Sign in to follow this  
Mr Star

The Gift Shop - Looking For Suggestions

Some of the forum dwellers may remember me for a little while back where I opened a lobby shop and handed out free star heads.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve the upcoming re-release of the shop, this shop will be re-born sometime next week and the more ideas the smoother it will run

Suggestions :

- adding post count requirement : this will help lower spam received as well as try to encourage some more activity on the forum

- make specific days for doing trades which I will highlight on a calendar and peope can choose what day will be best for trading.

For 'Rare' heads, make a sort of contest thing like a random drawing of a name so the heads aren't pointless. So like 1 out of every 3 people who entered the 'contest' for the head will get it.

Contest Rules:

• Each person can only enter a contest 3 times per rare head. And each contest will be out of 3 people.
  • Bribes and favoritism are forbidden.

I, personally would prefer if you didn't hand out heads that are still obtainable, if they don't get it from the feature, they're just not trying and don't even care.

Just a suggestion to keep the rare heads somewhat rare. If you dislike this, don't use it, just my suggestion so the people who got a legit head (Like most people on here) don't get pissed.

Rare heads would be:

• Hooshmand The Wise
  • Cat Control
  • Toast
  • Behemoth Chicken
  • Rose
  • Lava Lamp

Thanks, Memor, & Derekis.

(I didn't know furrbottom was re-released...)

Edited by Undead Ninya
  • Upvote 2

Rare heads would be:

• Hooshmand The Wise
  • Cat Control
  • Toast
  • Purham Furbottom
  • Behemoth Chicken

...and Rose and Lava Lamp.

Edited by Memor

I'd recommend not giving out any heads without a valid reason of why they don't have them and can't wait for them to be re-released.  Something like "I am collecting all of them and don't have___" or "I just got the game" isn't a good reason.  Something like, I was out of the country on the day it was released, or I was completely unaware that it was even released, or my xbox was destroyed are valid reasons.

I'm not being selfish, but there's a reason they aren't just readily available at all times.

Giving away free star heads is like giving away free xbox achievements, it just makes them worthless to everyone.

I appreciate your generosity, but somethings are better when they aren't given away.

• Upvote 1

I need the fat cat.

I check the sites on Friday how would I have known there was going to be some fat cat on a random day of the week.

I need the fat cat.

I check the sites on Friday how would I have known there was going to be some fat cat on a random day of the week.

Interesting suggestion for the topic at hand. Can you elaborate on how this can help Mr. Star's website?

I will try make everything available by Wednesday and in all honesty people could come up with any number of reasons but I have lost my star heads on one account 3 times because it's corrupted on my account so if I can help and at least fuel this community more to make them require so many posts then at least I'm there to help people. I was thinking about doing like an artwork contest or a sort of prize draw of 3 random people who apply for heads that are really rare

I was thinking about doing like an artwork contest or a sort of prize draw of 3 random people who apply for heads that are really rare

Oh, you were, were you?... <_< 

But if you do do it, make sure to include the rules please, they're there for a reason.

Also, I 100% agree with Backup Sidekick that you shouldn't give them away, but trying to convince you to stop probably would just waste my precious BBT time...Which is kind of  All the time...

If you do decide to give the star heads away, rather than making it a certain amount of posts, make it a time of activity on the forum.  If people come and spam the forum, that won't help anything here, but if they are willing to post, read, participate, enjoy, contribute, and become someone worth giving a head to, then I think that has higher value.

The other thing you could do is a SCHEDULED rerelease of star heads.  For instance, only make 1 available a month, or however long, and have a calendar of when you will make them available to get.  Too bad if you already have that head and want a different one, it isn't available currently, but it will be in "X" days.

Lastly, have a value associated with them.  Maybe use the star head guide that Swag BBQ came up with or something, but don't just give them away.  You can give the extra gems you earn away or do whatever you want with them, but I'd say don't give the heads away unless it's a special occassion.  Or, make people trade star head for star head.

