Sign in to follow this  
SpoonArtist

I Need The Pc Helps.

So I had this great idea to make a Doge picture for my profile, and remembered you guys talking about a free version of photoshop called 'Gimp.' So I looked it up and started downloading it and stuff, I'm not sure if I went to the wrong website or something but it came with a wonderful package of about 5 other programs. I have Windows 8 so it took a while to figure out how to uninstall them, all except one. The program is called FindWide.com and every time I attempt to uninstall it my PC asks if I will allow it to make changes on my computer's hard drive. Every time I denied it access and its still there, I have no idea what to do about it or if I should just let it sit there and never make changes, my PC is doing a full system scan now so maybe it will give me a direct option to uninstall, I don't know. The problem is that whenever I right-click the program from Control Panel it gives only the option to 'Uninstall/Change' and all I care about is the uninstall part.

If anyone here is a super PC expert I could really use the help, because for now paint is my #1 photoshop program.

EDIT: Yep I used getgimp.com  BAD IDEA. 

EDIT #2: I've removed FindWide from Chrome now, but its still on my hard drive.

Edited by SpoonArtist

First off, I don;t know what you downloaded, but that doesn't sound right.  Second, always read what you're installing.  These day, companies will bundle in toolbars and crap because everyone just keeps clicking next during install.  It's annoying as hell, but that's probably what happened.

I recommend downloading Ad-Aware antivirus.  It has something called Hunter Mode, where you click on the window or program that you want gone, and it deletes all of the files for that program.  Really useful for viruses with pop up windows and whatnot.

Also, Revo Uninstaller has done me wonders in the past, so I very much recommend that as well.

Thank you so much with the Revo program, it worked amazingly! I have to ask though, is it possible to uninstall Revo Uninstaller through Revo Uninstaller?