset about that.

2. The levels were asthetically pleasing.

Three. There were notifications to guide the new player on how to solve the puzzles, but a puzzle is no fun if it comes pre-solved

Fourth. You have 4 weeks not 4 hours to play this playlist, and there is a good reason why the devs give that long. It allows a playlist to get the attention it deserves and it also gives causal players enough time to complete them.

You can dislike a playlist, and I have disliked several, but don't call it garbage. Try to be constructive in your response and consider how the level designer will feel reading your response.

I agree. Anyways this playlist is fun and creative, it may be a bit challenging, but having an easy playlist over and over is boring. And many of these puzzles are very original. I gave it 5 stars. (BTW I hardly believed any of you broke controllers)

• Upvote 1

Personally, I loved this set of levels. Each one seemed to present a new challenge. The puzzles were brilliantly clever

Tough, but clever

Probably my favourite Furbottom's Feature yet! 

• Upvote 1

I raged a lot but kinda enjoyed the playlist, it was stuffed with fresh ideas, I LOVED the upside down duck walk!!!

5/5

• Upvote 1

« A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. » Winston Churchil

« L'art commence avec la difficulté. » André Gide

One of the toughest, but best features yet. For any skilled bbt player, like most on these forums are, you can beat it. The design is just different, and very complex at some points. I did get caught once where I had to start the level over. But I die a lot, feel like I got lucky a few times, used the frog and acid bubble, the frog can help a lot on the final stage. 5 Stars.

• Upvote 2

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOL

Please make more constructive comments and don't double post.
  • Upvote 1

Wow if it took you that long to do it, why didn't you just go beg for the head in the gift shop like everyone else who calls this playlist garbage? Also, you shouldn't have rated this playlist half a star, it was meant for better than average players, and just because you weren't good enough to beat it doesn't mean you have to hate on something that took a lot of time and effort to make. lol and I know i'm a couple of days late but really awesome playlist MisterrQuentin, I really enjoyed playing it again. Congrats on getting featured!

• Upvote 3

Awhile back, around Apr-May (can't remember the exact date) I said a pretty mean comment about a challenging playlist. I was thinking it was Cmoneyno23's first featured playlist, but it wasn't. It was actually Mugi's. I think my exact words were '...wow, I actually didn't have fun playing bbt...' As you did, at the time I rated that playlist the lowest possible score.

Believe me when I say that as you gain more experience, you will regret rating a challenging playlist with a low score and posting a derogatory comment w/ little to no constructive criticism.

In the future, I hope you will learn to appreciate the creativity and challenge of the playlists that Mugi, Cmoneyno23 and now Misterrquentin (also, the playlist awhile ago w/ the Red Alert level - can't recall the creator off hand) put their time into creating because they are few and far between the overly easy featured playlists. The campaign levels can only get you so far. If you take the time, the playlists made by these guys really elevate your thinking and skill level. Another thought to consider - the featured community playlists are a very clever way Behemoth saves you money as you can play new levels w/o needing to purchase DLC (that being said, personally, I would purchase bbt dlc in a heartbeat!).

• Upvote 2