In addition to my pm suggestions to you, make the post count currency.  Saying that if someone got 1000 they could get a 1000 head, and their amount on your website would be zero. Just to not let people easily get every single head in a day.

I could add a somewhat of a gem barrier and charges fixed amount of gems for them at least people would have to put game time into getting gems, and maybe do certain rare heads every now and there like what was suggested

There no point convincing me i shouldn't I will still do a shop like I used to but I will hold back some heads don't worry or charge silly amount of gems for things like hooshmand

I need the fat cat.

Interesting suggestion for the topic at hand. Can you elaborate on how this can help Mr. Star's website?

Hm, I think it would help cause I would be happy.

He could get 

2000 Gems

Chicken Head

Donut Head

Tiny Cyclops

um some more too. I just don't know what I have spares of.

For 'Rare' heads, make a sort of contest thing like a random drawing of a name so the heads aren't pointless. So like 1 out of every 3 people who entered the 'contest' for the head will get it.

Contest Rules:

• Each person can only enter a contest 3 times per rare head. And each contest will be out of 3 people.

I, personally would prefer if you didn't hand out heads that are still obtainable, if they don't get it from the feature, they're just not trying and don't even care.

Just a suggestion to keep the rare heads somewhat rare. If you dislike this, don't use it, just my suggestion so the people who got a legit head (Like most people on here) don't get pissed.

Rare heads would be:

• Hooshmand The Wise
  • Cat Control
  • Toast
  • Purham Furbottom
  • Behemoth Chicken
  • Rose
  • Lava Lamp

Thank you, Memor.

Furbottom isn't rare now as he was rereleased back in September.

Contest Rules:

Rare heads would be:

• Hooshmand The Wise
  • Cat Control
  • Toast
  • Purham Furbottom
  • Behemoth Chicken
  • Rose
  • Lava Lamp

Thank you, Memor.

Which really sucks, he was my first Star Head. Also on the subject of gem fees, I don't see a point. That is just like going into the giftshop when EVERYONE offers the 100 gems for the LavaLamp or something. I would suggest a random drawing of names or maybe something else. Like say 'I want a picture of your best piece of origami with your name on or below it for the head of your choice!'

Why not use something like Random.org and have an event with like a chatroom and who ever is in there gets a chance at a star head, I dunno.

Contest Rules:

Rare heads would be:

• Hooshmand The Wise
  • Cat Control
  • Toast
  • Purham Furbottom
  • Behemoth Chicken
  • Rose
  • Lava Lamp

Thank you, Memor.

Which really sucks, he was my first Star Head. Also on the subject of gem fees, I don't see a point. That is just like going into the giftshop when EVERYONE offers the 100 gems for the LavaLamp or something. I would suggest a random drawing of names or maybe something else. Like say 'I want a picture of your best piece of origami with your name on or below it for the head of your choice!'

Mine was Chicken.

#BUYINGTHEGAMEONTHEFIRSTDAYJUSTANDGETALLTHESTARHEADSUNTILSOMESTUPIDANUALCATDAYRUINSITALL

• Upvote 1

i can appreciate some people will be annoyed that i will giving heads away that people have worked hard for but if you guys can come up with a solution where you guys are still happy and u can still help people that need them then please suggest it. 

thanks for all the great suggestions by the way i will work on coming up with something and i will update the OP so you guys can take a look when done

Charge 200 Gems per head?

So they aren't free and aren't too over priced that they are hard to get.

Sidenote : I got the fatcat for my Hand with the Eyeball.

I'd pay 200 for a Hand Eyeball.

Edited by Spyer

Hi, newly registered although I have been reading for a couple months now.

I downloaded BBT late and after a few months of working to get all the star heads I missed from the past, i am now only missing 2 (Siren and Cat Control). I just wanted to say that your Giftshop idea is amazing, as the majority of people online only try to scam people for the gems and star heads. I agree that their should be tiers for the heads to gems, i.e. Hooshmand is 5000, and the new FBI agent is like 50. idk.